Satriales

Thank you, Stuart Webber

10 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Not sure that’s what happening, they’re a lot who think he massively overstayed his welcome, particularly after he resigned. I don’t see anyone particularly happy he failed, just angry he was allowed to for so long.

I agree he has over stayed his welcome but is that on him? He could have removed himself by refusing the offer to stay on until a replacement was found. But would have open to accusations that he has left us in the lurch. Everything that has happened since March reflects badly on those above him more than Webber himself in my opinion as we have sleep walked into the state of paralysis we find ourselves in.

Most of the anger is about us losing too many games. If we continue to lose too many games the anger will eventually find another target. If we win enough games it will subside. It was always thus.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I agree he has over stayed his welcome but is that on him? He could have removed himself by refusing the offer to stay on until a replacement was found. But would have open to accusations that he has left us in the lurch. Everything that has happened since March reflects badly on those above him more than Webber himself in my opinion as we have sleep walked into the state of paralysis we find ourselves in.

Think it’s both personally. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

3rd, 4th and 5th finishes in the top flight. European football and 2 F.A Cup semis all before Webber. You haven’t been supporting the club long have you or know much of our history in the last 3/4 decades. 

I know all about our history but didn't realise you'd be so thick as to relate those seasons to modern football, hence me referring to 20 odd years.

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I know all about our history but didn't realise you'd be so thick as to relate those seasons to modern football, hence me referring to 20 odd years.

It's the most ridiculous comparison. But it lives in a world where the record books replace the enjoyment of being part of our great club.

Just think of all the great seasons that don't cut the mustard. Even recently every Farke win and every Pukki goal are branded 'failure'. Ron Saunders and his great 1972 warriors branded 'failure'. The magnificent 59ers - 'failure'. Ron Davies, Tommy Bryceland, Hughie Curran and Ken Foggo - 'failure'. Sooo many Barry Butler winners - 'failure'. Barry Butler himself - 'failure'...

50 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Most of the anger is about us losing too many games. If we continue to lose too many games the anger will eventually find another target. If we win enough games it will subside. It was always thus.

Who’d have thought it. Football management team judged on results. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Get back down on Stu. 

22 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Who’d have thought it. Football management team judged on results. 

It's not though. It's being judged by comparison. Being judged by results is exactly the measure that should be used. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's not though. It's being judged by comparison. Being judged by results is exactly the measure that should be used. 

Rubbish. Endless excuses for poor results.

Ok. What if we judge all the teams in the league compared to their best ever season in the top flight. Where abouts would our third put us?

It's bellendary and only such people would support that nonsense.

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think for an SD/CEO, you judge the club against where they were when they arrived compared with when they left.

We have bigger debts.

We have a lower squad value.

We have fewer valuable assets to sell.

We're lower in the league pyramid.

By that measure, he's a failure, especially when you factor in that none of his predecessors got to spend anything like Webber did.

So a failure, but I'd endure it all again for those two title winning campaigns. It's just a shame his arrogance stopped him building on his early glory.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I think for an SD/CEO, you judge the club against where they were when they arrived compared with when they left.

We have bigger debts.

We have a lower squad value.

We have fewer valuable assets to sell.

We're lower in the league pyramid.

By that measure, he's a failure, especially when you factor in that none of his predecessors got to spend anything like Webber did.

So a failure, but I'd endure it all again for those two title winning campaigns. It's just a shame his arrogance stopped him building on his early glory.

You can do that. I don't really care what measure you use. None of it will tarnish the memories of the good times or polish those of the bad.

But the point I was making is comparing our best ever season as a comparison for all other seasons is bellendary and would put us in league one for historical achievement.

4 hours ago, RobJames said:

Two titles is a shameful record. A club of our size should be at least making the Champions League.

That was Webbers downfall,  he started to believe that we were a bigger club than what the budget allowed. He chucked the plan in the bin .

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

I rate it. He's gone and still got simple minded folk on here apoplectic 😅

Just to check, does he run all his PR by you during pillow talk? Cos if so you’re giving him duff advice. 

• Like 1

I’m sure if the club trajectory is downwards or the same then Webber star will rise again if there the club trajectory is upwards Stuart Webber will somehow be even less popular than he is now.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Two championship titles, and how many did we have in the previous 7 years? Actually let's multiply that by 3, how many titles in 21 years?

We had 2 promotions and 4 seasons in the prem,  staying up twice. Compared to 2 titles and 2 abject failures in the prem. 

All a bit cringy for me. He has been both good and bad during his time at Norwich, but the leaving statement and the guard of honour seem way out of scale, given the state we are in at the moment. Celebrating his time at Norwich when we have been floundering in the championship, for two years, just seems out of place. Like it or not, sacking Farke changed the way we play - and not in a good way, leading to two years of wilderness, which is ongoing. 

If Wagner somehow turns it round from here, then ok, I might feel a bit more charitable towards Webber, but as it is, the very public statements and the public guard of honour, just seem in poor taste and pay no heed to what has been happening the last two years. 

People can say all it will take for people to cheer up is a few wins - and that is true - but that doesn't change what has been going on for the last two years and the abject performances and results.....and the poor managerial performances - managers appointed by you know who. All a bit strange imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

All a bit cringy for me. He has been both good and bad during his time at Norwich, but the leaving statement and the guard of honour seem way out of scale, given the state we are in at the moment. Celebrating his time at Norwich when we have been floundering in the championship, for two years, just seems out of place. Like it or not, sacking Farke changed the way we play - and not in a good way, leading to two years of wilderness, which is ongoing. 

If Wagner somehow turns it round from here, then ok, I might feel a bit more charitable towards Webber, but as it is, the very public statements and the public guard of honour, just seem in poor taste and pay no heed to what has been happening the last two years. 

People can say all it will take for people to cheer up is a few wins - and that is true - but that doesn't change what has been going on for the last two years and the abject performances and results.....and the poor managerial performances - managers appointed by you know who. All a bit strange imo. 

Agreed. 

Feels like a diktat issued by he or his wife, to shore up his legacy. It’s desperate. 

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

3rd, 4th and 5th finishes in the top flight. European football and 2 F.A Cup semis all before Webber. You haven’t been supporting the club long have you or know much of our history in the last 3/4 decades. 

As if you didn’t sound like a binner already, now you’re going on about our glorious history MY!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Just to check, does he run all his PR by you during pillow talk? Cos if so you’re giving him duff advice. 

Nah, pillow talk involves me and Stu asking your Mrs to nip out and pick up some cigarettes.

7 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

The most cringeworthy thing though was the guard of honour after the Cardiff match! 

That sums up what a shambolic way the club is run currently, celebrating his epic failures!!

Rumour has it, it was on the orders of Tom Smith. The players wanted nothing to do with it and Johnny Rowe actually booed. 

• Haha 1

I'm not a fan of the video because I think it serves as a way of minimising the SD role into being basically a head of recruitment, as opposed to someone who leads everything football related at the club.

As fans the only way we really have of measuring progress is on the pitch every weekend. This means that Webber has essentially been tied to results as much as the head coach has. While I don't think it's fair to judge a SD on the week to week I would also say that the trend of the last 3 years means that Webber's time was up. The improvements to the training ground which were led by him were necessary and will serve the club well into the future. 

That being said, my view is that on the whole most of the processes are in place for us to be a well run club again. I still think Webber's biggest weakness as a SD surrounds the head coach role. I'm not sure he places as much importance on it as I personally would, evidenced by his pretty swift, and arguably lazy, 3 searches during his time here. Smith wasn't sacked soon enough and I would say the same for Wagner too but there are some mitigating circumstances there I guess. Whether it's the fact he builds relationships with these people I don't know but I think it's important that a SD builds a squad that is right for the club overall, and not strictly what the head coach wants. Listening to football managers usually ends up with you signing lots of experienced players on big wages and half the time it works and half the time it fails miserably. It looks like we have been one of the failures.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Nah, pillow talk involves me and Stu asking your Mrs to nip out and pick up some cigarettes.

Forgot to plan for the cigarettes did he? Not surprised.

19 hours ago, Satriales said:

Not my words, but those of the official NCFC Youtube channel.

Great video from Mrs Webber.

Seriously, this is ‘cringe’. Pass the sick bag. 

9 hours ago, repman said:

I'm not sure he places as much importance on it as I personally would, evidenced by his pretty swift, and arguably lazy, 3 searches during his time here.

You including Farke in that? Would be interested to hear your argument. Swift, I guess, given he knew him already. But picking someone most people in English football hadn't heard of, but was clearly an outstanding coach, doesn't strike me as a lazy appointment.