East Rider

Stuart Webber guard of honour

8 minutes ago, S_81 said:

He’s hurt the standard of our squad, our league position, and our financial future. 

Tbf, the squad was dreadful when he came here, the finances were even worse and we were in an equally rubbish position 

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Tbf, the squad was dreadful when he came here, the finances were even worse and we were in an equally rubbish position 

Finances were worse? Is that really true? 

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Doesn’t deserve the guard of honour then 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Doubtful 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just odd how's he's been all over the country and even abroad and was not sighted at all last match and was seemingly not at todays match only to then turn out he was at the last second

Why would the cameras show him at all,they didnt show Delia or any other directors did they?
As for the send off.I couldnt care less. There is more to his job than what has happened on the pitch this season.He has transformed Colney and given players the best environment to work in daily and whether you like it or not he has delivered in some way to some success in his 7 years he has been here.
I dread to think where the club  would be on and off the pitch if Moxey had kept his job.We should perhaps be grateful for that

8 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Was it a spontaneous event the players decided on? If not I’ve no idea how any conclusion of their feelings can be drawn.

What was spontaneous was them noticing him on the side of the pitch, jogging over and embracing, handshaking and patting etc. Which was evident enough to draw conclusion, even if it "goes against the grain" somewhat.

3 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Why would the cameras show him at all,they didnt show Delia or any other directors did they?
As for the send off.I couldnt care less. There is more to his job than what has happened on the pitch this season.He has transformed Colney and given players the best environment to work in daily and whether you like it or not he has delivered in some way to some success in his 7 years he has been here.
I dread to think where the club  would be on and off the pitch if Moxey had kept his job.We should perhaps be grateful for that

Calm down Stu, it’s only a Message Board. 

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i would not have minded if he had gone and thanked the fans first then do what you like ,

But to ignore the traveling fans then do it ? not for me ,you do it all together or not at all as a club 

Why on earth would he do that? The fans were singing about him f*cking off at the last home game. 

He left the players to celebrate with the fans rather than him come over and potentially cause ill feeling during a good moment.

1 hour ago, mannings bandy legs said:

So you really believe Gibson would get anywhere near £40,000 a week at any other club at our level. Or Duffy,or Hwang etc...

Not now, no. But the whole idea of contracts is that you can’t change them just because you don’t like the player.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

For me the squad was better before. Probably underachieving. Financially hard to judge? To run a football is costing more and more. Add into that the covid seasons, any good ground made was swollowed up. 

Edited by Unthink road
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OnDaBall said:

The fact that he didn't go over to the fans, who had travelled from Norwich to South Wales, just shows one last time the contempt he has the supporters of the club. Clearly he didn't want the unruly mob to spoil his special moment with the players. It just outlines the disconnect that he has created between the hierarchy at the club and the fans.

I dont doubt that he would have liked to go to the fans but if the opinions of those at Cardiff is anything like the opinions being voiced here by the majority I think it was a good decision

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not now, no. But the whole idea of contracts is that you can’t change them just because you don’t like the player.

Players hold all the cards. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Why on earth would he do that? The fans were singing about him f*cking off at the last home game. 

He left the players to celebrate with the fans rather than him come over and potentially cause ill feeling during a good moment.

Yes you might be right depends how you look at it Hog 

i looked at it like us and them 

One thing i did notice after watching the clip was he had a boy with him son ?

and if that is the case it was wise to keep the young boy away from any chants etc 

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes you might be right depends how you look at it Hog 

i looked at it like us and them 

One thing i did notice after watching the clip was he had a boy with him son ?

and if that is the case it was wise to keep the young boy away from any chants etc 

Yeah it's his boy. Who's become quite the Norwich fan!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We were on the brink of admin, remember the Maddison sale? That was crucial 

26 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Doubtful 

Not at all, we had to sell to sell Maddison, or we were in doo doo. The owners are the ones not financing this club, not Webber. He had to be creative and didn’t do a bad job of it 

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

We were on the brink of admin, remember the Maddison sale? That was crucial 

That’s true, the common denominator is Smith and Jones. That said if you’re going to be a ‘Billy Big Bolox’ and criticise others in charge then be ready for some back when you fail. 

25 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not at all, we had to sell to sell Maddison, or we were in doo doo. The owners are the ones not financing this club, not Webber. He had to be creative and didn’t do a bad job of it 

We’ll have to sell Sara end of season, and had flog Max/Andy this year, so much the same from what I can see. 

3 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

A firing squad would be more apt...

Blackadder S4 E2 Corporal Punishment Script

OTBC

We'd probably miss.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

I think this shows just how differently our current plight is viewed from inside the club: they obviously think he's done a great job and it's just down to bad luck that we're near the bottom of the Championship with many players looking closer to League One than Premier League level. The rot runs deep. 

I want them all gone. Not a single player I’d be distraught to lose. They’re them, not us. 

I don't blame him for not going over to the away section, what with the current climate at the club and the fractured relationship he has with the fanbase. Not sure there would have been much to gain from it.

The guard of honour is neither here nor there for me really, if the players felt it was something they wanted to do then good for them.

I wish him well but acknowledge that its time for a change. We might be in a very similar place to seven years ago but he oversaw two of the best seasons in the clubs history and appointed one of our most popular managers. He's regularly admitted mistakes were made but I can't see any benefit to unpleasantness now, might be better for those who have nothing good to say to perhaps say nothing at all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I don't blame him for not going over to the away section, what with the current climate at the club and the fractured relationship he has with the fanbase. Not sure there would have been much to gain from it.

The guard of honour is neither here nor there for me really, if the players felt it was something they wanted to do then good for them.

I wish him well but acknowledge that its time for a change. We might be in a very similar place to seven years ago but he oversaw two of the best seasons in the clubs history and appointed one of our most popular managers. He's regularly admitted mistakes were made but I can't see any benefit to unpleasantness now, might be better for those who have nothing good to say to perhaps say nothing at all.

Agree, time to move on now. 

Strangely, I think Webber's earlier than expected exit and no part in the handover may have kept Wagner in the job a bit longer.

Players are totally different to fans. To players Webber is their employer.

guard of honour - I would have made him run the gauntlet

52 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Stuart Webber Sucks.

Won't work, Hoggy isn't a grass like our north of the border chum.

• Haha 1

The fact that’s Stuart Webber might get a job in football after all of this is hilarious to be honest.

He stick to building swimming pools and being a c@&t to be honest 😂