Sign in to follow this  
The Dog

My prediction for when the board will act

It feels more and more likely to me that our board will finally wake up and sack Wagner at the end of January, just as the transfer window closes. They will finally make the decision when we have taken few if any points form Hull, West Brom and Leeds games and been knocked out the cup by Bristol Rovers.  
The decision will be reluctantly made as they will suddenly start to panic about season ticket renewals. 

• Like 1

The decision will either not be made at all or so late that it’s genuinely hilarious.

• Sad 1

Hard to be confident they’d even act then. Feels more likely to me that unless we start to drop toward the relegation zone, they won’t act at all until the end of season. 

• Sad 1

I think it’ll be about 10 games before the end of the season 

make sure we are safe then act then

Ridiculous 

they are praying we sneak into the playoffs which we all know is not happening! 
So essentially this season is written off now ( unless he goes next week, which ain’t happening!)

Nothing will happen this season Delia loves him. He'll probably get 10 games of next season just in case.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

I think it’ll be about 10 games before the end of the season 

make sure we are safe then act then

Ridiculous 

they are praying we sneak into the playoffs which we all know is not happening! 
So essentially this season is written off now ( unless he goes next week, which ain’t happening!)

It’s truly a scandal out club is being run like this

• Like 1

The board will enact “operation victim” very soon.

Itll be “we’ve had threats” etc etc

Somehow, some way. I dunno you guys I’m just getting the feeling that all of this might very well be, and I know this will shock you

Our.

Fault.

Posted (edited)

Webber has been the decision maker at the Club. He sacked Farke and got Smith and Wagner. 

He has left and has left a vacuum , to be filled by a guy who a) has never done anything like this before and b) has only just arrived to a brand new club . It is no surprise that he hasn’t acted. It isn’t even certain that he would know who to get in Wagners place . 

We will see what contacts he has . If he just adjudicates on applicants then that seems a retro step. Our success has been going out to get people we want - Lambert, Neil , Farke . Trick is knowing , and how to get them. McNally knew as did Webber. That’s how “headhunting” works. 

As for players , we will see if he has a plan . So far all is quiet . Let’s hope he is peddling fast beneath the  surface.  

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Any other club would have acted in November 2023 when results were going wrong for us the fans and the club does not care.my suggestion is to sack the manager and loan out the players who don’t want to play for the club, Delia and her husband need to sell there shares to a new owner with money to invest to buy good young players for next season.

27 minutes ago, For the future said:

Any other club would have acted in November 2023 when results were going wrong for us the fans and the club does not care.my suggestion is to sack the manager and loan out the players who don’t want to play for the club, Delia and her husband need to sell there shares to a new owner with money to invest to buy good young players for next season.

See, nice and simple 

1 hour ago, For the future said:

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Webber has been the decision maker at the Club. He sacked Farke and got Smith and Wagner. 

He has left and has left a vacuum , to be filled by a guy who a) has never done anything like this before and b) has only just arrived to a brand new club . It is no surprise that he hasn’t acted. It isn’t even certain that he would know who to get in Wagners place . 

We will see what contacts he has . If he just adjudicates on applicants then that seems a retro step. Our success has been going out to get people we want - Lambert, Neil , Farke . Trick is knowing , and how to get them. McNally knew as did Webber. That’s how “headhunting” works. 

As for players , we will see if he has a plan . So far all is quiet . Let’s hope he is peddling fast beneath the  surface.  

Webber knew to start with Exactly what was needed 

What i was disappointed in Webber was he said he would always be looking ahead as in if Manager left or was Sacked he would have kept a eye on the football world for the next in Line that's what let him down he didn't ,

Zoe Ward said the same when Wagner was Hired and that was a load of Rubbish 

something along the lines of we keep a eye on Managers around the world at all times then Wagner Stu's mate is Hired Same when Smith was Hired 

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

It feels more and more likely to me that our board will finally wake up and sack Wagner at the end of January, just as the transfer window closes. They will finally make the decision when we have taken few if any points form Hull, West Brom and Leeds games and been knocked out the cup by Bristol Rovers.  
The decision will be reluctantly made as they will suddenly start to panic about season ticket renewals. 

Well Wagner’s struck lucky that he won’t have to face Leeds this month so that’s one bullet dodged.

I don't think D&M want any part of his sacking at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang around until after the takeover is fully completed. 

I thought Wagner was on a rolling contract which is up for renewal this month. Wouldn't now be the best time to get rid of him?

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

I thought Wagner was on a rolling contract which is up for renewal this month. Wouldn't now be the best time to get rid of him?

Why aren't people understanding rolling contracts?? The clue is in the name 🤔🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Why aren't people understanding rolling contracts?? The clue is in the name 🤔🤣

Well yeah but I assumed there would be some kind of break clause involved. So you're saying, if Wagner doesn't quit, he could be our manager forever?

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, The Dog said:

At the moment it does feel like there is little positive decision-making from occurring and we are treading water/regressing. The return of little old Norwich is making a strong comeback. 

Edited by jaberry2

21 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Well yeah but I assumed there would be some kind of break clause involved. So you're saying, if Wagner doesn't quit, he could be our manager forever?

The break clause probably exists but as discussed elsewhere will be based on a season ending KPI - which we are frequently told by the club is to get promotion. Fail to do that and the club can instigate the break clause at the end of the season (practically this could be confirmed as early as the Binners match) if they want but would Smith & Jones feel so inclined if the EFL haven't approved Attanasio's share purchase? Wagner is just dragging it out to draw in more coin.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Satriales said:

Basically whenever we give him the old heave ho, it'll cost us 12 months pay, so financially there isn't any 'good or bad' time to get rid 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

February 1st, to ensure no money is expended in the transfer window and the new manager will have a grace period as 'it's not his squad' 'not suited to his style'.

Then sack him February 2025 and repeat

22 hours ago, For the future said:

Any other club would have .,,,

Beaut got yer! 

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

The break clause probably exists but as discussed elsewhere will be based on a season ending KPI - which we are frequently told by the club is to get promotion. Fail to do that and the club can instigate the break clause at the end of the season (practically this could be confirmed as early as the Binners match) if they want but would Smith & Jones feel so inclined if the EFL haven't approved Attanasio's share purchase? Wagner is just dragging it out to draw in more coin.  

Shef  i posted earlier is the Break Clause worth waiting for how much will it save us waiting ? 250k 500k maybe a million 

a lot of damage can be done to club in the time from now till summer 

players who might of stayed might say had enough of this get out ( we wanted to keep )