Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Where is Hoggy?

I think we need more Hogesars. As a happy clapper myself, I agree with him most of the time, and I like the way he shoots down the miserablists in a rather blunt manner. I often think it, but I'm too much of a pacifist to do it myself.

Sure, he does sometimes go a bit too far with his defence of what is tough to defend at times, but he's still a refreshing antidote to some of the crap we see on here.

• Like 3

I’m a hoggy fan. I’m also a DCB critic. I think the guy is the least supportive supporter I’ve ever seen. Literally sees a crisis at every turn and in the OP describing our form as ‘relegation’ is so woefully wrong it’s embarrassing. We have had a couple of games playing poorly, and far more playing well. It coincides with injuries to key players and an unfortunate lack of depth. We are not title contenders, neither are we relegation fodder. Take a day off or just watch something where your doom mongering can be satisfied more regularly, like the weather forecast in Orkney or something 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think we need more Hogesars. As a happy clapper myself, I agree with him most of the time, and I like the way he shoots down the miserablists in a rather blunt manner. I often think it, but I'm too much of a pacifist to do it myself.

Sure, he does sometimes go a bit too far with his defence of what is tough to defend at times, but he's still a refreshing antidote to some of the crap we see on here.

Completely agree. Whilst certainly not a 'happy clapper' myself, sometimes I feel it is relevant to look at the whole picture concerning NCFC and not just isolated issues or individual games etc.  

22 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Where is Hoggy to tell us we are all rotten sods if we dare criticise the board, manager or team and to reassure us we are actually fantastic and all is well despite being in obvious relegation form? 

I used to think you are a twit, your post confirms you in fact are a twit (substitute the "I" for an "a").......

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

@essex canary  take note.

Have I commented particularly on Hoggy or Idah or anyone remotely similar? Maybe Smith or Webber but I am far from alone in that context.

Neither would I comment negatively on match officials which has been a feature on here. They have a hard job and earn far more modestly than many others in football who are far from efficient or effective themselves.

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

Have I commented particularly on Hoggy or Idah or anyone remotely similar? Maybe Smith or Webber but I am far from alone in that context.

Neither would I comment negatively on match officials which has been a feature on here. They have a hard job and earn far more modestly than many others in football who are far from efficient or effective themselves.

Told you..... idiot. The individual that at you make threads about is yourself. Self awareness not one of your strong points?

Not forgetting ZW of course. 

22 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Told you..... idiot. The individual that at you make threads about is yourself. Self awareness not one of your strong points?

Not forgetting ZW of course. 

Awareness of the public is not one of the Club's strengths. I received a post match survey for a game I didn't attend last week. Where does the buck stop?

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Awareness of the public is not one of the Club's strengths. I received a post match survey for a game I didn't attend last week. Where does the buck stop?

That will happen unless you tell the club, for example by way of putting the seat on buyback, that you are not attending. Perhaps you did that.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

That will happen unless you tell the club, for example by way of putting the seat on buyback, that you are not attending. Perhaps you did that.

My season ticket was not scanned at the ground last Saturday so it is clear that I wasn't there so why despatch a survey? 

They do however go to the trouble of blocking a buy back option on my account simply because my seat is based on my shareholding rather than paid for each season. All that really achieves is denying someone else the right to attend should the demand exist which at £36.50 casual price last week it almost certainly didn't.

14 minutes ago, essex canary said:

My season ticket was not scanned at the ground last Saturday so it is clear that I wasn't there so why despatch a survey? 

They do however go to the trouble of blocking a buy back option on my account simply because my seat is based on my shareholding rather than paid for each season. All that really achieves is denying someone else the right to attend should the demand exist which at £36.50 casual price last week it almost certainly didn't.

I think the club should make their business model around your likes, and all the other fans follow suit.

I somehow doubt you'd be happy then either......

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I have been sent a survey when I haven't attended without making the seat available for a buyback. Your season ticket may not have been scanned but equally it won't have been deactivated, as happens with buybacks. That is probably what is gone on. In any event hardly a great issue.

But if you are banned from the buyback scheme, then there is another option you can go for, which I have used this season. Which is to make one's seat available to a charity scheme helping people who otherwise could not afford a ticket to see a match. You just need to make your seat available three or so days before the match. This would seem perfect for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Hogesar ,

our relationship on the forum is very much like my relationship with my Accountant ,

do not like what he says to me or tells me sometimes ,

but in the i end up agreeing with him and think he has a point ,

and he has often the facts in front of him and i do not !! 

Don't worry mate, I hate accountants too 😉 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I have been sent a survey when I haven't attended without making the seat available for a buyback. Your season ticket may not have been scanned but equally it won't have been deactivated, as happens with buybacks. That is probably what is gone on. In any event hardly a great issue.

But if you are banned from the buyback scheme, then there is another option you can go for, which I have used this season. Which is to make one's seat available to a charity scheme helping people who otherwise could not afford a ticket to see a match. You just need to make your seat available three or so days before the match. This would seem perfect for you.

I suspect there are many people who would struggle to afford a match. Then again they may be able to afford to pay something and may themselves take offence at 100 per cent charity.  Why shouldn't our Community Club properly cater for them whilst at the same time being fair to those who have made the initial financial outlay?

15 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

15 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’m a hoggy fan. I’m also a DCB critic. I think the guy is the least supportive supporter I’ve ever seen. Literally sees a crisis at every turn and in the OP describing our form as ‘relegation’ is so woefully wrong it’s embarrassing. We have had a couple of games playing poorly, and far more playing well. It coincides with injuries to key players and an unfortunate lack of depth. We are not title contenders, neither are we relegation fodder. Take a day off or just watch something where your doom mongering can be satisfied more regularly, like the weather forecast in Orkney or something 

To be fair, this isn't the first time there's been a thread calling me out so it's not just a DCB issue. Unless it was him last time, which to be fair there's pretty good odds on.

I've also had PM's with weird physical threats generally based on the fact that I'm pretty supportive of the current owners or whatever. I've always willingly replied with my season ticket location and seat number but none have bothered to say hello yet, as is the world of the internet.

What most on here don't know is when I first started posting on here things were quite different. I was probably about 15 years old and I actually joined the likes of Smudger in protesting against the owners on one or two occasions. 

But I was 15, and immature. I decided to actually do some reading and research on what's involved in running a football club in the wider economic world, the difficulties, what's happened at other clubs, the quick-changing financial level that football is now involved in and realised I was being a spoilt, bratty little teenager.

So for me I do sometimes react quite bluntly when fully grown adults clearly haven't bothered to do what I started doing as a teenager and, well, learn.

Then again, we saw fully-grown adults from Birmingham storm a restaurant and throw their excessive weight around. I'm really hoping their two combined brain-cells didn't take a bit of damage from falling over one another. Maybe that's the level we're dealing at sometimes...

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I suspect there are many people who would struggle to afford a match. Then again they may be able to afford to pay something and may themselves take offence at 100 per cent charity.  Why shouldn't our Community Club properly cater for them whilst at the same time being fair to those who have made the initial financial outlay?

Rather than guessing to try and suit your own selfish agenda, you should probably ask those who have benefitted from the charitable option Purple discusses. I've not seen any of them take offence and instead be incredibly grateful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Christ boy, give it a rest. Do th decent thing and put your ticket up for charity, especially as its a priviledge and cant be resold (i hope this upsets you as much as it amuses me). Your 'man of the people ' act is about as genuine as Boris.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I try not to get personal, but to regard yourself as equally in need as fans who have otherwise no hope of attending matches is taking blinkered self-obsession to an extreme.

19 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I try not to get personal, but to regard yourself as equally in need as fans who have otherwise no hope of attending matches is taking blinkered self-obsession to an extreme.

As this thread seems to testify, I'll happily do it for you. Essex, stop being a selfish tw*t.

🙂

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

He really is either stupid or belligerent...or both. Anyone with a few bob...as he claims to have, should not be pretending to care about those who havent. Fake concern and misjudged issue raising just makes them look petty. Do summat Ethics, or just shut up. I dont have any qualms about getting personal with a shoite stirring Gollum like him.

39 minutes ago, essex canary said:

FFS……can’t you just give your ticket away ?

It must be so depressing constantly worrying that you’ve been ‘ done over ‘ financially. I know money is accountants bread and butter but being obsessed about every last penny must be a very miserable existence indeed.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Nothing to do with equality of need. Simply that a process such as I engaged in with a recent concert ticket purchase of buying a last minute ticket at 75 per cent of the face value serves the purpose of all parties. Something comparable could easily exist.

The charitable initiative clearly isn't working in filling the seats.

58 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don't worry mate, I hate accountants too 😉 

My accountant is fantastic but you just have to argue with them ! ( i do not know why ) ,

then they tell and you advise you with facts  and then everything is fantastic and you agree again !! ,

bit like you with Gibson ,

Posters ........Gibson drop him ,he is rubbish , he makes mistakes etc 

HOG .. he has better stats than Duffy 

Poster .... Ah Ok keep Gibson then Drop Duffy he is terrible ,he is rubbish ,to many Mistakes 

Ha !

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

FFS……can’t you just give your ticket away ?

It must be so depressing constantly worrying that you’ve been ‘ done over ‘ financially. I know money is accountants bread and butter but being obsessed about every last penny must be a very miserable existence indeed.

Sad indeed. i almost,but not quite, feel sorry for him. the more you covet money, the worse the state of your mind. He has unfortunately fallen into a very common trap of confusing money with happiness.....which in itself is trasnsient, like form. whereas contentment, like class, is more permanent. i would assume from his panicked style, that he also fears meeting his maker. much as the greedy man drowns because of the gold coins in his pocket weighing him down. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

As this thread seems to testify, I'll happily do it for you. Essex, stop being a selfish tw*t.

🙂

If you have an objective viewpoint perhaps you can appreciate that at times people of middle income or middle wealth are trampled upon by the likes of on one hand those who exploit international borders to avoid paying taxes and on the other some of the cadgers who seek freebies. 

38 minutes ago, essex canary said:

If you have an objective viewpoint perhaps you can appreciate that at times people of middle income or middle wealth are trampled upon by the likes of on one hand those who exploit international borders to avoid paying taxes and on the other some of the cadgers who seek freebies. 

Oh FFS Essex - Read the room - No one cares or is interested. 

DO ONE! 

Usually the "cadgers that seek freebies" are those who do the exploiting of international borders. They're certainly the ones that cost a lot of money.

Unemployment benefits cost the UK government about £3bn per year. A conservative estimate of what tax evasion costs runs at ten times this. And the likes of Richard Murphy say that as HMRC has relatively lax rules for calculating such figures, the real cost could be higher still.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

What most on here don't know is when I first started posting on here things were quite different. I was probably about 15 years old and I actually joined the likes of Smudger in protesting against the owners on one or two occasions. 

But I was 15, and immature. I decided to actually do some reading and research on what's involved in running a football club in the wider economic world, the difficulties, what's happened at other clubs, the quick-changing financial level that football is now involved in and realised I was being a spoilt, bratty little teenager.

So for me I do sometimes react quite bluntly when fully grown adults clearly haven't bothered to do what I started doing as a teenager and, well, learn.

Then again, we saw fully-grown adults from Birmingham storm a restaurant and throw their excessive weight around. I'm really hoping their two combined brain-cells didn't take a bit of damage from falling over one another. Maybe that's the level we're dealing at sometimes...

Similar backstory to me really.

I held up a 'Worthy Out' sign at that Burnley game, but I would've been about 16 at the time, and I realise now that it was all a little silly.

As I've matured, I've realised that the Premier League is nowhere near big enough for every club that thinks it should be there, and that by maintaining ourselves as a yo-yo club for the best part of 20 years we have actually done extremely well and been more successful than most clubs our size. 

I accidentally (honest) clicked on DCB's profile the other day and noticed he signed up here in 2004. That must mean he's at least mid-30s, which did take me aback somewhat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Usually the "cadgers that seek freebies" are those who do the exploiting of international borders. They're certainly the ones that cost a lot of money.

Unemployment benefits cost the UK government about £3bn per year. A conservative estimate of what tax evasion costs runs at ten times this. And the likes of Richard Murphy say that as HMRC has relatively lax rules for calculating such figures, the real cost could be higher still.

And those of us in the middle pay for all of it. Shocking! Then again the complacency amongst many on here demonstrates why they get away with it.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

And those of us in the middle pay for all of it. Shocking! Then again the complacency amongst many on here demonstrates why they get away with it.

I agree, we're far too complacent when it comes to holding politicians to account on how they intend to get to grips with tax evasion. Instead, the dull-witted kick down instead of up.