Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Sara, how long?

Knowing the clubs , sell, sell.and sell  attitude 

so what are the chances of him staying in the next window.

For sure he will be gone in the summer.

He is the only player worth more than we paid for him

Replace no doubt replace by some some free transfer recruits from Dad’s Army.

You can only keep players of that calibre by having a realistic chance of promotion. Sara is Premier class, nobody would blame him if an offer came in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Knowing the clubs , sell, sell.and sell  attitude 

so what are the chances of him staying in the next window.

For sure he will be gone in the summer.

He is the only player worth more than we paid for him

Replace no doubt replace by some some free transfer recruits from Dad’s Army.

Summer? You’re optimistic.

He’ll be gone by the 2nd January, probably to Luton and as for the replacement, I don’t think it’s coincidence that I saw Peter Mendham knocking about down Carrow Road. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

You can only keep players of that calibre by having a realistic chance of promotion. Sara is Premier class, nobody would blame him if an offer came in.

True , but I would blame the club , we took a risk on him and paid good money, he should at least go when we say. 

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Why aren't we Real Madrid? They never sell their best players to bigger clubs.

Just being brentford would of been nice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The club who sold Watkins to Villa, Benrahma to West Ham, Maupay to Brighton and Raya to Arsenal?

For balance those listed players didn’t leave in one season and Raya is on loan to Arsenal. Brentford had a net spend of £55m this summer, something we could only dream about. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The club who sold Watkins to Villa, Benrahma to West Ham, Maupay to Brighton and Raya to Arsenal?

Brentford held on to their star player we sold ours . Brentford beat us to one of our defensive targets,  Brentford have proper investors behind them.  

• Like 2

Good luck to him, staying with us will ony hold back his career.  A shining light in what is a dull set of players, thanks for the brief memories of what is becoming a nightnare season.  Looks like its not going to get any better in the future. 

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Why aren't we Real Madrid? They never sell their best players to bigger clubs.

The selling part isn’t the point though is it? We all know we will sell players. We always have, we always will. All clubs do to some degree.

But, you look at the likes of Brentford and Brighton and you see them selling their players BUT they have a solid recruitment policy and almost always manage to replace them with a new hero. 

We sell our standout players and rarely seem to find adequate similar players to fill their boots even when the gaps are so blindingly obvious and even in cases where we have plenty of warning. For example, we knew Skipp was heading back, we’ve known Pukki was going well in advance of when he actually did. You’d think the club would have a recruitment structure in progress so they would have lists of targets that are perpetually evolving to cover all scenarios. I.e. a proactive recruitment structure. Our recruitment policy seems to be the equivalent off sticking a wanted ad in the freeads!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

For balance those listed players didn’t leave in one season and Raya is on loan to Arsenal. Brentford had a net spend of £55m this summer, something we could only dream about. 

Watkins and Benrahma left in the same summer, and Raya was loaned to Arsenal with an option to buy as an FFP bypass, so he won't be going back.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

The selling part isn’t the point though is it? We all know we will sell players. We always have, we always will. All clubs do to some degree.

But, you look at the likes of Brentford and Brighton and you see them selling their players BUT they have a solid recruitment policy and almost always manage to replace them with a new hero. 

We sell our standout players and rarely seem to find adequate similar players to fill their boots even when the gaps are so blindingly obvious and even in cases where we have plenty of warning. For example, we knew Skipp was heading back, we’ve known Pukki was going well in advance of when he actually did. You’d think the club would have a recruitment structure in progress so they would have lists of targets that are perpetually evolving to cover all scenarios. I.e. a proactive recruitment structure. Our recruitment policy seems to be the equivalent off sticking a wanted ad in the freeads!

It's a little bit unfair to compare us to the obvious exceptions rather than the rule, don't you think? Why not compare us to all the other Championship clubs that sell their best players and fail to get promotion, or does that not fit your narrative?

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

Nailed it. We're like the folk who stand in the checkout at Sainsbury's as their trolley load of stuff goes through then, when the person at the checkout tells them how much it is, looks shocked that they now has to pay for it all and fumbles their way to the bottom of a bag looking for a buried purse or wallet.....whilst everyone else is standing there, armed and ready, debit card in hand....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

..and replaced them with players of equal quality...

2 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

..and replaced them with players of equal quality...

Nobody said they didn't. 

The opening post purely lamented the fact that we sold players to bigger clubs. 

It's a bloody good job Coventry sold us Maddison, York sold us Godfrey and so on, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

You’d think the club would have a recruitment structure in progress so they would have lists of targets that are perpetually evolving to cover all scenarios. I.e. a proactive recruitment structure. Our recruitment policy seems to be the equivalent off sticking a wanted ad in the freeads!

NO NO NO,

Webber told us all that he had a succession plan in place for EVERYBODY, including himself.

Unless promoted, next summer. It's not really that dramatic & unusual.

Both Sara and Rowe will play at a higher level next season, that is patently clear. Hopefully, it's with us.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Watkins and Benrahma left in the same summer, and Raya was loaned to Arsenal with an option to buy as an FFP bypass, so he won't be going back.

It's a little bit unfair to compare us to the obvious exceptions rather than the rule, don't you think? Why not compare us to all the other Championship clubs that sell their best players and fail to get promotion, or does that not fit your narrative?

I don’t have a narrative to fit! Maybe it’s I that doesn’t fit yours?

I’m merely having a moan about how I see things regarding our transfer behaviour. I’m sorry to disappoint but I don’t have an agenda or a narrative to peddle. 

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Great spend by them in the summer though with players they actually wanted to sign. 

6 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

To be fair, you could argue we sorted out Pukki with both Sargent and Barnes. Skipp's an obvious hole that was never quite filled by one player, but  I do wonder if Forshaw is the closest we have.

16 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And still they remain placed well in thePL.

They seems to get the buying and selling right, unlike Mr Webber.

17 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Summer? You’re optimistic.

He’ll be gone by the 2nd January, probably to Luton and as for the replacement, I don’t think it’s coincidence that I saw Peter Mendham knocking about down Carrow Road. 

The only reason I’d go to Luton is to catch a plane

His ability is far beyond Luton who’ll be back with us next season   

6 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

Nailed it. We're like the folk who stand in the checkout at Sainsbury's as their trolley load of stuff goes through then, when the person at the checkout tells them how much it is, looks shocked that they now has to pay for it all and fumbles their way to the bottom of a bag looking for a buried purse or wallet.....whilst everyone else is standing there, armed and ready, debit card in hand....

Should have gone to Aldi

• Like 1

But, you look at the likes of Brighton and you see them selling their players BUT they have a solidrecruitment policy and almost always manage to replace them with a new hero. 

Wasn’t that set up by Chris Houghton initially ?

7 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

There's at least 20 other clubs who'd wish, as a relatively speaking similar size, they'd had the recent recruitment of Brentford. But if you only ever compare yourselves to a singular exception you'll always be disappointed. Might explain why some posters do it.

And we have to remember that even under the despicable Stuart Webber, we were the envy of many for a couple years. 

How did they let proven Howson go and get promoted? No chance now Ryan Bennett and John Ruddy have gone. Now they've sold Josh Murphy. Pritchard too? They'll be lucky to stay in the football league..

Plenty of clubs looked at us with envy as we shifted huge salaried players for good money at times and replaced with the likes of Pukki, Buendia, Stiepermann, Trybull, Vrancic and Leitner. And we had already done some work under McNally (which at the time was ripped to shreds but now he's becoming a favorite again) by doing exactly what happens to us and grabbing talent from then lesser clubs. Maddison, Lewis, Godfrey and Aarons...

We've had a couple poor seasons yet we still have the likes of Rowe and Sara, the latter signed by Webber who's transfer fee alone could cover all the wages and transfer fees currently lost on some poor purchases.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

But, you look at the likes of Brighton and you see them selling their players BUT they have a solidrecruitment policy and almost always manage to replace them with a new hero. 

Wasn’t that set up by Chris Houghton initially ?

The problem is the "likes of Brighton" is only two or three in the country. The rest like us are desperately trying to do the same but if everyone could do it...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

The problem is the "likes of Brighton" is only two or three in the country. The rest like us are desperately trying to do the same but if everyone could do it...

I was only quoting that on the basis that what works for one club doesn’t necessarily for another, and I am sure that poster was a big time critic of Houghton.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

And still they remain placed well in thePL.

They seems to get the buying and selling right, unlike Mr Webber.

Again, I never said they didn't. 

The thread was complaining that we sell our best players to bigger clubs. I think every club in the world does that aside from Barcelona and Real Madrid, and maybe Man City who I can't recall being forced to sell a wantaway player in recent years.