Graham Paddons Beard

According to Binny McKenna

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

One player and the wheels came off.

How many did we have out at one time, including our main striker. 

Also, Sargent is infinitely better than Hirst in any case. 

Which was the case with us when we lost Sargent! We’d have survived any of the other injuries if Sarge had stayed fit.

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Which was the case with us when we lost S'rgent! We’d have survived any of the other injuries if Sarge had stayed fit.

Who are you sticking up for here?

We also lost Hanley, our captain, Gunn our main ;keeper and many others at critical times, while even Saintz was still "acclimatising" and recovering from an injury sustained pre-season.

It was a holocaust.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

He’s key for you, no doubt. Similarly to Sargent with us. Hopefully Moore doesn’t fill that gap.. and he started he well yesterday!

Maidstone though. Maidstone! You’ll never live that down, and quite right. Utterly embarrassing for you lot. Highest EPL defeat, the biggest FA cup upset of all time… you do have history alright. Sorry, off on a tangent 😉

For God's sake! How on earth can they be expected to beat Maidstone without Hirst? Try to be reasonable 😂

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

We also lost Hanley, our captain, Gunn our main ;keeper and many others at critical times, while even Saintz was still "acclimatising" and recovering from an injury sustained pre-season.

It was a holocaust.

It wasn’t great but describing it as a holocaust is stretching it a bit.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It wasn’t great but describing it as a holocaust is stretching it a bit.

Poetic licence, dear boy. Poetic licence. The Binners are prone to exaggeration about their history and their players and their excuses, so surely we can be occasionally?

Edited by BroadstairsR

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It was a holocaust.

All those players out cost us points, Long was bloody dire for most of the games he played and our central defence was a shambles at times, add to that, not having a fully fit strike force and players coming back or being eased in, it certainly was a footballing holocaust.

14 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

All those players out cost us points, Long was bloody dire for most of the games he played and our central defence was a shambles at times, add to that, not having a fully fit strike force and players coming back or being eased in, it certainly was a footballing holocaust.

I've just investigated, and it is indeed the wrong word to use:

"The word 'holocaust' comes from ancient Greek and means 'burnt offering'. Even before the Second World War, the word was sometimes used to describe the death of a large group of people, but since 1945, it has become almost synonymous with the murder of the European Jews during the Second World War."

We'll need to retract.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It was a holocaust.

14 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

it certainly was a footballing holocaust.

image.jpeg.53c3e6fc8f32cfbcbe8ecc271b0ee528.jpeg

6 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

image.jpeg.53c3e6fc8f32cfbcbe8ecc271b0ee528.jpeg

Yeah, I got what Broadstairs meant, so did you, and the fact that most of the injured players are back and the settling in is done, has made the difference, that's the main thing.

Edited by Daz Sparks

February is going to be a telling month for both clubs. We have a run of very winnable fixtures, whilst binners have some tough ones among theirs.

We shall see come March.

They've got some very winnable games in March while Leeds and Saints have got Leicester and West Brom to play. I think it's still going to be tight, last day of the season, Leeds v Southampton 

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

Yeah, I got what Broadstairs meant, so did you, and the fact that most of the injured players are back and the settling in is done, has made the difference, that's the main thing.

Broadly correct. In other words, lots of our players were unavailable for playing our sports team, it had a big impact on our fun game in which we invest such emotions, and it certainly was not a  holocaust.

55 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Broadly correct. In other words, lots of our players were unavailable for playing our sports team, it had a big impact on our fun game in which we invest such emotions, and it certainly was not a  holocaust.

Of course not.

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

It was a holocaust.

Hanley hasn’t really been missed, and even if he’d been fit and played wouldn’t have prevented the slide without Sargent. 

Our form was excellent at the start of the season without Sainz.. and with Sargent. So evidence is we can survive without him. 

Im not sticking up for anyone.. just being realistic that Sargent is absolutely essential to our form and irreplaceable. No other player in the side holds that status.. not even Rowe.

2 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

No need to persevere with that, it was the wrong word to use (see above) and we've already retracted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Hanley hasn’t really been missed, and even if he’d been fit and played wouldn’t have prevented the slide without Sargent. 

Our form was excellent at the start of the season without Sainz.. and with Sargent. So evidence is we can survive without him. 

Im not sticking up for anyone.. just being realistic that Sargent is absolutely essential to our form and irreplaceable. No other player in the side holds that status.. not even Rowe.

I'm not a huge fan of Sargent but I agree with what you say. He has the straightforward pace down the middle and physical strength that we simply don't have elsewhere in the squad. 

Awkward for those "Norwich fans" who adopted such an Ipswich love in and promised me they wouldn't choke auto promotion.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Awkward for those "Norwich fans" who adopted such an Ipswich love in and promised me they wouldn't choke auto promotion.

So many of your postings contain digs at your fellow fans on here. It's a regular habit.

Genuine question: Do you somehow think you are superior to "those Norwich fans" you have now singled out?

I, personally, was amazed at the almost unprecedented and unfaltering start that the Binners  had to the season and thought McKenna some kind of freak, envying them for having him whilst we were all over the place under Wagner.

It certainly wasn't a "love in"by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm delighted at their current slump though I'm not certain it will continue and whilst they'll likely not return to early season form they seem to have built up enough points to ensure a play-off place already. Only relegated sides with parachute money and quality players have rivalled them. A decent achievement, even though it is difficult for us Canary fans to swallow.   

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

So many of your postings contain digs at your fellow fans on here. It's a regular habit.

Genuine question: Do you somehow think you are superior to "those Norwich fans" you have now singled out?

I, personally, was amazed at the almost unprecedented and unfaltering start that the Binners  had to the season and thought McKenna some kind of freak, envying them for having him whilst we were all over the place under Wagner.

It certainly wasn't a "love in"by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm delighted at their current slump though I'm not certain it will continue and whilst they'll likely not return to early season form they seem to have built up enough points to ensure a play-off place already. Only relegated sides with parachute money and quality players have rivalled them. A decent achievement, even though it is difficult for us Canary fans to swallow.   

Does fellow 'fans' include Pig Mince,Big Keith Tw*t,Cony's Boots etc and whatever account name Waveney is using these days ? 

Just asking .........for a friend 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Gunn does. It is no coincidence that goals were conceded and games lost when Gunn was absent. Point to any real clear chances yesterday.... certainties, goals not scored, and I will point to three saves that, were they to be goals against, no one would have blamed Gunn. Week after week he pulls off outstanding saves. Player of the season, so far.

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

A decent achievement, even though it is difficult for us Canary fans to swallow.  

And all through the financial competence of the club 🤔 Their 5 minutes of fame is rather like the Rolling Stones finding the Eurovision Song Contest winner's moment of glory 'hard to swallow'.  Over 40 years of almost complete failure.

Edited by RobJames

3 hours ago, C.I.D said:

Does fellow 'fans' include Pig Mince,Big Keith Tw*t,Cony's Boots etc and whatever account name Waveney is using these days ? 

Just asking .........for a friend 😉

You tell me.

Just asking ............ for myself.

So many binners inhabit this forum, although I don't think any of those extremists are amongst them.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

The one with his foot was stunning. He has earned us many points this season.

Spot on... a brilliant save at an absolutely vital juncture in the match, if we go 2-0 down then it's highly unlikely we even get a point out of it. Gunn and Sarge are equally indispensible at opposite ends of the pitch. Also, we don't really know how much we'd miss Sara as he's been virtually ever-present in the 18 months since he joined us. I think we would miss him greatly, but fingers crossed we don't get the chance to find out...

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

The position Ipswich were in earlier in the season has always resulted in that club being promoted. Although maybe not auto.

The past is not necessarily a guide to the future but as a big stats fan you would have to admit it’s on the cards.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The position Ipswich were in earlier in the season has always resulted in that club being promoted. Although maybe not auto.

The past is not necessarily a guide to the future but as a big stats fan you would have to admit it’s on the cards.

The momentum is swinging. Leicester are already gone. Southampton have 13 points from their last 15, and Leeds have 15/15. Binners have managed only six! If they lose to WBA next weekend then they'll only be 8 points ahead of them, with 15 games still to go. They'll probably have enough about them to limp into the top six, but I don't fancy them against anyone in the playoffs, and given that the team in third is likely to be Leeds or Southampton, they wouldn't beat them in the final even if they got there.

They'll balls it up, don't worry.

14 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

It was a holocaust.

Do not disagree with the effect injuries had on us but not sure why Sainz is on that list. He made his full debut against Fulham in the Carabao Cup on 27th September, he then started on the bench in the next 8 games (the whole of October and November) before finals starting the game on 13th December. Nothing to do with being injured pre season, he just wasn't picked to start matches..........

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

You tell me.

Just asking ............ for myself.

So many binners inhabit this forum, although I don't think any of those extremists are amongst them.

Aye............sadly,we can never know who is a genuine fan and who is a fake 😞

Pity that Lapps is no longer with us as he was pretty good at outing some of the WUMs on here .........

Edited by C.I.D

The pressure will be all on them when we play them and they will be cr@pping themselves over the thought of Sargent, Rowe, Sainz and Sara running at them. They know it and we know it.