Sign in to follow this  
skittles

This pathetic Love in for Farke

2 hours ago, skittles said:

Because you don’t like what I said you label me a troll?!! Check my start date on here before commenting. Oh and little under a week before his return you bed wetter. 

Ooh an insult! I’m deeply hurt. Why not crawl back under the rock you clearly emerged from?

22 hours ago, skittles said:

He does all the post match bull crap to the Leeds fans with what was his Snake pit love in. It’s like a lot of Norwich fans have some beta male cuckold with dirty Leeds fans. Get a grip on Saturday like me and the family will. And hate on dirty Leeds. 

Gotta say, that beta male cuckold line didn't fully register with me the first time. Priceless. 😆

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not really fair. The connection was very genuine and what would you expect him to do to bring Leeds fans onside from day one. 

I think we need to remember he didn’t walk out on Norwich but was sacked in a quite unpleasant way

You think so? I’d say it was quite ordinary. What was extraordinary was that we had kept him for so long. At 99% of other clubs, particularly Premier League clubs, he wouldn’t have lasted till the end of the first PL season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Very good. Egyptian count high thread count luxury? Pah!

"Egyptian count high thread count luxury" is too much for pillow talk, but I'll try it with Alan Partridges wife.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

"Egyptian count high thread count luxury" is too much for pillow talk, but I'll try it with Alan Partridges wife.

I’ve not even had a drink

23 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’ve not even had a drink

Wine plans: Plans to enjoy among wineries and vineyards | Rimontgóimage.jpeg.99a9707d45c1bf8aa92b7feb5fb409b4.jpeg -

Consent now or forever hold your peace.

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1

On 14/10/2023 at 22:01, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah i mean all this love in for Farke when everybody knows it was Webber who got us two promotions.

There was me thinking it was just cause we had Buendia we got those promotions 😂

12 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

You think so? I’d say it was quite ordinary. What was extraordinary was that we had kept him for so long. At 99% of other clubs, particularly Premier League clubs, he wouldn’t have lasted till the end of the first PL season.

I certainly do. The manner of the sacking and added humiliation of Farke doing a post match interview after the win was poor. He should have been told when the board decided to give him the boot, they were cowards. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I certainly do. The manner of the sacking and added humiliation of Farke doing a post match interview after the win was poor. He should have been told when the board decided to give him the boot, they were cowards. 

Agree. I think even the most ardent Happy Clapper would admit that wasn't our finest moment!

It's also the reason Farke will be happy to put one over us to help make sure we stay in the Championship. 

In the end I suspect it will largely be like any other game except for a few fleeting moments of appreciation. Any additional reaction from our fans will be down to how our players perform, not Farke.

I'm pretty sure Farke will show us some love, nothing wrong with holding a connecting with someone outside of business decisions that someone else has made.  I'm really not a fan of this corporate guy mentality, imagine disliking someone as -your- company sacked them.  It's odd, cliquey and a bit elitest in my mind.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Doesn’t make it n the best in my opinion though. 

Yep , that is fine . For me , we played our best football and our most successful time was with Sutton, fox etc . But I felt the whole club was more together with farke. 

19 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Farke's great strength is abilty to connect with people.  To say that it is just a modus operandi is to belittle it into some kind of technique that he uses, rather than what it is - a genuine character trait that people rally to. There are very few of these kind of people about and we wasted the opportunity to keep him.

He's not perfect, no-one is, but our loss is Leeds gain - and he is obviously working in the same way as he was with us - because that is the person he is - he brings people together.   Of course, as we've seen, anyone that threatens to spoil that is given short thrift, as with Oliveira, Leitner and others - and he will have issues with that at Leeds and ultimately whether he wins those battles will govern how long he lasts there. At BM, I would guess he never got to grips with the egos there, but Leeds have approached his appointment in the right way to get the best from him.

And he will do well if he gets them to the PL -  because he will be given enough resources to do the job, unlike with us.

It isn't designed to belittle him- the fact it works so well is a testament to how likable he is as a manager. I imagine if Dean Smith tried something similar he would have just appeared to be pandering. It just wasn't unique though- he clearly believes it is very important to have the fans onboard and thus will do these somewhat performative gestures to make it work. 

21 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

99% of other premier league clubs wouldn't have given their manager a 5 million budget after coming up. 

16 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

99% of other premier league clubs wouldn't have given their manager a 5 million budget after coming up. 

Maybe but that’s completely irrelevant to the point I was making. Sacking a “manager” without warning and at an apparently inappropriate time happens frequently in the Premier League (and lower leagues, look at Birmingham).

Now if you want to have a separate debate about budgets, knock yourself out, but I have doubts there’s a lot more to be said on the matter. Ultimately we spent what we could afford, which is my preference. Obviously it would have been nice to have more, but we didn’t.

On 15/10/2023 at 15:10, sgncfc said:

Farke gave us 2018-19; the best season in my 60 odd years of supporting this club. For that I will always love him. But we all know he's got no idea how to manage a club in the EPL, so getting his Leeds team there will be an interesting watch. I'd rather he took second place than the scum so we can beat them again in the playoffs.

Wait, you prefer winning a second tier competition over a premier league title race campaign and playing in Europe? Lambert getting a patchwork quilt of nobodies to finish mid-table in the prem? (the competition above the championship, as it seems a lot of people have forgotten this so I feel the need to remind) 

This Farke thing is bonkers. He was a one-note manager with no plan B and couldn't make a sub to save his life. I daresay, if not for Buendia and Pukki, Farke would not have seen anywhere near the success he had here. I know there were other effective players during his tenure, but those two (especially together) were a cut above anything else in the championship at that time.

The top table is really where managers sink or swim, and we all know how well Farke did there.

Edited by non-scoring strikers
  • Like 1

The Premier League title race was fun but we didn't win it - when we needed to show up against Man Utd at home, we didn't. The games in Europe were fun but we didn't win it. Lambert's first season was fun but apart from the effervescent Holt and a couple of others, the football was effective rather than free-flowing. Never before did we play the football, with the kind of sprit and connection, so frequently that we played under Farke in that first title winning season. Almost every game was a joy.

Saying "if not for Buendia and Pukki" is a bit silly. If not for Holt and Hoolahan. If not for Huckerby. Every team has stand out players - if not for Rowe and Sara we would be in the bottom 3. That team also had several other players who contributed massively - Krul, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Godfrey, Zimmermann, Lewis, etc. 

Farke doesn't have a Buendia or a Pukki at Leeds - let's see where they finish.

Football doesn't begin and end in the premier league - that league is the outlier; the vast majority of football across the world is in a better shape and more interesting to watch than anything in the premier league. Just because it has the most money doesn't make it the "best" league, just the most financially rewarding.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Maybe but that’s completely irrelevant to the point I was making. Sacking a “manager” without warning and at an apparently inappropriate time happens frequently in the Premier League (and lower leagues, look at Birmingham).

Now if you want to have a separate debate about budgets, knock yourself out, but I have doubts there’s a lot more to be said on the matter. Ultimately we spent what we could afford, which is my preference. Obviously it would have been nice to have more, but we didn’t.

So all we could ever afford was a championship budget buying championship players at best , of which he won it twice,  but you are surprised he wasn't sacked before. I think it was the problem with fans wanting him sacked , they forgot what we are, a mid championship club. 

• Like 1

On 15/10/2023 at 10:24, hogesar said:

With facts? Whatever helps you sleep at night Til.

Now that my friend, wasn't a nibble or a bite, that was a CHOMP

• Haha 1

On 14/10/2023 at 22:53, TIL 1010 said:

Shocked that you of all people responded in the way only you can.

Shocked to see you gripping hold of your rod so vehemently and being as pleased as punch to be a troll... but there you go.

• Haha 1

To judge managers who had to a Championship budget, worse than that in 2019/20, whilst in the Premier League against World class players is really quite bizarre. 

I don't think that Leeds squad is all that, doesn't have the weapons we used to have and is not great defensively.

I'm more concerned with getting to the Premier League in the first place. Gut instinct tells me it won't be with Wagner.

It will be a very interesting test for both managers. It's still possible neither will keep their job by the end of the season!

On 15/10/2023 at 19:47, Commonsense said:

Ooh an insult! I’m deeply hurt. Why not crawl back under the rock you clearly emerged from?

Quality, perhaps an argument to what I said but then again you don’t have the intelligence to debate.  Please block me weird little man. 

8 hours ago, skittles said:

Quality, perhaps an argument to what I said but then again you don’t have the intelligence to debate.  Please block me weird little man. 

Another insult. You really are the modern day equivalent of Einstein aren’t you?

On 14/10/2023 at 21:16, skittles said:

He does all the post match bull crap to the Leeds fans with what was his Snake pit love in. It’s like a lot of Norwich fans have some beta male cuckold with dirty Leeds fans. Get a grip on Saturday like me and the family will. And hate on dirty Leeds. 

I don't want to know what you and your family do sounds like Ipswich vibes.

Daniel farke was the single best manager of the.modern era and was nothing but classy on Saturday.

Rather than being a prize plum you should be questioning why Webber used him as a fall guy and the fact he should still be our manager.

Point your venom in the right place 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Another insult. You really are the modern day equivalent of Einstein aren’t you?

16 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

An insult, please block me weirdo

12 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Daniel farke was the single best manager of the.modern era and was nothing but classy on Saturday.

Rather than being a prize plum you should be questioning why Webber used him as a fall guy and the fact he should still be our manager.

If you want to throw insults about me and my family around I suggest you Pm as you want to get personal it seems. 

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Not sure who you’re addressing. Troll back to where you’ve been got the last 10 years

Troll😂. Bet you still use the word hipster. Weird little person

8 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

When farke left the club any class we had went with him. Unfortunately Webber was given a free role by the owners so they have to take a share of the blame. Webber takes credit upto the day he sacked Farke so poorly,  it was their plan and their vision,  he should of resigned and excepted if farke had failed he had. Since that day we have no plan , no forward vision, we are digging a hole deeper and deeper.  We have been spun lies on our financial position for the last 2 years , the club spins things and webbers outbursts to me were deliberate to distract from the truth.  Delia doesn't want to hand over to the wrong people, unfortunately she should of been told 2 years ago they had all become the wrong people. All their morals and class went the night they sacked Farke.  

• Thanks 1

On 15/10/2023 at 18:53, Sufyellow said:

They were good , but we did get relegated the milk cup year. The third was good as well but no trophy and nothing to celebrate,  was that also the season we got to the fa Cup semi final? Winning the first championship with Farke had everyone on board and was totally unexpected.  

Lamberts was more unexpected IMO, definitely seems a lot of recency bias with Farke. They were great seasons but personally I enjoyed the Lambert wild upward ride at the time more, he just really soured everything by being a bit of a ****.

The greatest trick Webber has achieved is convincing so many people we hadn’t achieved much recently before his arrival despite the glaringly obvious factual evidence to the contrary.