cambridgeshire canary

Only one loss in our last six matches

So while yes we may have rode our luck at times, our defence may have been non existant too and we have a manager who seems to have no clue about who his best players are or where they should be played..

What kind of form do you call this?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So while yes we may have rode our luck at times, our defence may have been non existant too and we have a manager who seems to have no clue about who his best players are or where they should be played..

What kind of form do you call this?

It's painful form. For the haters. For the babies. For the 20%. Awful form, we can't do anything right! 

• Like 1

It's Dean Smith form, scraping by for a few games before all goes wrong 😐😐😐😬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daz said:

It's Dean Smith form, scraping by for a few games before all goes wrong 😐😐😐😬

Scared are you, Mr McKenna?? 😉

Good results. But not good performances on the whole. Tonight better however. But the standard of opposition the past few weeks has been way off what’s to come this Saturday. Pains me to say it but I just can’t see us winning. I just hope it isn’t an embarrassment. 

• Like 2

Well Ipswich is our real test. A derby and coming up against a team in real form.

Not convinced Wagner can see us through that one, and concerned Duffy and Mclean could have a hard time on their hands

23 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Good results. But not good performances on the whole. Tonight better however. But the standard of opposition the past few weeks has been way off what’s to come this Saturday. Pains me to say it but I just can’t see us winning. I just hope it isn’t an embarrassment. 

Rubbish view. Any team can only beat what is put out before them. We know teams can often motivate themselves more easily against sides they feel are well above them in quality.

We played with a CM at CB and still won comfortably today. We are starting to see more of the side we perhaps expected to see play most of the season. Sargent and Hanley will be returning soon and we are seeing Sainz and Rowe start together.

And again, under Farke we struggled against other top six sides. The championship is a funny old beast and always has been. It's always been about consistency, and less about who you beat.

To echo Cambridge, if you look at the full table on the BBC website, you'll not that only two teams above us have better form over the last five games and they sit in 1st and 2nd place. Of the others, only one has form as good as us and they sit in 3rd. 5 games does not make a season.

But if I see any more of these really daft opinions about winning games and not being very convincing despite having had the vast majority of possession (56% today despite the opposition having 4 kick-offs, 3 for the conceded goals and one for the start of a half). We are also getting more shots on target, even the last game which was a draw and people said we were struggling to create opportunities, we created enough to have won by 3 or 4 with better finishing. Preston hit the bar and that was it.

And again, it doesn't matter that it's Ipswich, playing any team in the top six is always going to be difficult, they are there for a reason. We aren't in the top six, therefore the odds are against us at this point. Suggesting you can't see us winning isn't really insightful, it's just demonstrating your glass will always be half empty. It'll be a tough battle, but a derby game can be like a cup game in that players will either be fired up for it, or one side won't be. Who know what the result will be, but lets just hope these lads can go out there and come what may, give it their best shot. 

• Like 4

That's good. Wagner goes by the New Year but manages to keep us in touch for the renaissance with a new manager, new signings and the Sarge back.

We are top six. Believe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

That's good. Wagner goes by the New Year but manages to keep us in touch for the renaissance with a new manager, new signings and the Sarge back.

We are top six. Believe.

If he gets us in the top six by the new year I suspect he isn't going anywhere

13 minutes ago, chicken said:

Rubbish view. Any team can only beat what is put out before them. We know teams can often motivate themselves more easily against sides they feel are well above them in quality.

We played with a CM at CB and still won comfortably today. We are starting to see more of the side we perhaps expected to see play most of the season. Sargent and Hanley will be returning soon and we are seeing Sainz and Rowe start together.

And again, under Farke we struggled against other top six sides. The championship is a funny old beast and always has been. It's always been about consistency, and less about who you beat.

To echo Cambridge, if you look at the full table on the BBC website, you'll not that only two teams above us have better form over the last five games and they sit in 1st and 2nd place. Of the others, only one has form as good as us and they sit in 3rd. 5 games does not make a season.

But if I see any more of these really daft opinions about winning games and not being very convincing despite having had the vast majority of possession (56% today despite the opposition having 4 kick-offs, 3 for the conceded goals and one for the start of a half). We are also getting more shots on target, even the last game which was a draw and people said we were struggling to create opportunities, we created enough to have won by 3 or 4 with better finishing. Preston hit the bar and that was it.

And again, it doesn't matter that it's Ipswich, playing any team in the top six is always going to be difficult, they are there for a reason. We aren't in the top six, therefore the odds are against us at this point. Suggesting you can't see us winning isn't really insightful, it's just demonstrating your glass will always be half empty. It'll be a tough battle, but a derby game can be like a cup game in that players will either be fired up for it, or one side won't be. Who know what the result will be, but lets just hope these lads can go out there and come what may, give it their best shot. 

You’ve allowed the last six games to blur much of what has come before. Rather than my glass being half empty I have a longer memory. Wagner has mitigation in form of injuries and a lack of decent squad depth. But he is also to blame for many of our losses through poor tactical decision making. I still don’t believe he’s the man to take this club forward. But I really do hope he proves me wrong. Especially this Saturday. 

Edited by S_81

I think the likeliest answer is that we've had a run of 6 relatively easy games, and I'm not sure we've looked all that convincing in any of the games. Tonight probably most so but they're also 23rd in the league. 

It's good to get results and it's bought Knapper more time but I still don't see any sign Wagner is the answer long term.

• Like 1

Just now, repman said:

I think the likeliest answer is that we've had a run of 6 relatively easy games, and I'm not sure we've looked all that convincing in any of the games. Tonight probably most so but they're also 23rd in the league. 

It's good to get results and it's bought Knapper more time but I still don't see any sign Wagner is the answer long term.

I totally agree. People on here who have either bigged him up so much they won’t back down now, or who are just blind to the obvious, are putting a lot of weight on a good run of results against largely poor sides - and most of those performances were underwhelming. I think they’re once again setting themselves up for a fall when Wagner goes on yet another losing run. 

I'm actually going to put a good word in for Wagner here.

I didnt see how he could possibly survive after 'that' Blackburn game and could never have envisaged 4 wins and a draw from the 6 games that followed

Ok some of the performances along the way have been a bit stodgy but credit where its due , he's recovered will since that Blackburn debacle

Now we've FINALLY got Sainz into the side and with more options returning over the next 2/3 weeks with the likes of Sargent and Hwang up front and Hanley anf Gibson in defence  there is thr opportunity to improve and compete for a top 6 place

• Like 2

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm actually going to put a good word in for Wagner here.

I didnt see how he could possibly survive after 'that' Blackburn game and could never have envisaged 4 wins and a draw from the 6 games that followed

Ok some of the performances along the way have been a bit stodgy but credit where its due , he's recovered will since that Blackburn debacle

Now we've FINALLY got Sainz into the side and with more options returning over the next 2/3 weeks with the likes of Sargent and Hwang up front and Hanley anf Gibson in defence  there is thr opportunity to improve and compete for a top 6 place

Oh man, you’re in for some disappointment if you think Wagner can compete for the top six. He just can’t. He’s not up to it 

7 minutes ago, repman said:

I'd say the last 6 games were a fair cross section of the standard of many sides in this league.  From about 6th down to 17th there really isnt a lot between most clubs in this league.

Decent sides such as Leicester and Leeds (who we shouldnt have lost to ,after going 2-0 up) are the exceptions in this league not the norm

9 minutes ago, repman said:

It may have bought Knapper some time, but Smith and Jones, none what so ever. They think 80% are with them because they live in a bubble. Whereas it's probably 80% are against or indifferent and they have 20% who support them.

Just look at the empty seats. We're getting to Robert Chase levels with these owners.

• Like 3

Wagner has done well recently but i just do not trust him 

sort of Manager who will win 10 knapper thinks lets keep him give a contract and not win for 11 games ,

i know he has had injuries but he didn't play to available players strengths or pull a system out of the bag that counteracted the loss of players 

to many players performing below their best for most of the season for me 

But a big well done for Recent results just not long term  

It's always been about getting players back from injury, it's not a coincidence. 

Ipswich wouldn't be where they are if they had 3-4 key players out.  And we're still missing one of our most important players, things are still yet to improve from an already good run of results.

Posted this in another thread just now:

image.png.3d78fec77aec0936c9b6a2f659a5f292.png

Bare in mind that Leicester and Ipswich have broken records in regards to their performances this season, and we're currently right there with them.   Could've walked away with 4-5 goals tonight.

Edited by Google Bot

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's always been about getting players back from injury, it's not a coincidence. 

Ipswich wouldn't be where they are if they had 3-4 key players out.  And we're still missing one of our most important players, things are still yet to improve from an already good run of results.

Posted this in another thread just now:

image.png.3d78fec77aec0936c9b6a2f659a5f292.png

Bear in mind that Leicester and Ipswich have broken records in regards to their performances this season, and we're currently right there with them.   Could've walked away with 4-5 goals tonight.

Played largely poor sides and bar tonight haven’t looked convincing in any. And capitulated at Watford. You weren’t brandishing your table about for the previous six games. Bet you won’t be for the next six either. 

Edited by S_81
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You weren’t brandishing your table about for the previous six games. Bet you won’t be for the next six either. 

Oh look out, it's party boy come to cheer up the room.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Calm down Delia. 

Where are you!? Oh, you're in your armchair In the Midlands... Arthur 

11 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

Where are you!? Oh, you're in your armchair In the Midlands... Arthur 

Is this your second account on here Nutty? Now your heroes are falling out of favour you thought you’d bring in more gullible troops? 

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'd say the last 6 games were a fair cross section of the standard of many sides in this league.  From about 6th down to 17th there really isnt a lot between most clubs in this league.

Decent sides such as Leicester and Leeds (who we shouldnt have lost to ,after going 2-0 up) are the exceptions in this league not the norm

It should have been 5-2 to Leeds in the first half 

Obvious  what was going to happen in second half

Coventry were unlucky not to get a draw against the Binners recently, missing a penalty, so they're not invincible but they do manage to keep going when the match isn't going to plan.
On two occasions we've thrown away a two-goal lead, so I wouldn't be surprised at a 3-2 loss for us.

Terrific run  against league bottom dwellers.  Have we beaten one of top half teams other than opening 6?   Bigger challenges to come if can compete against the better teams might give credit.