S_81

Best way to make dissatisfaction be known?

Just now, nutty nigel said:

What would you have them do then?

Try and get the Americans to take over now , if they will not , then they are the wrong people in the first place. But then I believe they should of went 2 seasons ago with the webbers.Ā  You will tell me no one would buy the club , which neither of us know to be true.Ā 

47 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

When I think back to the anger and bile there was directed at Smith when we were in a far better state, we find ourselves in a far worse state and the reaction seems quite subdued.

Nowt so queer as folk.

To be fair, in my opinion we had a more talented squad. By a margin. And, again in my opinion, a poorer division quality wise overall to compete in.

Not that we are any better off without Smith.

Just now, Sufyellow said:

Try and get the Americans to take over now , if they will not , then they are the wrong people in the first place. But then I believe they should of went 2 seasons ago with the webbers.Ā  You will tell me no one would buy the club , which neither of us know to be true.Ā 

If you want both sides of the conversation don't quote me...

Do you want them to ignore everything and sell to the Americans now?

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I've no idea why expectations were lower. Anybody could do better than Smith. šŸ˜‰

Probably because we sold 20 million pounds worth of talent,Ā  and pukki left . Beginning of last season we thought pukki could still do it for us.Ā 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If you want both sides of the conversation don't quote me...

Do you want them to ignore everything and sell to the Americans now?

Yep, continue on this path and in 3 years there will not be much left. The Americans can take the club when ever they want I expect so they should be running it now.Ā 

Just now, Sufyellow said:

Yep, continue on this path and in 3 years there will not be much left. The Americans can take the club when ever they want I expect so they should be running it now.Ā 

Well that's good news for me. If you can make it happen I'll buy you a pint with my proceeds.Ā 

Essex will probably buy you a knew brown jacket with his proceeds.

Make it happen :classic_ninja:

1 hour ago, Unthink road said:

Please go. Let them know vocally. It's tough but televised sport can make a point. Webber must go with Wagner and we start again. Let's not fall out supporters of our club.Ā 

Iā€™d argue that a half empty stadium looks worse on the club on tv than booing fans.Ā 

23 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Iā€™d argue that a half empty stadium looks worse on the club on tv than booing fans.Ā 

We wouldnt have got Dean Smith out by simply staying away

A couple of games of calling for the manager/webber's head is far more powerful, and is usually all it takes

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

32 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well that's good news for me. If you can make it happen I'll buy you a pint with my proceeds.Ā 

Essex will probably buy you a knew brown jacket with his proceeds.

Make it happen :classic_ninja:

I still have a nice brown jacket , but would rather leave it at home these days. Only delia and Michael can make it happen,Ā  trouble is I doubt they will and this club will continue rotting from the top. Will your shares be worth anything if the Americans called in the debt, after the rest of the playing assets are sold and season ticket sales are down?Ā 

4 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I still have a nice brown jacket , but would rather leave it at home these days. Only delia and Michael can make it happen,Ā  trouble is I doubt they will and this club will continue rotting from the top. Will your shares be worth anything if the Americans called in the debt, after the rest of the playing assets are sold and season ticket sales are down?Ā 

I was joking. I don't really care what my shares are worth.

Other people's money doesn't excite me.

I'm not convinced chopping tree from its roots, taking it to the USA and decorating it with dollars is a good thing. It could be but, but in every previous occasion that the tree was sick its roots fed it. Give the club to America today without safeguards and we have no say in where it goes next.

It's enough to turn a fan to what made Milwaukee famous...

I'll still go though :classic_blink:

Ā 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I was joking. I don't really care what my shares are worth.

Other people's money doesn't excite me.

I'm not convinced chopping tree from its roots, taking it to the USA and decorating it with dollars is a good thing. It could be but, but in every previous occasion that the tree was sick its roots fed it. Give the club to America today without safeguards and we have no say in where it goes next.

It's enough to turn a fan to what made Milwaukee famous...

I'll still go though :classic_blink:

Ā 

Power tools made Milwaukee famous every good tradesmen knows that. What are these safe guards you keep talking about ? Surely once they take over they do what they want . ā·

11 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Power tools made Milwaukee famous every good tradesmen knows that. What are these safe guards you keep talking about ? Surely once they take over they do what they want . ā·

Yes I guess that's why the takeover is structured the way it is.

It's not unusual though. Even at our club. Geoffrey Watling was happy to hold all those shares until he was sure.

The only thing I really know about Attanasio is that he's considerably richer than yow...

And me and D&M. So is his money what your faith is in?

If we start losing against Blackburn, I may well start tutting. I may even roll my eyes.

If we go further behind, I'll probably take an exaggerated deep breath, then breathe out slowly in an elongated sigh.

After that, I'll get tough. I'll slump backwards into my seat. Fold my arms. Then shake my head disapprovingly.

That'll learn 'em!

38 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes I guess that's why the takeover is structured the way it is.

It's not unusual though. Even at our club. Geoffrey Watling was happy to hold all those shares until he was sure.

The only thing I really know about Attanasio is that he's considerably richer than yow...

And me and D&M. So is his money what your faith is in?

What's faith really? All I can see is owners who are unfortunately now to old and have nothing new to give , I would love them to hand over now and be respected by the fans for the past , or it could go the way Webber is going and they don't deserve that. We need a total reset and a plan we can buy into , unfortunately the owners cannot give us that now. Unfortunately everything about football is money,Ā  I hate it and if it wasn't for past and present family connection and the love of our club I wouldn't be going anymore. So I guess yes , my faith is in some one with moneyĀ  Ā I am sure no one wants someone broke running a football club.

Dont kmow if its ever been done anywhere before but a mass walk out at half time would make one he'll of a statement. From 25000odd down to about 1000 in a flash.

Best way is to simply not show up. The club donā€™t owe you a good side to support, neither do you owe them your support. Should the product they offer be unsatisfactory then just donā€™t go?

7 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Best way is to simply not show up. The club donā€™t owe you a good side to support, neither do you owe them your support. Should the product they offer be unsatisfactory then just donā€™t go?

Doesn't really matter as most of the crowd are made up of season ticket holders. Don't go, but the Club still has the money. May be a better atmosphere forĀ the players at Carrow Road if there are less spectators? Personally I will still go whatever the circumstances. Seen it all before and probably will do so again.

12 hours ago, A K Narey said:

We can always sit quietly in the River End with occasional tutting!Ā šŸ¤­

Come on now. There is no need to go to extremes!

9 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

If we start losing against Blackburn, I may well start tutting. I may even roll my eyes.

If we go further behind, I'll probably take an exaggerated deep breath, then breathe out slowly in an elongated sigh.

After that, I'll get tough. I'll slump backwards into my seat. Fold my arms. Then shake my head disapprovingly.

That'll learn 'em!

That sounds like a recipe for a lifetime ban, young man!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I thought they were letting go.

Should they just sell up to Attanasio now and forget the safeguards? Would that be in our clubs best interests?

Yes.Ā 

8 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Trouble is we have paid .Ā 

11 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

What's faith really? All I can see is owners who are unfortunately now to old and have nothing new to give , I would love them to hand over now and be respected by the fans for the past , or it could go the way Webber is going and they don't deserve that. We need a total reset and a plan we can buy into , unfortunately the owners cannot give us that now. Unfortunately everything about football is money,Ā  I hate it and if it wasn't for past and present family connection and the love of our club I wouldn't be going anymore. So I guess yes , my faith is in some one with moneyĀ  Ā I am sure no one wants someone broke running a football club.

We have to accept everything about football is money. The alternative is walking away. I wonder where the line will eventually be drawn? Once upon a time cutting our club from its roots and taking it to another continent would have been unthinkable. Now it's a reality and the dollars see so many welcoming it. We welcome Sky for the same reasons. We welcome the ridiculous kick off times. We'll probably welcome anything that will bring in more money. Money that ultimately ends up with people who have far too much anyway. Anyone remember the great reset that was expected when we all thought we might die of COVID?

Now we get the ridiculous situation where fans who benefit from all this suggesting supporters who don't should stop going. Whilst of course they continue watching on their TVs. How about cancelling those subscriptions and sending back the firesticks (or whatever they're called) as a protest?

In a world with so much need, if I was a multi millionaire I'm not sure I'd think investing in a baseball club in Milwaukee would be a priority.

But yes I'll still go to support my team. It's what I do :classic_blink:

Ā 

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

We have to accept everything about football is money. The alternative is walking away. I wonder where the line will eventually be drawn? Once upon a time cutting our club from its roots and taking it to another continent would have been unthinkable. Now it's a reality and the dollars see so many welcoming it. We welcome Sky for the same reasons. We welcome the ridiculous kick off times. We'll probably welcome anything that will bring in more money. Money that ultimately ends up with people who have far too much anyway. Anyone remember the great reset that was expected when we all thought we might die of COVID?

Now we get the ridiculous situation where fans who benefit from all this suggesting supporters who don't should stop going. Whilst of course they continue watching on their TVs. How about cancelling those subscriptions and sending back the firesticks (or whatever they're called) as a protest?

In a world with so much need, if I was a multi millionaire I'm not sure I'd think investing in a baseball club in Milwaukee would be a priority.

Ā 

Good points well made. When it comes to safeguards, however, perhaps a good idea to reflect that the Takeover Code was supposed to be such a safeguard for supporters putting money into the Club that Delia didn't have when lack of TV receipts created a Budget crisis. Pity she didn't remember that instead of showering money on her beloved Webbers in the wake of Covid. Ditto for failing to implement any measures to help supporters address the cost of living crisis.

Edited by essex canary

17 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I am really really struggling to find the motivation to go to the Blackburn game. Best way to complain is to leave empty seats.Ā 

Didn't we try that for the second half of those Premier League matches against West Ham, Newcastle and Spurs and Swansea last season?Ā Not sure it works well though, they don't adjust the attendance figures accordingly.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Ā 

We can agree. Totally.Ā  Personally I don't watch any other football not even internationals until the main competitions . But I love my club, just not football in general, if that makes sense.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

We can agree. Totally.Ā  Personally I don't watch any other football not even internationals until the main competitions . But I love my club, just not football in general, if that makes sense.Ā Ā 

Makes perfect sense.