Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

News from the bin

Working away in Ipswich today, have been quite surprised at the lack of confidence going into next week. Generally consensus is it would be "Ipswichy" (to paraphrase a Spurs term) for them to be beating pretty much everyone then lose to us.

I want them over-confident.

I want them  begging for a 5-0 win.

Then after that, I want us to sh*thouse a 0-0 draw. I'd also take an Onel last minute winner...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Then after that, I want us to sh*thouse a 0-0 draw. I'd also take an Onel last minute winner...

Yeah I've been really disappointed with the response to be honest,  it'll almost make it pointless next time I'm back if we do beat them.....almost pointless anyway 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did you get your jabs before you visited? Were you able to find somewhere with working electricity?

Damm forgot the jabs, did bring a packed lunch though not fond of the local cuisine.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

They are over-confident.

I want them expecting a 5-0 win.

😉

• Haha 1

I'm not watching it. I'm not following it. I'm pretending it isn't happening and ignoring it completely. I'll check the score in the evening and then either pretend it hasn't happened or will be dancing on the ceiling.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm not watching it. I'm not following it. I'm pretending it isn't happening and ignoring it completely. I'll check the score in the evening and then either pretend it hasn't happened or will be dancing on the ceiling.

It's a 12:30 kickoff so I'd check a bit earlier.

Regardless of the score it should be a very lively time on here!

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did you get your jabs before you visited? Were you able to find somewhere with working electricity?

The irony of someone from Cambridgeshire posting this hahaha 

have they got running water there yet CC? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's a 12:30 kickoff so I'd check a bit earlier.

Regardless of the score it should be a very lively time on here!

Nope, I want to enjoy my day, I won't check till near bedtime!

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Nope, I want to enjoy my day, I won't check till near bedtime!

But you'll miss a whole day of gloating 😉

7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Cambridgeshire? As in, county of Cambridge? The cradle of IVF, the webcam, computer games and the thermos flask?

Not entirely sure where you found the irony to be honest.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You won't be able to resist, you'll be like the people that slow down to look at car crashes on the other side of the motorway 

19 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Cambridgeshire? As in, county of Cambridge? The cradle of IVF, the webcam, computer games and the thermos flask?

Not entirely sure where you found the irony to be honest.

Never been to Peterborough or Wisbech then? 

33 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I'll let you know the water truck comes once a month to refill all our wells

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Never been to Peterborough or Wisbech then? 

I mean if you think Ipswich is grim.. Try taking a trip to Wisbech. Think you'll never find a place that can be summed up perfectly as being in the **** end of nowhere

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean if you think Ipswich is grim.. Try taking a trip to Wisbech. Think you'll never find a place that can be summed up perfectly as being in the **** end of nowhere

Wisbechistan u mean 😂 

• Haha 1

If you take the fact that it's a local derby out of the equation and look at it objectively I think it's fair to say that we're likely to lose this one. 

We can't defend and they find it easy to score goals, we tend to rely on outscoring the opposition but they score more than us. We're away and we're generally poorer away and they're better at home. We're missing our key striker and (whether people like it or not) our first choice CB pairing in Hanley and Gibson and they're pretty much injury free. The game is going to be quite emotionally charged and that favors a team that keeps things simple, know their jobs and each others games well. We're try to over complicate things and our side changes weekly and theres not been a whole lot of cohesion built up between players so simply working hard and being up for the game won't be enough. 

I don't want to be too pessimistic and we always have a chance but I'd say the odds are well in their favour. The only hope I have is that we ran Leicester and Southampton pretty close and if we can play at our best and every player is on their game we have a chance with a bit of luck. Gunn will have to make some good saves,  the CB's can't make a mistake, Kenny will have to have one of his sporadic colossal games, Sara hopefully reverts back to his early season form, Rowe needs to be up for it, Barnes needs to thrive in the occasion  and whoever's up top needs to take their chances and if all that falls into place we've got a real chance. The trouble is we've rarely had a game where we haven't had 2 or 3 players play poorly which brings the whole structure crashing down, a lot rests on Wagner to get them in the right mindset and then if we're doing okay into the second half he needs to not mess things up with poor substitutions. 

We need a lot to fall into place for us and I'd snap someones hand off for a draw. Not because I'm defeatist or think Ipswich are the best team ever but because we've got real problems with consistency, mentality and our fundamental tactical approach and because of that a draw away against any top 6 side isn't a bad result right now. Plus I'd love to stretch the unbeaten run, if you offered me another last minute equalizer right now similar to Klose's in 2018 I'd be over the moon eventhough I'd love to beat them again. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'd take a Liam Gibbs winner! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's a weird one because it's an attractive place on the face of it. The North Brink is lovely, and I always loved the Rose Tavern.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Haha fair play Cambridge 

• Haha 1

I once wrote to GB Railways (the company that owned Anglia Railways) asking them to change the signs in the  bogs of the Norwich to London trains from "Do not flush in stations" to "Do not flush in stations, except Ipswich", for some reason they did not take up my suggestion..........

12 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

This will be my strategy also. Check late enough in the day so it doesn’t ruin your Sunday!

2 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

This will be my strategy also. Check late enough in the day so it doesn’t ruin your Sunday!

We play Saturday lunchtime! Just get stuck in and get it done. 

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We play Saturday lunchtime! Just get stuck in and get it done. 

I haven’t got the balls for it, I can’t see anything other than an embarrassing heavy defeat. Everything off til Sunday afternoon for me