KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Preston****

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I bet it’s buzzing in the Lion and Castle right now. 

The only buzzing would be from the electrics if the roof has sprung a leak.

Either that or Delia's randy rabbit has gone haywire in her handbag.

OTBC

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Errrr....take a look at that defence splitting pass. Best pass of the game.

Embarrassing. Just embarrassing. 

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wagner really has gone and turned us into a bang average midtabe side hasnt he?

I’m no Wagner lover at all, but I think Webber turned us into that with his over age signings!

First time at the Carra this season for me.

Thought Nunez and Kenny played well. Sara in parts. General theme, we recycled the ball well but the final third was static. Barnes, Fass and Hernandez didn’t work… although how Hernandez stayed on longer than the other two is beyond me. Really poor. I’d have left Barnes on with Rowe and Gibbs. 

As for Gibbs and Rowe, offered no more. Gibbs looks lost that far forward, and doesn’t find the spaces. His miss topped off a frustrating game. Rowe did nothing. 

Preston offered nothing.. but always felt they could nick it from a set piece or break, such is our fragility. And twice they nearly did. 

Idah worked hard, and came alive on a couple of occasions. But generally, he struggles to make things happen. He’s not a talisman. Stacy struggled too. 

To summarise, we huffed and puffed, but never looked like scoring. Gibbs next to Nunez and Sara further forward has to be tried. And Hernandez needs to be dropped.

• Like 1

I thought Nunez did quite well and the partnership of him and Sara in midfield with McLean in defence worked well. The problems were up front in my opinion. Rowe did nothing at all when he came on. Stacey was very poor. Hernandez, apart from the pass to Idah, was wasteful. Idah looked lost. Barnes is looking like he is 34 years old.

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

Fair play to Delia if she popped that in enduring that bore fest. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

That isn’t the reality though. Hernandez, Gibbs and Duffy all missed sitters 

At least they hit the bar but the corner flag was the closest we came to hitting any woodwork

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

No, it is very busy. Clearly not everyone is a miserablist who only comes out when we win.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I bet it’s buzzing in the Lion and Castle right now. 

Delia in there chatting to supporters, I'm sure 😂 

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Delia's randy rabbit

Good to see you again DDJ in these troubling times - however the pedant I am must step in here… it’s a Rampant Rabbit. Either way, it’s not an image I’d like to conjure up! :  D

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Errrr....take a look at that defence splitting pass. Best pass of the game.

Only you could defend the indefensible. NCFC were very very poor and totally incapable of breaking down a  very very defensive side who came for a point.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

First time at the Carra this season for me.

Thought Nunez and Kenny played well. Sara in parts. General theme, we recycled the ball well but the final third was static. Barnes, Fass and Hernandez didn’t work… although how Hernandez stayed on longer than the other two is beyond me. Really poor. I’d have left Barnes on with Rowe and Gibbs. 

As for Gibbs and Rowe, offered no more. Gibbs looks lost that far forward, and doesn’t find the spaces. His miss topped off a frustrating game. Rowe did nothing. 

Preston offered nothing.. but always felt they could nick it from a set piece or break, such is our fragility. And twice they nearly did. 

Idah worked hard, and came alive on a couple of occasions. But generally, he struggles to make things happen. He’s not a talisman. Stacy struggled too. 

To summarise, we huffed and puffed, but never looked like scoring. Gibbs next to Nunez and Sara further forward has to be tried. And Hernandez needs to be dropped.

That’s not totally unfair, which is a bit of a surprise.

We did look like scoring, though - quite how Gibbs missed/Duffy’s header was cleared without going in will bother me for a while.

They came for the 0-0 and got it, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up. 

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, it is very busy. Clearly not everyone is a miserablist who only comes out when we win.

Mummy Delia will be down to give you all bitty soon

”Mmmmm… Delia Bitty…”

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Mummy Delia will be down to give you all bitty soon

”Mmmmm… Delia Bitty…”

You are nowhere near as funny/clever as you think.

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Good to see you again DDJ in these troubling times - however the pedant I am must step in here… it’s a Rampant Rabbit. Either way, it’s not an image I’d like to conjure up! :  D

I’ve already done it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s not totally unfair, which is a bit of a surprise.

We did look like scoring, though - quite how Gibbs missed/Duffy’s header was cleared without going in will bother me for a while.

They came for the 0-0 and got it, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up. 

First half we didn’t look scoring at all. Second half, we forced some openings, but our general play didn’t look anywhere creative enough.

We’ve all seen teams come and really take the mick and play for a draw, this Preston Team weren’t it. If you are kidding yourself saying they came to sit on the ball and get a draw you need to have a look at yourself, because you are wrong.

They were a crap team that should have been there for the taking realistically, if we weren’t so absolutely horrendous.

I just wish people would consider stop coping with what they are seeing and really open their eyes. This is one of the worst assembled Norwich teams ever.

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

Hello Danke! Good to see you too. Sorry about the rampant/randy mix up. Showing my lack of experience in carnal matters there. 

Yes, it is a disturbing image, but if I had the choice between watching Delia pleasuring herself as I downed a pint at the (apparently heaving) Lion and Castle, and watching us huff and puff against Preston....I'd definitely prefer to watch us huff and puff against Preston. Even I have my limits.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Ignorance really is bliss, isn't it. At this point, I'm afflicted by actually understanding football. If only I knew nothing about the game, I might be able to appreciate a turd like you can.

I think it may be more of a case that you've got so caught up in minutiae that you can't see the forest for the trees in the way.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think it may be more of a case that you've got so caught up in minutiae that you can't see the forest for the trees in the way.

Our players looked like f@&£ing trees today

43 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

One of the worst games of football I think I’ve ever seen

if you defend that, you are part of the problem and need to take a hike just like Delia

absolute joke of a team, joke of a manager.

Listened to Canary Call on the drive home for the first time in ages, I hope you didn't or you'd have had kittens, there were callers saying we played well 😳😳

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You're either getting **** poor dodgy streams south of the channel or you're ****ing stupid.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Blimey, you sound like a laugh a minute kinda guy. Bring out the Branston? I think I'll leave it in the locked cupboard. 😉

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

18 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

At least they hit the bar but the corner flag was the closest we came to hitting any woodwork

You don’t get a goal for hitting the woodwork

Hernandez has tapped it straight at the keeper in the first half

Gibbs fires wide when he has to score

Duffys header is somehow cleared off the line by their defender 

Dimi also has a great chance he fails to control 

We didn’t lack chances, We just didn’t take them 

Edited by Virtual reality

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Listened to Canary Call on the drive home for the first time in ages, I hope you didn't or you'd have had kittens, there were callers saying we played well 😳😳

It’s just all so predictable. Imagine defending that, imagine saying “We got a clean sheet whatya moooonin aboot Buh!”

embarrased by a big section of our fanbase, frankly. 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You're either getting **** poor dodgy streams south of the channel or you're ****ing stupid.

I don't think there's anything stupid in respecting that the effort was there on the part of our players and the opposition did well to frustrate us. Not doing so strikes me as a rather entitled outlook.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie