Robert Ketts Yellow Army

The Times describes Delia as “condescending” towards fans

*sigh* ok I can't be arsed with this argument. It's gone. 

Here's to a better second half of the season, 14 years and counting, play off push. Merry Christmas happy new year with a new and improved Sarge and some January incomings. 🤞

Having met the lady and knowing people who know her fairly well, she certainly has a condescending attitude towards those who she feels are wrong, but then it’s certainly a trait in a lot of people to go on the attack. It’s certainly not her first time and won’t probably be her last either. Was she wrong in saying so, no probably not, was she wrong given who she was referencing, of course as the owner she has to be more respectful towards her customers, that’s why MA reacted the way he did during that response! No one should be surprised and she might be right! Her opinion is no less valid than anyone else’s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

You’re desperately trying to justify her poor communication.  And it’s just not factual that fans, especially 20%, are booing etc during the game. 
Think it’s time you accept that she made a fool of herself and is rightly being called out for it. 

Like I said. It's valid to say she shouldn't have said it. But what she said is true. The players are building up a siege mentality. Ashley Barnes told the fans to duck off after scoring his goal. Lets hope Saturdays result is a line in the sand and we can get back to 'one City strong'.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Like I said. It's valid to say she shouldn't have said it. But what she said is true. The players are building up a siege mentality. Ashley Barnes told the fans to duck off after scoring his goal. Lets hope Saturdays result is a line in the sand and we can get back to 'one City strong'.

I’ll have agree to disagree with you re the reality of the presented % of people complaining during a game to the degree it impacts the players. I think we’re a very passive crowd all in all. 
But I certainly agree with you that I hope this is a further point on the upward curve this season and there’s less to complain about. 

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

Having met the lady and knowing people who know her fairly well, she certainly has a condescending attitude towards those who she feels are wrong, but then it’s certainly a trait in a lot of people to go on the attack. It’s certainly not her first time and won’t probably be her last either. Was she wrong in saying so, no probably not, was she wrong given who she was referencing, of course as the owner she has to be more respectful towards her customers, that’s why MA reacted the way he did during that response! No one should be surprised and she might be right! Her opinion is no less valid than anyone else’s.

Well MA is probably happy that it's kept him away from the scrutiny of the fans. No questions asked just the colour of his dollars adored.

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Simple. The article links what Delia said to what McCarthy said after he was sacked by the Binners. The two have nothing in common. McCarthy said “that ended well” which at the time was 4 years in Div 3 after he got them in the playoffs. 

Delia was talking cobblers , but to link it to a “condescending” comment by Mad Mick which needed huge investment by an American Pension fun to rectify , is likely to be the work of an agenda. 

Pretty sure it was Evan’s who told Ipswich supporters to be careful what they wished for.

Given he was the owner and the fixture this weekend think that would explain why comparisons are being drawn.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Only if you're part of the 20% and proud of not supporting our team.

There's a big difference between supporting the team and thinking the club is badly run . 

1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

There's a big difference between supporting the team and thinking the club is badly run . 

The problem is you're right but a lot of fans don't seem to agree with you as recently there's been very little supporting the team 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

She was talking about what happens in Carrow Road and how that negativity affects our team. She is right.

Whether she should have said it is a different matter. However soooo many fans who never go near Carrow Road getting butt hurt about it is pathetic.

This has echoes of Webber's comments about divorcees in the snake pit, etc etc. Unbecoming of someone in any prominent role at a football club.

5 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

There's also a difference between thinking the club is badly run and not supporting our team so not sure if your point.

3 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

This has echoes of Webber's comments about divorcees in the snake pit, etc etc. Unbecoming of someone in any prominent role at a football club.

Only if Webber was right about divorcees in the snakepit. I don't know where such info is available.

Just now, hogesar said:

The problem is you're right but a lot of fans don't seem to agree with you as recently there's been very little supporting the team 

You keep saying this , but do you ? Most of the ground don't make any noise , the fans who do are mainly the same who vocally disagree. It was great being there yesterday,  a bit like old times. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

There's also a difference between thinking the club is badly run and not supporting our team so not sure if your point.

Because most of the fans who vocally support the team think the club has been badly run. You can do both, it's called passion for your club , which 80% have lost . They should be finding away of getting the 80% back not the 20% who still care. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Think that’s more of a reflection on the last 3 years than recent events.

Look at the unprecedented numbers of empty seats the other night. Whether it’s vocally (or lack of it as the case may be) or by not even being there, support is dwindling.

Maybe winning more games will sort it all out, but it just feels increasingly like things are fractured with no ability to acknowledge it, let alone plan to fix it.

Just now, Sufyellow said:

Because most of the fans who vocally support the team think the club has been badly run. You can do both, it's called passion for your club , which 80% have lost . They should be finding away of getting the 80% back not the 20% who still care. 

How do they vocally support the team by booing and abusing the players during the game. If you help me to understand that I'll buy you a Mars Bar.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

How do they vocally support the team by booing and abusing the players during the game. If you help me to understand that I'll buy you a Mars Bar.

Is that all coming from the snake pit and the lower barclay,  where they try and support the team? Is it just these areas? Three stands do nothing,  if I was a player I would be more upset seeing 75% of 3 stands get up and leave with ten minutes left. Personally I wouldn't boo during or after a game I would rather turn my back on them and walk out. I will certainly tell them to wake up , when they start to fall apart or totally stop playing and marking, but my vocal support is 2nd to none. Our support is terrible and that's not because of the vocal fans..

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Only if Webber was right about divorcees in the snakepit. I don't know where such info is available.

Webber was distracting from his failures 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

Is that all coming from the snake pit and the lower barclay,  where they try and support the team? Is it just these areas? Three stands do nothing,  if I was a player I would be more upset seeing 75% of 3 stands get up and leave with ten minutes left. Personally I wouldn't boo during or after a game I would rather turn my back on them and walk out. I will certainly tell them to wake up , when they start to fall apart or totally stop playing and marking, but my vocal support is 2nd to none. Our support is terrible and that's not because of the vocal fans..

I'm talking about vocal negative fans. So was Delia. If you want a competition for vocal positive fans come in the blankets with me and let's see who wins.

As for how the franchise is run there were little bits came out at the agm and the interviews. I thought one of the most interesting was that Webber was reporting to Attanasio during the summer transfer window. But he wasn't pressed on such things during the agm or the interviews. It's certainly not the case that Webber wasn't reporting to anyone because Attanasio spoke of receiving phone calls at midnight and how difficult that would be if he got other investors and they all had to have a say. Why do you say you care how we are run and not interested in how we are run. Is it because the press would prefer to ask Delia about the 20% who are negative during games?

80 year old woman is slightly clumsy with her words after a few too many sherries.

I do wonder how some people on message boards cope in the real world if they’re still acting offended by this however many weeks after it happened 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Do we know whether those two shareholders who were whinging at the AGM about vegan pies and no longer being able to buy golden goal tickets boo at games and abuse the players ?

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

80 year old woman is slightly clumsy with her words after a few too many sherries.

I do wonder how some people on message boards cope in the real world if they’re still acting offended by this however many weeks after it happened 

Quite. Wasn’t particularly @rsed then and I’m certainly not now.

The whole Farkelife-Farkeball-Flag Happy era was undoubtedly better, all pulling in the same direction and nobody bothered about job titles, remits, or reporting hierarchy. And it was better. It is better. That’s not to say folk can’t have complaints/concerns but it’s surely indisputable that backing the team is better than barracking them? 

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Do we know whether those two shareholders who were whinging at the AGM about vegan pies and no longer being able to buy golden goal tickets boo at games and abuse the players ?

I thought one of them was you? 

15 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm talking about vocal negative fans. So was Delia. If you want a competition for vocal positive fans come in the blankets with me and let's see who wins.

As for how the franchise is run there were little bits came out at the agm and the interviews. I thought one of the most interesting was that Webber was reporting to Attanasio during the summer transfer window. But he wasn't pressed on such things during the agm or the interviews. It's certainly not the case that Webber wasn't reporting to anyone because Attanasio spoke of receiving phone calls at midnight and how difficult that would be if he got other investors and they all had to have a say. Why do you say you care how we are run and not interested in how we are run. Is it because the press would prefer to ask Delia about the 20% who are negative during games?

It wasn't just about during games though, it was about after games and poor Stuart. He would of been sacked at any other club. Was he reporting or telling them what he was going to do? 

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

The whole Farkelife-Farkeball-Flag Happy era was undoubtedly better, all pulling in the same direction and nobody bothered about job titles, remits, or reporting hierarchy. And it was better. It is better. That’s not to say folk can’t have complaints/concerns but it’s surely indisputable that backing the team is better than barracking them? 

It’s only an issue when the team are losing. If it was while we were sitting pretty at the top of the league Delia could have happy slapped an orphan and nobody would take a blind bit of notice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sufyellow said:

It wasn't just about during games though, it was about after games and poor Stuart. He would of been sacked at any other club. Was he reporting or telling them what he was going to do? 

Poor Stuart was already reporting to Attanasio.

You're even too late for a pound of Delia's flesh...

Delia was 100% correct in her saying that 20% of the fans are winghers and there was no condescension involved. I know this because you can visit any restaurant, work place, pub, online forum, and probably many homes and find that 20% of the people (at least) in that space are whinging about something. Nothing new in that stat.

And, honestly, if those of you who are upset by her comment don’t like her, or her opinions anyway, then why waist your time whinging about her? If your response is, “she’s an old, out of touch lady who doesn’t understand that the fans are the lifeblood of the club and she ruining it” style of whinging, then it’s time to wake up. She can say what she wants because she OWNS the club. And you, as a fan, can take your hard earned pounds somewhere else. Simples.

But to hear so many people whinging about Delia whinging about a portion of the fans whinging…….hilarious!

And before someone more clever than I makes the statement that I’m whinging about people whinging about Delia whinging about fans whinging…..you could be right… 🤪

Anyway, move on. We have a playoff position to fight for.

Edited by CirclePoint
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Do you think it was drink? 

10 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

So well said!

3 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Delia was 100% correct in her saying that 20% of the fans are winghers and the was no condescension involved. I know this because you can visit any restaurant, work place, pub, online forum, and probably many homes and find that 20% of the people (at least) in that space are whinging about something. Nothing new in that stat.

And, honestly, if those of you who are upset by her comment don’t like her, or her opinions anyway, then why waist your time whinging about her? If your response is, “she’s an old, out of touch lady who doesn’t understand that the fans are the lifeblood of the club and she ruining it” style of whinging, then it’s time to wake up. She can say what she wants because she OWNS the club. And you, as a fan, can take your hard earned pounds somewhere else. Simples.

But to hear so many people whinging about Delia whinging about a portion of the fans whinging…….hilarious!

And before someone more clever than I makes the statement that I’m whinging about people whinging about Delia whinging about fans whinging…..you could be right… 🤪

Anyway, move on. We have a playoff position to fight for.

She doesn't ' OWN ' the club nor did she at the AGM as she is a minority shareholder.No longer a majority shareholder.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

So many games the vocal fans want to back them,  but there's been nothing to get behind and worse nothing to believe in. The 3 stands who do absolutely nothing are more the problem..