23 minutes ago, Herman said:

Getting a deserved kicking this second half.

Incredible some of you chaps manage to make it out of bed in the morning.

Great result, and well deserved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

Incredible some of you chaps manage to make it out of bed in the morning.

Great result, and well deserved.

I've watched two rugby games now, sober, so I class myself as a bit of an expert. You should listen to people like me.😂

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Well, Fiji appear not to have turned up and the referee is giving everything to England so far, that yellow looks very harsh.

I would say that the way that head contact has been judged this tournament he was lucky that it wasn't upgraded to red! (Though a red would have been very harsh but a yellow was justified)

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I've watched two rugby games now, sober, so I class myself as a bit of an expert. You should listen to people like me.😂

Who understands rugby anyway? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

Who understands rugby anyway? 

I had to play rugby at school (emphasis on the “had to”, very hard to make 30 disinterested 13 year-olds make much of a game) for four years, and have watched the Six Nations and World Cup ever since. I still have no ******** idea of the rules. Offside in rugby makes football offside look like noughts and crosses. Thinking about it, that’s probably why no-one disagrees with the ref, he’s making it all up as he goes along.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I had to play rugby at school (emphasis on the “had to”, very hard to make 30 disinterested 13 year-olds make much of a game) for four years, and have watched the Six Nations and World Cup ever since. I still have no ******** idea of the rules. Offside in rugby makes football offside look like noughts and crosses. Thinking about it, that’s probably why no-one disagrees with the ref, he’s making it all up as he goes along.

They tried to give us a few lessons at school, but all we did was pass the ball about and not really much else so my flying full body tackle into this other kid didn't go down so well.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Even New Zealand must be a bit worried watching this. France are another level.

Hang on…

Surely there’s not going to be a better game than this in the tournament? (Watch now I’ve said that l as both teams spend the second half in a massive ruck on the halfway mark for 40 minutes.)

I could never play rugby and didn't at school but I was quick. Joined the Rotal Navy and got told I was playing rugby for establishment. Voiced my concerns but told " you're quick just get the ball and run" . Scored a hat trick of tries and never played again. Forest Gump wasn't even out then but looking back that's how I would of felt. Great game last night and again tonight

4 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

These QFs have been brilliant. Can’t call France/Australia. 

You are watching the wrong game.

I thought I understood the rules but it seems not. Sometimes having your hands round someone's throat/headbutting them/jumping on top of them is OK. Sometimes not it seems...

(not this game in particular. Just a general observation)

I've always loved the refereeing. He explains to the captain. They respect his decision and get on with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Good luck England. You'll need it 🤣🤣

I'd rather we get hammered by South Africa than France.

At least we can get our own back in the cricket world cup....... ???

15 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Weekend totally f*****d up now

Just what I was thinking when they got that try - knew they would go on to win it

All about territory and SA brought on the muscle to get them up the pitch, even if just for a few minutes is all it needed. England did well to get that close to SA, far better than I thought they would. As a neutral though you probably wouldn't have thought that was a great game to watch. Hopefully the Final will be better.

No expert of rugby , but I recognise total commitment when I see it, last night both England and South Africa, showed that!

I would be proud to buy them all a beer and the ref !

• Like 1

Yeah. Everyone on that pitch gave it their all. When they came off they all looked absolutely done. That's all I ask.  The result wasn't what I wanted but I because of that I'm not too upset.

It's a shame there's that 3rd/4th place game to come. The game in any sport no one wants to play!