Pugin

Hounding Delia is unspeakably classless

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Whilst it would have been much easier and the better decision for Delia not to make those comments, you have to question the sensitivity of some posters on here who have recently referred to her as "an old cow" and a "hag" yet can't handle being called a bit of a whinger..

You also have to question why you leap to the defence of these people to the degree that you do every time. Vested interest perhaps 

YOU NAUGHTY  fans -its all your fault the team been playing so badly- you all should happy clapped everything and wave your scarfs - buying Delia cookbooks , sending Wagner chocolates so he does not feel so sad  just in case we let in 10 goals against Ipswich and wish Ipswich all the best thats delia dream - so calm you horrible whingeing fans LOL

3 hours ago, Pugin said:

No Norwich City fan throughout its existence will ever do anything more classless than hounding Delia in word and deed. 

It's deplorable and crass. She deserves to be allowed to  make her own exit in her own time which, in her 83rd year, she knows is upon her. It's not like leaving a building, she's stepping away in a process that needs to be right and meticulous, and cannot be rushed. Show some respect and decency.

It would be hounding her if those with criticisms of her were unduly going out of their way to let her know - email, in person etc. 

Whilst some of the comments go further than what I’d say about her - you’re as bad as she is if you think discussion on a fans’ forum is hounding her. 

31 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You also have to question why you leap to the defence of these people to the degree that you do every time. Vested interest perhaps 

Employee 😉

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Employee 😉

I think so. It’s too obvious. Even a fan who was fond of the likes of Webber or Delia, or far too proud to acknowledge his support/opinions have proved to be wrong at times, would not leap on as many comments as he does in the way he does it. It’s a really conscious pattern of trying to shut down criticism. Goes beyond just occasional disagreement. 

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

But they didn't 'straight bat' it did they! Smith was bristling with anger whilst CS was still asking the question! They both openly ridiculed him and replied with utter contempt. A short while later in the interview it was noticeable how MA attempted to repair the damage by giving his own views on 'governance' and a 'CEO'. If The Smiths had answered the question with the same skill and style as him they would not have landed themselves in this latest mess. 

Yeah fair enough, wrong choice of words. Can't argue with anything you've posted there.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

She called them moaners, if you think it's important to be that pedantic about it.

And to be pedantic even further, she said those fans questioning the governance do not know the amount of inside workings within the football club. Certainly not the answer I'd have gone with as it doesn't help but equally I doubt she's that wrong.

Again, her comments aren't ideal but anyone calling her and old cow / hag or anything similar need to take a long look at themselves.

I have no doubt they are all working extremely hard but that’s not enough, the work needs to be productive and effective, otherwise they are just ‘busy fools’.    

Accepting everyone is working hard, they’re obviously busy fools.   

I’ve never doubted them until now.  That was a shocking evening in my view, out of touch, out of ideas, for the good of the club, they need to step down, we need direction.    Not convinced by Attanasio either.   Worrying times.

14 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I have no doubt they are all working extremely hard but that’s not enough, the work needs to be productive and effective, otherwise they are just ‘busy fools’.    

Accepting everyone is working hard, they’re obviously busy fools.   

I’ve never doubted them until now.  That was a shocking evening in my view, out of touch, out of ideas, for the good of the club, they need to step down, we need direction.    Not convinced by Attanasio either.   Worrying times.

Wow, you’ve given Attanasio a fair crack! 

She talked wonderfully about Portsmouth - perhaps she should go there and do her self funding

Edited by baldy09

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wow, you’ve given Attanasio a fair crack! 

I hope he’s good for us but he doesn’t know football and analytics are less effective in this sport than baseball.   They have a use but need staff who can interpret them and use them to good effect….   Also, they (may) detract from actual physical scouting which I think must be the main focus.   Not saying he won’t be good for us and time will tell but if he can’t see that massive change in direction is required right now, not in 3 years, again that’s a concern.  IMO.  

Anyone hounding Delia , or anyone else , would be classless . 

Anyone questioning the comments she made during the recent interview would be perfectly reasonable. 

Not difficult. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I hope he’s good for us but he doesn’t know football and analytics are less effective in this sport than baseball.   They have a use but need staff who can interpret them and use them to good effect….   Also, they (may) detract from actual physical scouting which I think must be the main focus.   Not saying he won’t be good for us and time will tell but if he can’t see that massive change in direction is required right now, not in 3 years, again that’s a concern.  IMO.  

That’s the analytics that Brentford (and Brighton, I think?) have so successfully used?

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Anyone hounding Delia , or anyone else , would be classless . 

Anyone questioning the comments she made during the recent interview would be perfectly reasonable. 

Not difficult. 

Questioning reasonably is fine. Many have no idea where the boundary lies, though. 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s the analytics that Brentford (and Brighton, I think?) have so successfully used?

Do they also have Soccerbot?.....

5 hours ago, Pugin said:

No Norwich City fan throughout its existence will ever do anything more classless than hounding Delia in word and deed. 

It's deplorable and crass. She deserves to be allowed to  make her own exit in her own time which, in her 83rd year, she knows is upon her. It's not like leaving a building, she's stepping away in a process that needs to be right and meticulous, and cannot be rushed. Show some respect and decency.

You mean like she showed respect and decency to the fans? She is the one causing it with her crass remarks ffs!

5 hours ago, Pugin said:

I agree with this. Although I think it doesn't exempt her from criticism which her very recent comments rightly have earnt her. 

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Whilst it would have been much easier and the better decision for Delia not to make those comments, you have to question the sensitivity of some posters on here who have recently referred to her as "an old cow" and a "hag" yet can't handle being called a bit of a whinger..

Way to miss the point (deliberately) 👏 

19 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Questioning reasonably is fine. Many have no idea where the boundary lies, though. 

Ok. I’m not interested in those people , but I’m not sure there are “many”. 
Before you ask I have no idea exactly how many. 

19 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’ve been dabbling very unsuccessfully.    Just because it’s worked for them doesn’t mean it’ll work for us.   Like I said, it needs competence to interpret the data and to implement it.    No evidence we have that sadly.

Those clubs are also working with completely different budgets.

30 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

By the way, at least I put forward points and arguments to explain my opinion, most don’t and often can’t.

4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Sorry...but age is irrelevent

She and her husband must be judged on their performances as club owners

If theyre too old or cant take the criticism in the posts that they hold, its time for them to stand down

If everyone waits for them to act at their own pace, we'll be in league one

How do you suggest they stand down? Who will buy their shares? It's not that simple

22 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

There isn’t, it’s a completely unfounded statement.

I You’ve seen ‘X’, formerly Twitter?  It’s completely ‘founded’. 

As to ‘many’, how many do you want/is ok? Just one is more than it should be.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Employee 😉

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

I think so. It’s too obvious. Even a fan who was fond of the likes of Webber or Delia, or far too proud to acknowledge his support/opinions have proved to be wrong at times, would not leap on as many comments as he does in the way he does it. It’s a really conscious pattern of trying to shut down criticism. Goes beyond just occasional disagreement. 

I dont work for the club 😅😅😅😅😅

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I You’ve seen ‘X’, formerly Twitter?  It’s completely ‘founded’. 

As to ‘many’, how many do you want/is ok? Just one is more than it should be.

“One” isn’t “many” is it ? 

“One too many” however seems more than a little appropriate given the recent interview. 

• Like 1