Sign in to follow this  
Sufyellow

Wagner resigned at half time

Wagner has handed his notice in and will be leaving at the end of his rolling 1 year contract.  So no need to want him out. Change is on its way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Wagner has handed his notice in and will be leaving at the end of his rolling 1 year contract.  So no need to want him out. Change is on its way. 

And you know this how?

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yay, another year of him then. 

It's the way we do things , same on the pitch, we watch the ball , pretend to do something and then realise it's to late. That's our club from top to bottom.  

I heard differently -Delia phoned to see what  he want for supper-and to discuss an 5 year contract 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

A rolling contract is open-ended by definition, so if Webber told you that he was taking the pi ss.

Edited by benchwarmer

3 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

A rolling contract is open-ended by definition, so if Webber told you that he was taking the pi ss.

So how does webbers work? 

4 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Nothing different there with our Stuart then.  He's been doing that for over 2 years now and been getting paid handsomely for doing it. 

My understanding of a rolling contract is he constantly has 12 months, so if (WHEN) he gets the sack, we only have to pay him 12 months, rather than sign him on a 3 year contract, then have to pay him for 2 year's if he got the sack after 1 year. 

• Like 2

Perhaps we’ll get his replacement in to work alongside him for a month or three before Wagner leaves. Nice little handover period. Could work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was a guy on here the other day saying that Wagner's contact is up for renewal every January. So it's a rolling contract in that sense, but it doesn't constantly have twelve months to run.

I don't know what their source was, and I have no insight of my own. Just passing on a post I saw earlier in the week. Might be wishful thinking on my part!

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

Perhaps we’ll get his replacement in to work alongside him for a month or three before Wagner leaves. Nice little handover period. Could work.

Might take three months to explain the reasoning behind the way he sets up our midfield.

Wagner resigned before kickoff judging by his team selection!

36 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Do you understand what a rolling one year contract is? It never ends. It always has one year left. 

No one resigns in those circumstances. Get sacked and you get a year's money

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

So how does webbers work? 

My best understanding of Webber's comment is that Wagner has told the club he wants to leave when the initial 12-month period expires (on 6th January) and the club has agreed.  Either side can opt to roll it over, which is usually decided well in advance. 

In other words, the club has decided to allow a manager who doesn't want to be here to stay on for over two months post-resignation, instead of paying compensation for sacking him now - even at the risk of relegation.

Presumably the players are aware of the situation, or soon will be.  Is it any wonder we are where we are?

PS.  It may not be the first time this has happened.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

I heard differently -Delia phoned to see what  he want for supper-and to discuss an 5 year contract 

Does he have the same agent as Adam Idah

13 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

My best understanding of Webber's comment is that Wagner has told the club he wants to leave at the end of the season, ie. when the initial 12-month period expires, and the club has agreed.  Either side can opt to roll it over, which is usually decided well in advance (but not this far in advance!). 

In other words, the club seems to think it's perfectly OK to allow a manager who clearly doesn't want to be here to stay on, instead of paying compensation for sacking him now - even at the risk of relegation.

Presumably the players are aware of the situation.  Is it any wonder that we are where we are?

So we have Wagner & Webber who don't want to be here, but are comfortable with taking a wage. That just about sums up our board right now, just happy to plod along. 

Edited by Top corner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Top corner said:

My understanding of a rolling contract is he constantly has 12 months, so if (WHEN) he gets the sack, we only have to pay him 12 months, rather than sign him on a 3 year contract, then have to pay him for 2 year's if he got the sack after 1 year. 

Doesn't webber have a rolling contract? 

1 hour ago, Top corner said:

Correct. At any given time he has 12months left.

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Might take three months to explain the reasoning behind the way he sets up our midfield.

What midfield , we haven't had one of them since skipp left ..

Brentford are playing away today. Webber's just called them to ask if he can use their away dressing room since it's free.

Brentford are playing away today. Webber's just called them to ask if he can use their away dressing room since it's free.

This really wouldn't surprise me. Webber is so classy, isn't he?

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

My best understanding of Webber's comment is that Wagner has told the club he wants to leave when the initial 12-month period expires (on 6th January) and the club has agreed.  Either side can opt to roll it over, which is usually decided well in advance. 

In other words, the club has decided to allow a manager who doesn't want to be here to stay on for over two months post-resignation, instead of paying compensation for sacking him now - even at the risk of relegation.

Presumably the players are aware of the situation, or soon will be.  Is it any wonder we are where we are?

PS.  It may not be the first time this has happened.

Will the new manager come in at the beginning of January so he and the new SD can be taught how to sell players for lots of Money and replace them with other clubs rejects , by the ones leaving? 

7 minutes ago, S_81 said:

He just said performance wise it was ok. An ok away performance. 

It was OK,  for his bosses.