mastoola

Adam "Ronny Rosenthal" Idah?

As ever, he needs a loan to L1 club where he can play every week and develop if he's going to. Then if it works out and he becomes the striker that Wagner seems to think he is then everybody wins. If not, at least he can find his level and we can maybe recoup some of his value. Obviously this is now a moot point until at least January, but it's crazy that we didn't find a replacement in the summer after yet another season of false starts. But then, with the finances where they are, maybe we didn't have a choice. 

"Rocket" Ronnie Rosenthal was a cult hero with many Spurs fans.

My Spurs supporting friend adored him.

Mind you he was the one who said, when accompanying me on a trip to Brum and fitting in a game between the two Cities at St. Andrews, "That centre forward of yours seems useful."   

The player he was talking about was non-other than Keith Scott (who just happened to head a goal confounding my reply that he was "a carthorse.")

I'd prefer Rosenthal to Idah any day, but it would be a toss up between the latter and Keith Scott.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Rocket" Ronnie Rosenthal was a cult hero with many Spurs fans.

My Spurs supporting friend adored him.

Mind you he was the one who said, when accompanying me on a trip to Brum and fitting in a game between the two Cities at St. Andrews, "That centre forward of yours seems useful."   

The player he was talking about was non-other than Keith Scott (who just happened to head a goal confounding my reply that he was "a carthorse.")

I'd prefer Rosenthal to Idah any day, but it would be a toss up between the latter and Keith Scott.

Ah good old Keith Scott (the footballer, not the poster) I seem to remember someone shouting "Keith Scott was a football genius" at one Iwan Roberts during a dismal defeat to Oxford at the Manor Ground. Oh for a Iwan-type striker right now.....

Placheta did brilliantly to get the cross in, but it came at Idah like a rocket. Had he been a couple of feet further back he might have stood a chance of putting some direction on to the ball, but he wasn't, and can't be blamed for having (commendably) got into the box for the chance. It was pure physics that explains the miss, not a lack of skill.

Watching Luton vs Spurs, I can’t help comparing Idah to Carlton Morris.
Commentators singing Morris’s praises as he is causing havoc in the Spurs defence. When do we ever say that about Idah … and that’s in the Championship let alone the Prem!