KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Preston****

The role that Barnes & Gibbs are being asked to play just doesn't work. Barnes amassed a total of 7 touches in 55 minutes today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

embarrased by a big section of our fanbase, frankly. 

About 80% of them? 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Blimey, you sound like a laugh a minute kinda guy. Bring out the Branston? I think I'll leave it in the locked cupboard. 😉

OTBC

Eh? That makes no sense.  I’m here with some mates having a drink and watching Villa v Arsenal.  We don’t go and hide just because we didn’t win.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't think there's anything stupid in respecting that the effort was there on the part of our players and the opposition did well to frustrate us.

It’s posts like this that remind me that 80% of the fanbase is senile

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

We’ve all seen teams come and really take the mick and play for a draw, this Preston Team weren’t it. If you are kidding yourself saying they came to sit on the ball and get a draw you need to have a look at yourself, because you are wrong.

They were a crap team that should have been there for the taking realistically, if we weren’t so absolutely horrendous.

I just wish people would consider stop coping with what they are seeing and really open their eyes. This is one of the worst assembled Norwich teams ever.

Same as the previous three teams. All poor. All of which we largely fluked a result against. 

3 wins and a draw from the last 4 is of course great on paper. And likely kept Wagner employed. Albeit I suspect he could have lost those 4 and still be here. 

People always accuse the likes of you and I of pessimism. Compared to some on here I can see why. But I’m totally grounded in the reality that Wagner is not capable of mounting a promotion charge. As indeed many managers wouldn’t be with this squad. 

But I still believe that some managers would get this lot into the play offs. There’s equally average sides doing better than us. 

I wish he was he was gone by January in order to have that chance. Maybe next season hey. 

12 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Hello Danke! Good to see you too. Sorry about the rampant/randy mix up. Showing my lack of experience in carnal matters there. 

Yes, it is a disturbing image, but if I had the choice between watching Delia pleasuring herself as I downed a pint at the (apparently heaving) Lion and Castle, and watching us huff and puff against Preston against....I'd definitely prefer to watch us huff and puff against Preston against. Even I have my limits.

OTBC

After three pints you’d be cheering Delia on with the rest of us. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s just all so predictable. Imagine defending that, imagine saying “We got a clean sheet whatya moooonin aboot Buh!”

embarrased by a big section of our fanbase, frankly. 

So am I, as it appears to include yourself.  Though that said, I’ve never actually seen evidence of ‘support’ in any of your posts.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't think there's anything stupid in respecting that the effort was there on the part of our players and the opposition did well to frustrate us.

A team who has lost three on the bounce, remunerated with less than half what we pay our players and comes to Carrow Road and actually comes closest to scoring.

Yes, nothing stupid about thinking how wonderful that was today.

• Like 2

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

So am I, as it appears to include yourself.

You are a massive part of the problem my man. By defending that today, you’ve lost it. Absolutely lost it. Frankly, if you are happy to just let the club slide and not call up our massive gaping problems then you just don’t really care about the club.

You said it yourself, arsing about in the Castle fake pub watching Arsenal. Norwich doesn’t really matter to you. 

It’s a day out to you.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You are a massive part of the problem my man. By defending that today, you’ve lost it. Absolutely lost it. Frankly, if you are happy to just let the club slide and not call up our massive gaping problems then you just don’t really care about the club.

You said it yourself, arsing about in the Castle fake pub watching Arsenal. Norwich doesn’t really matter to you. 

It’s a day out to you.

Absolutely deranged.

I’m just waiting for my train back - if lucky I’ll be in around 11.  I’ve supported the club and held a season ticket for over 40’years, so you can just forget that sort of twatty comment.

Absolutely deranged.  

I just hope you and the lads in the fake pub are having a great day out. It’s just a big old day out.

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

A team who has lost three on the bounce, remunerated with less than half what we pay our players and comes to Carrow Road and actually comes closest to scoring.

Yes, nothing stupid about thinking how wonderful that was today.

We came very close to scoring but for a fortuitous block off the line and while they parked the bus and didn't let the concentration dip. We're three wins and a draw in the last five; two points a game, which is no bad shakes and a marked upturn.

Like I said: Entitled.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Absolutely deranged.  

If you’re out with your mates watch the Villa match and talk to them. You’re not selling the Lion and Castle to me if arguing on here beats fun there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Our players looked like f@&£ing trees today

F@&£ing trees?!!

The grind of bark on bark...the ecstatic rustling of leaves... the hot splash of fresh sap.

Only a half (non-alcoholic) at the Lion and Castle could beat that!

OTBC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

With Arsenal on in the background.

• Haha 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

F@&£ing trees?!!

The grind of bark on bark...the ecstatic rustling of leaves... the hot splash of fresh sap.

OTBC

The conker tree in my local park has more end product than Hernandez

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If you’re out with your mates watch the Villa match and talk to them. You’re not selling the Lion and Castle to me if arguing on here beats fun there. 

800px_COLOURBOX31588209.jpg

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I just hope you and the lads in the fake pub are having a great day out. It’s just a big old day out.

As opposed to you going home (if you were even here, which I doubt) crying.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Come now. Youve posted on this board enough to know not to throw mud at our resident mud slinger. It’s an aimless endeavour so don’t get wound up. 

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Come now. Youve posted on this board enough to know not to throw mud at our resident mud slinger. It’s an aimless endeavour so don’t get wound up. 

I’m certainly not wound up - I do find it intriguing and rather funny how weird some of our ‘supporters’ are.

I’m certainly not wound up - I do find it intriguing and rather funny how weird some of our ‘supporters’ are.

It’s an internet forum so I guess it comes with the turf. Actually think Pink Un is one of the more intellectual ones. Though I tend to have little breaks from it now and then. Keeps me sane. :  D

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

If you call actually caring about the football club, rather than pretending to care and watching Arsenal with an £8 orange juice in a fake pub, then it just proves my point that this is just a day out to you.

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You should go to away games...

27 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If you call actually caring about the football club, rather than pretending to care and watching Arsenal with an £8 orange juice in a fake pub, then it just proves my point that this is just a day out to you.

I was merely just waiting for my train back - I’d never been in before but it was fine.  If I’m lucky I’ll be in around 11.  I’ve supported the club and/or held a season ticket for over 40’years (season ticket for around 25 of those), so you can just forget that sort of ****ty comment. 

1 hour ago, GRB2 said:

The role that Barnes & Gibbs are being asked to play just doesn't work. Barnes amassed a total of 7 touches in 55 minutes today. 

It’s a complete waste. Gibbs shoukd pksy deeper. The 4-4-2 or whatever it is does not work 

Can't be bothered to read previous posts as frankly I don't care, but that was 90 mins of my life I won't get back. Fcuking awful game; two **** poor teams in a **** poor league. Wagner's set up is utter garbage, cannot wait for us to ged rid.

• Like 2