Sign in to follow this  
The Raptor

Birthdays ruined/enhanced by norwich.

Following a comment on another thread i gelt this deserves its own topic. 

Who has had a memorable City defeat or victory on their birthday?

Middlesborough at home. The play off year. Had been out for tea and beer,  had the Saturday off work so it was all set to be a good evening. Boro scored early on then showed no interest in playing football and we limped to a 0-1 defeat. Boooo

Charlton v Norwich league one. Didn't actually go to the game. We met in London anyway as we'd booked the train when it was cheap,  had an afternoon in the natural history museum and ended up in a random pub watching final score. Promotion!! Just made the last train home with a lot of other very drunk norwich fans. Back of the net!

Edited by The Raptor
Wark is a fool!

I was born on the day Norwich beat Cardiff at Ninian Park 2-1. It's a shame, but I obviously wasn't aware then and I am not aware of us doing anything special on my birthday since, as we are always ****e in December!

Good job I decided to give the Blackpool game a miss as the curtain came down last season but 30 years earlier a 3-3 draw at Middlesbrough secured promotion.

Could have been worse. Someone I know ‘ celebrated ‘ his 40th at the 1-7 Colchester debacle. Oh dear…..

Mon Dec 21 1992. The first league EA Derby for many years. Lost 2-0 at Carrow Road. 

Redemption: Sun Dec 21 2003. Top of the League at Portman Road.

Highs and lows...

Ryan Giggs scoring that stoppage time winner in front of the Barclay just after Grant Holt had brilliantly equalised put a little downer on my 21st birthday. For a couple of hours at least!

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I share my birthday with Norwich City Football Club.😃

17th June.

I thought you were going to say you were born in 1902!!!

• Haha 2

Coventry 5  Norwich 4 (27/12/77) was a birthday special. The players had it hard back then, City had beat Ipswich at home the day before and we’re off to Ayresome Park on New Year’s Eve. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Coventry 5  Norwich 4 (27/12/77) was a birthday special. The players had it hard back then, City had beat Ipswich at home the day before and we’re off to Ayresome Park on New Year’s Eve. 

I remember John Bond was on full throttle after that one especially as John Ryan missed a last minute pen

2 hours ago, splutcho said:

As I was born in June I've never had the opportunity for this club to ruin my birthday 😅

Surely during that extended Covid season? That 3-0 loss to Southampton on 19 June (first game back) effectively ended our chances of surviving in the EPL by setting a trail of hopeless performances!

Not my birthday but I chose to spend 8th May 2010 at Carra, watching us lift the League One trophy after the final home match against Carlisle.

On a day usually associated with bright sunshine as the season draws to a close, it p1ssed it down with rain all day - soaked getting there, getting back, sh1t game, lost 0-2 with both goals killing the game in the first 10 minutes plus Ian Harte taking the pee all afternoon.

My son has never let me forget missing his 10th birthday tea and regularly brings it up as a guilt-ridden blackmailing chip but, hey, how often do you see your team lift a piece of silverware?

Edited by Drazen Muzinic