Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Sara, how long?

Our long term future is in the Champioship although it's not impossible that we could get relegated.

Why would any player, who is obviously streaks ahead of all his team mates, want to stay at a dead end Club when it is quite possible that the World is his oyster.

We will not get a relacement with anything like his ability and my only fear is that he'll be allowed to go for an awful lots less money than he is worth.

That would be yet another opportunity missed.

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There's at least 20 other clubs who'd wish, as a relatively speaking similar size, they'd had the recent recruitment of Brentford. But if you only ever compare yourselves to a singular exception you'll always be disappointed. Might explain why some posters do it.

And we have to remember that even under the despicable Stuart Webber, we were the envy of many for a couple years. 

How did they let proven Howson go and get promoted? No chance now Ryan Bennett and John Ruddy have gone. Now they've sold Josh Murphy. Pritchard too? They'll be lucky to stay in the football league..

Plenty of clubs looked at us with envy as we shifted huge salaried players for good money at times and replaced with the likes of Pukki, Buendia, Stiepermann, Trybull, Vrancic and Leitner. And we had already done some work under McNally (which at the time was ripped to shreds but now he's becoming a favorite again) by doing exactly what happens to us and grabbing talent from then lesser clubs. Maddison, Lewis, Godfrey and Aarons...

We've had a couple poor seasons yet we still have the likes of Rowe and Sara, the latter signed by Webber who's transfer fee alone could cover all the wages and transfer fees currently lost on some poor purchases.

If we were Brighton or Brentford, the same people would complain that we're not Newcastle or Man City.

I wonder what Sara thinks about playing here. Another MOTM performance on Saturday, scored a wonderful goal, and got booed off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

There's at least 20 other clubs who'd wish, as a relatively speaking similar size, they'd had the recent recruitment of Brentford. But if you only ever compare yourselves to a singular exception you'll always be disappointed. Might explain why some posters do it.

And we have to remember that even under the despicable Stuart Webber, we were the envy of many for a couple years. 

How did they let proven Howson go and get promoted? No chance now Ryan Bennett and John Ruddy have gone. Now they've sold Josh Murphy. Pritchard too? They'll be lucky to stay in the football league..

Plenty of clubs looked at us with envy as we shifted huge salaried players for good money at times and replaced with the likes of Pukki, Buendia, Stiepermann, Trybull, Vrancic and Leitner. And we had already done some work under McNally (which at the time was ripped to shreds but now he's becoming a favorite again) by doing exactly what happens to us and grabbing talent from then lesser clubs. Maddison, Lewis, Godfrey and Aarons...

We've had a couple poor seasons yet we still have the likes of Rowe and Sara, the latter signed by Webber who's transfer fee alone could cover all the wages and transfer fees currently lost on some poor purchases.

Fair point, it’s hard to remember examples that oppose one’s viewpoint but you’ve reminded me. Still think we’ve made a real hash over the past 2-3 seasons though. 

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I wonder what Sara thinks about playing here. Another MOTM performance on Saturday, scored a wonderful goal, and got booed off.

The praise for Sara this season has been very high on here. Many rightly saying he’s too good for this level of football and far too good for this current Norwich team. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

The praise for Sara this season has been very high on here. Many rightly saying he’s too good for this level of football and far too good for this current Norwich team. 

I expect he came on here after the booing and feels loads better now...

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I expect he came on here after the booing and feels loads better now...

I doubt that, he seems normal and would have better things to do. 

26 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And he speaks better English 😂 than a lot of Norfolk English men and women. Yes , he must be wondering.  He's wasted here at the moment. cmon , Norwich city get yer act together FFS.

Just now, Mengo said:

And he speaks better English 😂 than a lot of Norfolk English men and women. Yes , he must be wondering.  He's wasted here at the moment. cmon , Norwich city get yer act together FFS.

He's a real joy to watch. 

• Thanks 1

Having Wagner in charge will totally waste Sara’s time at our club. That’s the saddest thing for me about it. Another manager would utilise him far better - and get us into the play offs. It can still happen if the club act quick 

18 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The club who sold Watkins to Villa, Benrahma to West Ham, Maupay to Brighton and Raya to Arsenal?

The club who adequately replaces talent with talent unlike us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How many canaries could you perch on that? 

Three adult Ospreys and a peregrine falcon....

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Wings slightly stretched out too I’d bet. 

And each with a large Salmon in their beaks....(leaves a fishy smell)....

9 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Watkins and Benrahma left in the same summer, and Raya was loaned to Arsenal with an option to buy as an FFP bypass, so he won't be going back.

It's a little bit unfair to compare us to the obvious exceptions rather than the rule, don't you think? Why not compare us to all the other Championship clubs that sell their best players and fail to get promotion, or does that not fit your narrative?

Probably to do with the parachute money and prem money we had and blew it. What's the plan? Is it now just to sit midtable hopefully for several years ? Has anyone mentioned a plan since farke left. If we sell Rowe after one decent season we can't build nothing. We are also running out of players to sell.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

He probably thinks Norwich is not the place for him. But, he was probably already thinking that long before Saturday.

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

Sara fee will cover the 20 million running costs hole we will have next season,  just like, Aaron's, Rashica and big Andies did. We will still have all the freebies which we can't off load. We will soon need a couple of million to pay the manager and his coaching staff off again and I presume Webber himself off. The commitment and passion on the pitch tonight stunk , but that's what you expect from a club that rewards failure at the top.

Sara's fee dropped after tonight's performance which clearly showed that whilst he has potential he is a long way from the finished article. He is still probably our best player though and it is unlikely that we will keep hold of him come January. 

Sara was pretty poor tonight, couldn't pass the salt.

Him and Rowe will need to be sold to fund replacements for Dad's Army. I'm not that bothered tbh 

Club is rotten from top to bottom and we need new blood ASAP.

5 hours ago, Making Plans said:

He probably thinks Norwich is not the place for him. But, he was probably already thinking that long before Saturday.

Quite likely. Probably since last season. 

Edited by nutty nigel

I don't know really with Sara. He's definitely got quality about him that none of our other players have, barring Rowe, but I don't think he has enough influence on games. Maybe it's the tactics - I'd play him further forward with Forshaw alongside Kenny - but presumably the manager knows best. Last night I thought he was hiding a bit, maybe he's had enough or has seen the writing on the wall and has one eye on January.

5 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Last night I thought he was hiding a bit, maybe he's had enough or has seen the writing on the wall and has one eye on January.

The whole team was timid, and they're all low on confidence. They all seemed anxious in possession and scared to give the ball away.

I don't think it's anything more than that, personally. 

6 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

I don't know really with Sara. He's definitely got quality about him that none of our other players have, barring Rowe, but I don't think he has enough influence on games. Maybe it's the tactics - I'd play him further forward with Forshaw alongside Kenny - but presumably the manager knows best. Last night I thought he was hiding a bit, maybe he's had enough or has seen the writing on the wall and has one eye on January.

This is the issue. sara is clearly wasted in the middle and very much needs to be the kind of Marco Stierrmann style attacking midfielder playing just above a middle two.

Honestly having watched some highlights of Marco recently from his time with us his goals are all rather similar. Do feel Sara would be so much better off in that kind of role and position yet for whatever baffling reason Wagner seems convinced he's a defensive midfielder.

Does he do anything when he's in the middle? No. But does he score when he gets forward? Yes.

8 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Or presumably the manager doesn't know best which is more likely