Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

AGM Live

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

That seems a rather odd claim to make. I would have thought any season out of the PL we would be looking to get promoted. What next. Operation water the pitch at Carrow Road. Operation open the gates (at the above) on match days ?

Believe!! 

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ultimately his success will be decided over a much longer period but unlike McNally and Webber, he doesn't have the experience of making big decisions at football clubs, in reality.

Sounds an excellent appointment 😟

• Thanks 1

What amazes me more than the general level of guff and marketing speak at the AGM’s , is the surprise it causes. I stopped going years ago because sitting a room with a load of rehearsed and filtered questions is pointless. What on earth do people expect Delia , Knapper or Richens to say ? 
“tell ya what folks, I’m gonna level with ya. The whole things a shítshow”? 

Anyone counted how many times Zoe says “you know” ? I’m going for 17. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Operation Promotion is still on track, board and management united with fans

Said many times now.... promotion aims prevent development and puts pressure on managers to achieve the unattainable.    If this is true, then clearly the management are incompetent and clueless and we are heading for even worse times.     

The gap right now between us and the EPL must be 3-4 years if we had competent people in charge or half a billion cash.    If they can't see this needs a rebuild and patience, they need to walk away.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What amazes me more than the general level of guff and marketing speak at the AGM’s , is the surprise it causes. I stopped going years ago because sitting a room with a load of rehearsed and filtered questions is pointless. What on earth do people expect Delia , Knapper or Richens to say ? 
“tell ya what folks, I’m gonna level with ya. The whole things a shítshow”? 

Anyone counted how many times Zoe says “you know” ? I’m going for 17. 

She’s a fraud, paid sh1t loads of money for delivering not much. 

Interesting line fron Neil Adams regarding Omobamidele.....sounds as if they couldnt believe their luck that someone still came along with decrnt money snd decided to cut and run before he was found out , Cantwell style and his value plummeted

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

7 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Said many times now.... promotion aims prevent development and puts pressure on managers to achieve the unattainable.    If this is true, then clearly the management are incompetent and clueless and we are heading for even worse times.     

The gap right now between us and the EPL must be 3-4 years if we had competent people in charge or half a billion cash.    If they can't see this needs a rebuild and patience, they need to walk away.    

The problem is you need to have a hefty budget to get into the PL then spend a huge sum to hopefully stay there. If you are lucky you can stay in that cycle. If not, you join the numerous others making up the numbers in the Championship. They won't tell you that is the case, but a quick glance at the CH table will tell you all you need to know.

It's all down to injuries everyone. Ignore the formations, the starting 11's, the tactics, the fitness, the defending.. It's all down to injuries!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, RobJames said:

The problem is you need to have a hefty budget to get into the PL then spend a huge sum to hopefully stay there. If you are lucky you can stay in that cycle. If not, you join the numerous others making up the numbers in the Championship. They won't tell you that is the case, but a quick glance at the CH table will tell you all you need to know.

Or you build with a Magician in charge like Frank at Brentford

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

The OP needs to have "Wind Up" somewhere in their name, I think "Midlands Yellow Windup" would be best.......

Is that a compliment or insult? 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's all down to injuries everyone. Ignore the formations, the starting 11's, the tactics, the fitness, the defending.. It's all down to injuries!

Did Delia call herself Smith? Poor commentary.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Interesting line fron Neil Adams regarding Omobamidele.....sounds as if they couldnt believe their luck that someone still came along with decrnt money nd decided to cut and run before he was found out , Cantwell style and his value plummeted

Has Omo played for Forest yet ?

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Maybe a question should asked as to why there are so many injuries - it seems like most of the squad have been out injured at some point.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This is the difference between a David McNally and a 'yes man' amatuer like Knapper

McNally quickly identified that Gunn wasnt up to the job and acted decisively in replacing him with Lambert

This guy had the opportunity to make an early mark and has opted to fudge it

He is Delias puppet, he can’t sack him till she says so

7 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Has Omo played for Forest yet ?

Dont think so

When they were playing with 3 at the back he may have had a sniff...but they switched to a back 4 just after he joined and I'd say he's probably now 6th /7th choice centre half behind  Felipe Niakhate Worrall Boly Murillo McKenna

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fcukin hell she was on form tonight. 

2 minutes ago, city4eva said:

He is Delias puppet, he can’t sack him till she says so

Have a look at how a board of directors operates at any Limited Company

• Like 1

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Compliment, you are very good at it, you get quite a few bites, I wish I got as many when I go fishing.......

You’ve got to have a laugh playing on here haven’t you. Never take yourself too seriously and know when to ease off (I’ve never mastered that art though after a few wines) it’s still fun though and I’ll try not to get banned. 

She’s a big problem. Seems to be becoming more hands on again just at the time we don’t need her delusion and stubbornness constraining Knapper. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Dont think do

When they were playing with 3 at the back he may have had a sniff...but they switched to a back 4 just after he joined and I'd say he's probably now 6th /7th choice centre half behind  Felipe Niakhate Worrall Boly Murillo McKenna

I never rated him as highly as many did. Would get caught for pace too often and so relied upon shirt pulling. At the moment it sounds like we got the better of the deal.

Just now, Jim Smith said:

She’s a big problem. Seems to be becoming more hands on again just at the time we don’t need her delusion and stubbornness constraining Knapper. 

It really is like being at a full on heavy party and that last stupid guest just doesn’t know when it’s time to go home. 

• Haha 1

Seriously a question to those in the know, do we have a new board structure, is there a dedicated CEO  now in place to actually take charge and implement standards and accountability? 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

It really is like being at a full on heavy party and that last stupid guest just doesn’t know when it’s time to go home. 

She should have gone home the night she got pissed up, stormed the pitch and made it quite clear how much she hates the fanbase.

• Like 1

From what I have heard from a couple of sources in the room the smaller shareholders did a very very very poor job of holding the stowmarket 2 to account. Massively missed opportunity