cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Hornets V Canaries*

9 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Yes it is supposed to be competitive, there was not much competition on display in that game however and there in lies the complaint. Out played by every measurable metric. I can handle being beaten if we play well. We are not seeing that though are we. I’m not sure how long you’ve been a Norwich fan but if you’ve been around long enough you will know historically Norwich teams have always had a reputation as playing attractive passing football. 

I suppose we had been spoiled under Farke with how well we kept the ball and how well coached the side was. Seems like an eternity ago that he was sacked after an away win in the Prem. 

To be honest, I'm more p1ssed that I paid for the canaries.co.uk video service and barely any games are available.

Absolute con.

I didn't expect anything this season to be honest. I never thought we had a chance of the top two, and the Playoffs were a big ask while we tried to rebuild/consolidate. I thought that meant we'd blood the youngsters alongside some old stagers to give them a bit of belief and steel. I thought that was what Barnes and Duffy were for. Did we ever think we could miss Josh Sargent this much?

I assumed, somewhat naively, that we would actually play our biggest summer signing when he was fit, rather than stick with a player who was deemed not good enough for us in this league 3 seasons ago.

Even so, I simply cannot believe the incompetence on display by our manager and coaching staff. The inability to see what is happening in front of their eyes. The lack of understanding on how to set up a team and how to ask players to perform. The stubbornness of sticking to the same format and expecting something different to happen. The fact that Fassnacht, time and time and time again ball watches rather mark or press his man, and no one shouts at him. That doesn't happen on a Sunday morning!

David Wagner may well be a lovely bloke. A football manager he is not. He is completely out of his depth.

I'd much rather see Reyes in goal than Long if Gunn is still unfit. I'd rather see Fisher, Warner, Sainz and Gibbs starting. I'd rather get Tomkinson and Kamara back from their loans in January and get them in the squad. 

And finally.................sign a fn**ckign defensive midfielder!!!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

That is not fair, I have disagreed with Hoggy but he does not say all is going great...........

He’ll tow the party line all day long, if you have the audacity to question (in order) Webber, Kenny, Delia and now Gibson for some reason, you’re on his special naughty step. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

To be honest, I'm more p1ssed that I paid for the canaries.co.uk video service and barely any games are available.

Absolute con.

It could have been worse.

You could have bought a season ticket.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Agreed, so that is two teams worse than this one............

Can see where he's coming from though. Those two sides were dire!! 

Our current side has some half decent players.

Sara is a good top champs

Kenny is fine for a playoff push if you play someone behind him. 

Saint has something, Hwang getting up to speed.

Experienced heads in Duffy, batth, Barnes.

Idah must have something to have persevered this long.

There is a half decent spine there. Certai ly top half with any average (D Smith anyone?) Manager. 

Not world beaters but not relegation fodder.

Change has to happen sooner or later. Better before the S**m. Hope for a new manager bounce against them and a free hit for the new guy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’ll tow the party line all day long, if you have the audacity to question (in order) Webber, Kenny, Delia and now Gibson for some reason, you’re on his special naughty step. 

Nah, Hoggys tone has slightly changed now his mate Webber has gone 😉

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Absolute con.

Why are you paying when there’s a great free stream running? 

9 minutes ago, GRB2 said:

I think that is possibly the worst Hernandez performance I've seen. 

To be fair to him, Hernandez has always been a player (even when we were good) who needs good balls into his feet to isolate and stretch a full back, hence creating space for others when teams used to double up against him. Yes he was awful but name one single time in that game he was given the ball in that type of scenario with the ability to face up a full back.

the truth is our style of play is beyond sh*t. We have to change coaching team now and get back to playing passing football and try and get a couple of loans into help. This team and style is taking us nowhere, the atmosphere is toxic. Knapper needs to be brave, state our philosophy, get in a progressive manager and accept it will take a time to rebuild. 

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Absolute con.

vpn

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

That is not fair, I have disagreed with Hoggy but he does not say all is going great...........

He’s the latest of the late to realise Wagner is useless. He spent so much energy telling people on this board why they were wrong for questioning the wonderful Wagnerball. I’ll happily cook him a huge humble pie 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Nah, Hoggys tone has slightly changed now his mate Webber has gone 😉

Don’t fall for it, lovely lad though who I hope to meet soon enough. 

13 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I used to do that, but that seems to have stopped working for me the last few weeks.

Same here. Ironic really, paying the club to watch this dross and they've either banned us or its too $hite to work properly.

I knew someone would take that pic!  We were utterly dreadful for the last 70 mins - but Sky is pretty weird at putting up stats, is the game not 90 minutes long, and doesn’t start at 25mins in!

Edited by Branston Pickle

27 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I think a heavy defeat to Ipswich is always embarrassing. Albeit it’s been a long time since we had one. Unlike them. But the tables have turned - they’re effective and full of drive - we have a dreadful manager and a bunch of players who are flat at best right now. It’s going to be embarrassing. But you’re right - it’s more embarrassing that he’ll even be in the dugout with his record 

The key will be that defeat to them will mark the end of an era. A reasonable number  of their fans have never seen them beat us. It is the ultimate humiliation of it happens and a sign that all of our hard work in establishing dominance has been wasted. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

The key will be that defeat to them will mark the end of an era. A reasonable number  of their fans have never seen them beat us. It is the ultimate humiliation of it happens and a sign that all of our hard work in establishing dominance has been wasted. 

Sadly so. And I really do feel it will be a heavy enough defeat to define those tables turning. We have to pin all our hopes on Knapper finding a gem of a coach, and the pair of them working miracles to improve this squad. But that hope can’t even begin properly until Wagner is sacked. I think that heavy defeat at Ipswich is avoidable if we do that immediately. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Did you really think they'd never beat us again Jimbo? 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Sadly so. And I really do feel it will be a heavy enough defeat to define those tables turning. We have to pin all our hopes on Knapper finding a gem of a coach, and the pair of them working miracles to improve this squad. But that hope can’t even begin properly until Wagner is sacked. I think that heavy defeat at Ipswich is avoidable if we do that immediately. 

Ipswich aren’t as good as is assumed. Go there mid “bounce” and we can do them. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Did you really think they'd never beat us again Jimbo? 

No I didn’t. But it’s about how it comes about isn’t it.

I take heart from the fact that if the boot was on the other foot and we were flying high we’d probably lose! As per the early 90s when they doubled us in a season when we finished 3rd and they went down (I think). 

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

No I didn’t. But it’s about how it comes about isn’t it.

I take heart from the fact that if the boot was on the other foot and we were flying high we’d probably lose! As per the early 90s when they doubled us in a season when we finished 3rd and they went down (I think). 

Even when they had England managers etc they never dominated the derbys to the extent we have.

Was it you on canary call?

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Even when they had England managers etc they never dominated the derbys to the extent we have.

Was it you on canary call?

Might have been 

Just now, nutty nigel said:

You might have made more sense than some of your rants on here...

The day you ever make sense late on in the night will be worth waiting for. ( that’s ok init Connor?) 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You might have made more sense than some of your rants on here...

Occasionally the stars align…….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

It could have been worse.

You could have bought a season ticket.

Those poor folk deserve knighting at the end of season awards. 

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

eh ?

Getting in a manager who would sit then down, watch the game afterwards and tell them in no uncdertain terms - mark the farken opposition

the commentatot has said Ismail like to play possession - well that is not difficult whan his players have a couple of options every time they get the ball

while City shuffle about hoping the ball will come back to them, on the law of averages

this is not a one off, this is every week, the players have been with different clubs so they know different, it is down to Wagners incompetence

I'm willing/hoping to be proven wrong !