Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Where is Hoggy?

I’m always happy to read balenced views, and those that see the wider picture. Always hated the moaners from my introduction to the Riverend circa 1970. 

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

To be fair, this isn't the first time there's been a thread calling me out so it's not just a DCB issue. Unless it was him last time, which to be fair there's pretty good odds on.

I've also had PM's with weird physical threats generally based on the fact that I'm pretty supportive of the current owners or whatever. I've always willingly replied with my season ticket location and seat number but none have bothered to say hello yet, as is the world of the internet.

What most on here don't know is when I first started posting on here things were quite different. I was probably about 15 years old and I actually joined the likes of Smudger in protesting against the owners on one or two occasions. 

But I was 15, and immature. I decided to actually do some reading and research on what's involved in running a football club in the wider economic world, the difficulties, what's happened at other clubs, the quick-changing financial level that football is now involved in and realised I was being a spoilt, bratty little teenager.

So for me I do sometimes react quite bluntly when fully grown adults clearly haven't bothered to do what I started doing as a teenager and, well, learn.

Then again, we saw fully-grown adults from Birmingham storm a restaurant and throw their excessive weight around. I'm really hoping their two combined brain-cells didn't take a bit of damage from falling over one another. Maybe that's the level we're dealing at sometimes...

Then again, we saw fully-grown adults from Birmingham storm a restaurant and throw their excessive weight around. I'm really hoping their two combined brain-cells didn't take a bit of damage from falling over one another. Maybe that's the level we're dealing at sometimes...

I was hoping we could get a few of us to attack their  Hobbycraft store in the return fixture. Seems from this comment you're interested? 

• Haha 1

On 05/10/2023 at 20:09, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think we need more Hogesars. As a happy clapper myself, I agree with him most of the time, and I like the way he shoots down the miserablists in a rather blunt manner. I often think it, but I'm too much of a pacifist to do it myself.

Sure, he does sometimes go a bit too far with his defence of what is tough to defend at times, but he's still a refreshing antidote to some of the crap we see on here.

Agree with every word of this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Agree with every word of this. 

Seconded. Hear Bollix , call Bollix. 

Blunt is good, chroisht,  if Hoggo was less restrained in his measured responses..... imagine  the whining of the quarter wit moaners. If he could be bothered he'd be able to verbally dissect  them.  I admire his self control. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Thanks 1