Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

🎅official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Terriers🎅

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

One upping the scarfs from last week 🤣🤣

IMG_20231223_114500057.jpg

You gotta wear the colemans scarf with that too. And you might as well get a colesman hat while you're at it. Just go full Colemans (Although you might get mistaken for a Watford fan..)

• Haha 1

First time for a long, long time I'll be going with a sense of expectation and optimism.

Edited by canarydan23

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You gotta wear the colemans scarf with that too. And you might as well get a colesman hat while you're at it. Just go full Colemans (Although you might get mistaken for a Watford fan..)

I feel live I've already coordinated enough 🤣🤣🤣 the scarf stays in the cupboard. 

IMG_20231223_115020005.jpg

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Rowe, Sainz and Hernandez is interesting, as is Barnes on his own up top.

Rowe will be upfront with Barnes, which is good, but it's whether Hernandez can provide the service.

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Wanting a win in 45 mins.. then cruise the 2nd half.... But footballs not like that! 

Like Leeds against Ipswich, you mean?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Rowe will be upfront with Barnes, which is good, but it's whether Hernandez can provide the service.

Guess all those who have said Rowe would make a good striker will be happy

This is a crucial game; with a really hard run of fixtures coming up, we could do with the three points. If we can still be within shouting distance of the play-offs after the next seven games, we've got a decent chance, I think.

If Hwang makes the bench, why.would he now choose Onel behind Barnes. 

Idah has failed again to take his chances, and to me shows he just isnt good enough, but feel sorry for him, unless Barnes or Rowe will play upfront and behind, with Onel on the wing

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Feel sorry for Idah here- Wagner feels almost desperate to drop him at times.

We'll find out today but I'm not convinced by Rowe playing up on his own. I'd put Barnes up there with Rowe behind. But I feel sorry for Adam as well. There's a player in there but he's low on confidence. Getting dropped won't help him. 

Hernandez still there and Placheta's not even on the bench. Welcome back, Dimi - clearly a minor twinge. Problem for most speedsters - they tend to be vulnerable to hamstring injuries.

Sainz played across the front line in Turkey if I recall correctly.

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We'll find out today but I'm not convinced by Rowe playing up on his own. I'd put Barnes up there with Rowe behind. But I feel sorry for Adam as well. There's a player in there but he's low on confidence. Getting dropped won't help him. 

It just feels like he's on a much shorter leash than anyone else. Barnes was dreadful v Ipswich but when he's fit he's undroppable for some reason.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Looks to me like a starting eleven chosen to play against what Wagner expects to be a massed defence.

Really? Hernandez has one quality and that is speed which is next to useless next to a team sitting deep asking us to break them down. He's the last player I'd pick in that situation.

Am I overseeing things here but our bench looks pretty strong,each one has started a game at some point or completed 90 mins at some point.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Really? Hernandez has one quality and that is speed which is next to useless next to a team sitting deep asking us to break them down. He's the last player I'd pick in that situation.

I should have said "...apart from Hernandez..."😍 Otherwise I think that is the plan. No out and out striker and lots of quick-footed ballplayers to unpick the defence.