KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread- SunderlandvNorwich****

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Red card soon I think.

For Wagner hopefully 

7 minutes ago, repman said:

A lot of people like to say the players aren't good enough and that may be true but do you really believe this is all a coach can get out of them? 

As I said when we were getting tonked every week in the PL under Farke, the problem is - even if you don't believe there is no more to be gained from this squad of players you then are faced with a choice of sticking or twisting. Stick and accept that this could be 'it' or twist and hope a new head coach at least has the new impetus impact, players push themselves harder for longer the first few games to show why they should be chosen to start.

IMHO, when you get to situations like these, it becomes harder and harder to stick when it becomes more apparent you can't hold onto faith alone. 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And there are still some saying the problems with the injuries and players and not Wagners tactics

Muppets have been arguing with me on here since I said he should have been gone before the summer 

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

We need a goal and Wagner takes off our top goal scorer? Can Wagner get any more crazy?

Sacked in the morning. Absolutely ridiculous 

Webber is acctually leaving the club in a worse position then when he arrived. Back then, we acctually had a few players we could sell to generate funds. 

What do call someone who knows how the previous director won the lottery and pissed it all away, and then goes around and do the same thing, twice more?

As usual, sub both wingers off after an hour. Premeditated and regardless of how the game is going. Why take Rowe off there. Ridiculous. Digging his own grave. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

I have zero doubt a managerial change would massively improve us at this stage- because the tactics, selection are just off

I’d go as far as saying that even Neil Adams as a temp does better than Wagner 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

No running. No passing. Staring at the floor.

You tell me.

same as usual

Cannot understand the complete lack of motivation from this squad, walking around, nobody wanting the ball , nobody making runs into space. What is going on?

Jack wilshere will be manager by Christmas, just putting 2 and 2 together based on the new sporting director is from arsenal.👀👀

1 minute ago, chicken said:

As I said when we were getting tonked every week in the PL under Farke, the problem is - even if you don't believe there is no more to be gained from this squad of players you then are faced with a choice of sticking or twisting. Stick and accept that this could be 'it' or twist and hope a new head coach at least has the new impetus impact, players push themselves harder for longer the first few games to show why they should be chosen to start.

IMHO, when you get to situations like these, it becomes harder and harder to stick when it becomes more apparent you can't hold onto faith alone. 

I think this touches on the problem when teams look for that new manager boost. In the short term yes it might win you some more games but more often than not it's a roll of the dice. With Farke I think it was clear he had some issues defensively that it felt like he couldn't solve, I could at least see the logic in the Smith appointment as he had solved similar problems with Villa.

The difference now is that I think we simply have a bad coach, who shouldn't be hard to improve upon. I've said for a while we need to fully reset and it's a shame we've now hamstrung ourselves to contracts for a load of older players as that reduces our wiggle room.

Whoever the next coach is, their aim should be to produce the next good Norwich team by next season at the earliest, short termism is what has got us into this spiral. Only need to look at the side we're playing today for a good example of that. 

• Like 1