mastoola

Adam "Ronny Rosenthal" Idah?

I feel sorry for him (despite the 5 year contract and many many chances to prove himself) - he came through as a massively exciting young prospect in a side that was flying under an all-time great club manager. He understandably never got a sniff really under Farke. All of a sudden we expect him to score the goals and lead the line like a top-class Championship striker? The lad never earned his chops. 

• Like 2

The lad finally has a decent game against Birmingham and is promptly dropped to the bench. No wonder he's struggling with confidence and missing easy chances. I think Wagner is equally to blame for that howler.

• Like 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

The lad finally has a decent game against Birmingham and is promptly dropped to the bench. No wonder he's struggling with confidence and missing easy chances. I think Wagner is equally to blame for that howler.

Even the sunshine's on a dogs aris once in its life

Should have started tonight, manager knocked his confidence again. Header wasn't as easy as it looked, ball came in really hard, even Shearer would have struggled to get that on target.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

Even the sunshine's on a dogs aris once in its life

Scored two v Plymouth and plays well v Birmingham.

Gets dropped.

The sun shone on Wagner when he was at Huddersfield. To date, it has not shined on him since.

• Like 1

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

If you didn’t hate him, he wouldn't head over from a yard. 

Oh im sure he would

1 minute ago, daisy said:

Should have started tonight, manager knocked his confidence again. Header wasn't as easy as it looked, ball came in really hard, even Shearer would have struggled to get that on target.

I beg to differ, there's a reason Shearer became an all time great and I'm sure he wouldn't have missed an empty net from all of 2 yards 

Been Said so many times on here .

soon as Sarge was Injured and we knew how long we should get a goal scorer in ,

of course the DOF should be planning for this all the time what if xyz gets injured who can we get etc 

our first choice was Hwang !!!! ,

that is the problem we had a bit of money from Andy O ,and kept it !

ok that was done late but we could of said we will buy xyz if it goes through ,

Forward planning is what was needed but the only planning Webber was doing was which job he is going to next 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mastoola said:

There must be someone to replace him????  try a youth player   cant be worse ffs

At least Rosenthal hit the bar with his miss

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Been Said so many times on here .

soon as Sarge was Injured and we knew how long we should get a goal scorer in ,

of course the DOF should be planning for this all the time what if xyz gets injured who can we get etc 

our first choice was Hwang !!!! ,

that is the problem we had a bit of money from Andy O ,and kept it !

ok that was done late but we could of said we will buy xyz if it goes through ,

Forward planning is what was needed but the only planning Webber was doing was which job he is going to next 

Hwang cannot have been out first choice!!!

Just now, raunds canary said:

If he was then we need a massive overhaul of our scouting system

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

i know more rubbish fed to us 

Edited by norfolkngood

4 minutes ago, mastoola said:

I thought Springet was great tonight  Surely we have a young striker that needs a chance?

Wagner will play Gibbs there next Game 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Wagner will play Gibbs there next Game 

Then hopefully he will play springet at stiker

Probably the worst miss since Sargent's against Brighton but that was worse. Whatever happened to Josh?

Should never have been dropped in the first place.

Bored of the continuing Idah-excusers.

"He needs a run of games" or "he needs more confidence".

What else? The manager didn't call him a good boy before the game and pat him on the head?

He's not good enough to be a regular starter at Champs level and I see no evidence that, even if he did, he'd be anything thing more than a 10 goals a season striker.

The fact that we're relying on him to lead the line (albeit through injuries) speaks volumes about where we are currently.

• Like 1

Idah isn't quite as terrible as many of you would have us believe, but he isn't really good enough to be the second choice striker for a team with aspirations of promotion. The problem is that he hasn't played enough first team football to develop over the last few seasons and he's out of his depth in the role he's being asked to fulfill right now.

I think scoring that hat-trick against Preston was the worst thing to happen for his development because it prematurely put him on the fringes of our first team when he really needed a season or two out on loan at a lower level. Consequently he's always been fighting for a place against obviously superior players and only getting a few minutes on the pitch. It's unsurprising that he isn't quite there yet.

I don't agree that he had a good game against Birmingham; he got into some good positions but his touch was poor and on several occasions what could have been great attacks broke down with him failing to pick the right pass or dwelling on the ball. The worst one was where we had a 2 on 2 breakaway and Idah seemed to be treading water rather than sprinting into the space so that two further defenders were able to get back.

Ultimately he's getting an unreasonable amount of stick because he's not the player we need him to be. We were spoilt for years with Pukki who was one of the best Championship strikers ever. We really needed to push the boat out and get someone of a higher standard this summer. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, mastoola said:

There must be someone to replace him????  try a youth player   cant be worse ffs

Clueless Op!    It’s all so easy isn’t it.    That cross was uncontrollable.     Clever idea from Platcheta but not the execution.   If Adam wasn’t in the right position to at least get his head on it, you wouldn’t have even noticed.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Clueless Op!    It’s all so easy isn’t it.    That cross was uncontrollable.     Clever idea from Platcheta but not the execution.   If Adam wasn’t in the right position to at least get his head on it, you wouldn’t have even noticed.

He done well to miss.

I would like to see some of you unfit pie eating jabba jaws (fingers) play football.
I reckon it would be comical. 

End of the day, back Idah or you can support them high fliers down the road. 
He will come good in the same way they will fizzle back down to earth spent like a cheap firework.

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I would like to see some of you unfit pie eating jabba jaws (fingers) play football.
I reckon it would be comical. 

End of the day, back Idah or you can support them high fliers down the road. 
He will come good in the same way they will fizzle back down to earth spent like a cheap firework.

so how long do you back him?

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Until Barnes and Sarg are back 😉

so then we are fooked 😄   but hey!  give a chance to a youth player?

Edited by mastoola

5 minutes ago, mastoola said:

so then we are fooked 😄   but hey!  give a chance to a youth player?

But who?
We shifted most of them on (Omotoye etc)