Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The pressure is on.....

So, Leeds come and take a 2 or 3 goal lead in the first half and up 0-2 or 0-3 at half time - CR will become a cauldron of booing, anger and anti-Webber/Wagner chanting. Leeds capitalise on that and in 4 or 5 nil.

Or.....we score first, take the heat out of the game and make a good fist of it, winning, drawing, or narrowly lose.

I wonder which it will be, but there is a lot riding on this game - it has imo the potential to change the course of the season. Win and it gives us all a boost, lose badly and it makes that slight feeling of not being as good as we ought to be much worse. The Farke aspect of the occasion is a big factor too - we definitely don't want him to come and do well against us - but it could happen - Leeds have a bit about them, after all. 

They are all pressure games, but this one has a bit more in it than most! 

It will be neither - a boring 0-0 stalemate as both managers go in with a very cautious set up. The finest display of sideways passing across their own penalty box by both sides. 😉 

Often games like this are 'bigged up' as being a pivotal point in the season, the reality is its still only 3 points for the win whoever gets it.

Personally I don't see a full on Wagner out, Webber out, Delia out, Willie's out, or anything else. That will come in 2 months time 😉

The weather is looking a bit wet tomorrow afternoon so people are more likely to **** off home if Leeds start a rout.

You never know we might get something out the game 😀

I think the risk is that Leeds take the lead and then the fans start chanting Farke's name and cheering him.

I love Farke but that would be real smack in the face for Wagner and the team and another reminder that the gap between the fans and the clubs is getting wider again.... and the club must take action then so we dont go back to the dark days of Dean Smith or even worse Roeder!

55 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So, Leeds come and take a 2 or 3 goal lead in the first half and up 0-2 or 0-3 at half time - CR will become a cauldron of booing, anger and anti-Webber/Wagner chanting. Leeds capitalise on that and in 4 or 5 nil.

Or.....we score first, take the heat out of the game and make a good fist of it, winning, drawing, or narrowly lose.

I wonder which it will be, but there is a lot riding on this game - it has imo the potential to change the course of the season. Win and it gives us all a boost, lose badly and it makes that slight feeling of not being as good as we ought to be much worse. The Farke aspect of the occasion is a big factor too - we definitely don't want him to come and do well against us - but it could happen - Leeds have a bit about them, after all. 

Did you get a ticket Lakey? 

54 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

It will be neither - a boring 0-0 stalemate as both managers go in with a very cautious set up. The finest display of sideways passing across their own penalty box by both sides. 😉 

I would take that right now

Why is a is going to get ugly? This is last season all over again. We are 3 points off third we were expecting mid table or the play offs at best.

It seems the expectation is that to win every game we play in the championship still.

• Like 1

So...

Can I still go on Saturday with hope in my heart? Or is the result already decided.

Will the dark clouds of despair let the sun shine on Carrow Road? Or will be sharing my seat with Babet?

For me It's City to win in the autumn sunshine.

But I'll take a coat just in case...

I agree with LDC; this game could be pivotal to what ultimately happens this season. The whole thing is on a knife-edge. Apart from the obvious 3 points up for grabs, SO much is riding on it for both teams. The outcome is about as predictable as Russian Roulette...

39 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I agree with LDC; this game could be pivotal to what ultimately happens this season. The whole thing is on a knife-edge. Apart from the obvious 3 points up for grabs, SO much is riding on it for both teams. The outcome is about as predictable as Russian Roulette...

I also think it could be pivotal tomorrow but for a different reason. I actually think we could scrap a draw and yet again Wagner would be given more praise by the blinkered and more time by the weak inadequate board. 
whilst I always want a win and tomorrow is no different a drubbing by our old manager in front of our home fans couldn’t surely be ignored by the powers that be. 

we are going nowhere under Wagner, never will, his ideas are limited and outdated. He must go before we can ever start to rebuild our status in this league.

Tomorrow might show us if that will happen soon or as so often when it is to late in the season to matter.

If Leeds win, no doubt after the game Lakey will be on here fawning over his great love Farke and what a mistake it was to let him go for the millionth time! 

16 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

If Leeds win, no doubt after the game Lakey will be on here fawning over his great love Farke and what a mistake it was to let him go for the millionth time! 

I will be very disappointed if we lose, end of.  As for Leeds and Farke, their performance will be an indication of their pedigree this season. It's going to be a very interesting match - I just hope we turn up and give it a good go. If we do, we have a good chance of winning, as Leeds are not the complete Farkeball package yet and can be vulnerable at the back. The need for the famed Wagner high pressing game is paramount imo - and its not always there, so lets see what happens.....

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Oh do be quiet you big drama queen. Leeds 3 up at half time. We have had far more 'difficult times' with ex managers returning. Lambert and the binners. Given you do not attend games you have no idea of the response or how the amosphere is, so stop posting ill informed, speculative nonsense, to get attention. The Cambridge boy gives us enough of that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rock bus said:

I think the risk is that Leeds take the lead and then the fans start chanting Farke's name and cheering him.

I love Farke but that would be real smack in the face for Wagner and the team and another reminder that the gap between the fans and the clubs is getting wider again.... and the club must take action then so we dont go back to the dark days of Dean Smith or even worse Roeder!

I can see that happening the snakepit and others will love giving in back to Webber if leeds win well 

3 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I also think it could be pivotal tomorrow but for a different reason. I actually think we could scrap a draw and yet again Wagner would be given more praise by the blinkered and more time by the weak inadequate board. 
whilst I always want a win and tomorrow is no different a drubbing by our old manager in front of our home fans couldn’t surely be ignored by the powers that be. 

we are going nowhere under Wagner, never will, his ideas are limited and outdated. He must go before we can ever start to rebuild our status in this league.

Tomorrow might show us if that will happen soon or as so often when it is to late in the season to matter.

BEATING LEEDS COULD RELEGATE US!!!

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

In the away end

I'm not sure even Leeds fans deserve Lakey, mind you his cheering for Farke might endure him to them.

4 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I'm not sure even Leeds fans deserve Lakey, mind you his cheering for Farke might endure him to them.

We will have to put up with him if we lose

• Thanks 1

I can see where Lakey is coming from.

It's mid October. We're 7th. Our home results have been excellent. Even our one home defeat came against the league leaders, and we still competed well in that game.

We should all take a long hard look at ourselves and think about what we've done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

Oh do be quiet you big drama queen. Leeds 3 up at half time. We have had far more 'difficult times' with ex managers returning. Lambert and the binners. Given you do not attend games you have no idea of the response or how the amosphere is, so stop posting ill informed, speculative nonsense, to get attention. The Cambridge boy gives us enough of that.

I've been to many many games and know exactly what the atmosphere can be like, thanks very much. I was at the 1-7 and many times since, I've been to games where the atmosphere can be fantastic, but equally those where the crowd is apathetic, tense, angry - that is the beauty of going to games, each one is different. 

The worst match for atmosphere I've been to was a Friday night game a few years ago, I think it was against Bristol City where the crowd were so quiet is was weird.  I've been when the atmosphere has been so tense it was unbelievable - like the 1-0 win against Birmingham near the end of the season in the year we were struggling in the PL (2012?). Plenty of home wins where the atmosphere's been great.  Plenty of away games too.  Living so far away, it's difficult to get to many home games now, but don't tell me I don't know what i'm talking about - I don't know how old you are, but if you are young, I might even have been to more games than you. If you are older, then maybe you should have learned to show some respect to a fellow supporter by now.

Edited by lake district canary