Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

Substitutions

24 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

All like for like again today! Has Wagner ever done anything different with his substitutions? 

First set of subs wasn’t like for like. He played Gibbs in between the lines . Rowe too but in the right channel. Barnes got lost today . Gibbs didn’t come on as a 10 imo. Wagner was trying to play through the low block. We played much more narrow. 
Nearly worked with pass from Sara . 
Agree second set of subs were like for like and showed how poor the squad is. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

Can we finally put to bed the myth that Liam Gibbs is a striker

I think we all did that ages ago. The only issue is that Wagner hasn't.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Barnes was sh1t. Legs have gone. Not sure where Rowe was supposed to be playing mind you.

Rowe has probably realised that if you just run around aimlessly when you're on the pitch, and not focused on end product, then you're more likely to get picked and play 90 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

All like for like again today! Has Wagner ever done anything different with his substitutions? 

Is it a German thing, total adherence to a system? Farke was the same, substitutions were only ever like for like he never mixed up the style in order to disrupt the opposition.

I remember Worthy would regularly finish the game with 4 or 5 strikers on the pitch at the end if we were losing, Lambert and Neil would also happily pack the midfield or add a forward if it wasn’t working. Farke and Wagner both seem determined to stick to Plan A and hope a fresh set of legs will make it work better.

Edited by Fen Canary

Subs weren't like for like but beyond Rowe there's not much attacking talent on the bench. That bit isn't Wagners fault.

It's a threadbare squad in terms of quality, but when you start with Idah and the useless Barnes and no back up striker on the bench then you have little to play with.

Then you have Sara and Nunez playing so deep they practically need a ticket to get in; then you have no attacking threat whatsoever. Fcuking useless. duh duh duh duh.

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Decides them pre match, I've never been more convinced of this. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Barnes was sh1t. Legs have gone. Not sure where Rowe was supposed to be playing mind you.

Now who was it who gave him a two year contract again?? Now let me think............................

I honestly think Webber deliberately stuffed us with some absurd and expensive signings (contract wise) and at 'little old Norwich'. there was absolutely no-one to hold him to account. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Decides them pre match, I've never been more convinced of this. 

Well they're the same every game so I think he decided them in September. You just know he'll swap the fullbacks, both wingers and a striker, who today was Gibbs and misses the best chance of the game. As useless as Barnes was you'd expect him to slot that away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rock bus said:

Subs were poor but you can’t say Gibbs for Barnes or Rowe for Fassnacht are like for like at all. 

Like for like they were all ****e! 

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

First set of subs wasn’t like for like. He played Gibbs in between the lines . Rowe too but in the right channel. Barnes got lost today . Gibbs didn’t come on as a 10 imo. Wagner was trying to play through the low block. We played much more narrow. 
Nearly worked with pass from Sara . 
Agree second set of subs were like for like and showed how poor the squad is. 

This is 100% true.

If we'd have started Rowe there would have been no one on the bench that could improve the starting eleven even when tired.

Probably should have started Barnes up top because he was no good whatever position he was playing. What worked with Sarge doesn't work with Idah. But I guess that wouldn't be fair on Idah who deserved a start. But the problem is, once again, we have two strikers injured.

2 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Is it a German thing, total adherence to a system? Farke was the same, substitutions were only ever like for like he never mixed up the style in order to disrupt the opposition.

I remember Worthy would regularly finish the game with 4 or 5 strikers on the pitch at the end if we were losing, Lambert and Neil would also happily pack the midfield or add a forward if it wasn’t working. Farke and Wagner both seem determined to stick to Plan A and hope a fresh set of legs will make it work better.

Farke went for the win against us with more attackers on and a midfielder at left back 

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Rowe was in the middle despite all his goals coming from the wing. Sara was in the defence despite all his good goals and asists coming from when he was played further forward.

Liam Gibbs was.. A winger? A striker?

I give up

29 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Farke went for the win against us with more attackers on and a midfielder at left back 

We do that when we have the players on the bench. The first subs weren't like for like. The later ones were. But if you don't have a fit striker on the bench you can't bring one on. 

Edited by nutty nigel

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

We do that when we have the players on the bench. The first subs weren't like for like. The later ones were. But if you don't have a fit striker on the bench you can't bring one on. 

i was replying to the poster who said Farke does like for like  subs,

he might of used to but he is not that manager now 

In Wagner’s defence, and I can assure everyone that I won’t do that very often Giannoulis came off with an injury-think it was his thigh as a result of Evans’ yellow card challenge on him.