Not as angry as the fans are that that muppet is still in the job, and his mate still at our club 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Not as angry as the fans are that that muppet is still in the job, and his mate still at our club 

What a totally stupid comment, but par for the course.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great he's angry. Not sure what else he could have said.

If he's moaning about the reaction after the first goal it begs the question why he allowed us to go 4-0 down before he changed anything. That's the response I'm angry about.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

What a totally stupid comment, but par for the course.

The stupidity is thinking that Wagner is of any use to us. He proved at the end of last season he wasn’t. He’s proving it again. We need rid. His contract is short and rolling. It’s not difficult. 

Edited by S_81
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The stupidity is thinking that Wagner is of any use to us. He proved at the end of last season he wasn’t. He’s proving it again. We need rid. His contract is short and rolling. It’s not difficult. 

Yup, showing your level-headedness as per.  I don’t recall you saying this after Huddersfield, Southampton etc.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yup, showing your level-headedness as per.  I don’t recall you saying this after Huddersfield, Southampton etc.

Happy clapper. 

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Believe me - I’ve wanted him gone since last season. I gave him ten games this year. I’ve said so on here. At a better run club he wouldn’t have got this summer. 

A draw against Southampton isn’t much of a result, so I don’t know what you’re crowing about. 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why would we? We were playing OK. Now we have had as many bad games. Tell us what hasgonewrong if you are so level headed and balanced? Because it isn't the fans who sang their hearts out today.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m of the opinion Wagner with the backing could be a very good coach for us, he’s very knowledgeable and has the right mindset, but when the club sells 30 million of its best talent and replaces it with six aging journeymen it must be difficult!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m of the opinion Wagner with the backing could be a very good coach for us, he’s very knowledgeable and has the right mindset, but when the club sells 30 million of its best talent and replaces it with six aging journeymen it must be difficult!

His CV suggests largely otherwise re the first point made 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Both times he was hit with injuries to be fair, and has the likes of Sainz, Barnes and Sarge all out, who he had looked to build around.

I think our current issues are more down to the concerns many had in regards to squad depth, and on that front people need to focus higher up the chain.

We've been really unlucky to lose both starting forwards in a matter of weeks, and based on the results before that he deserves to be given a little more slack (imo).

Just now, Google Bot said:

Both times he was hit with injuries to be fair, and has the likes of Sainz, Barnes and Sarge all out, who he had looked to build around.

I think our current issues are more down to the concerns many had in regards to squad depth, and on that front people need to focus higher up the chain.

We've been really unlucky to lose both starting forwards in a matter of weeks, and based on the results before that he deserves to be given a little more slack (imo).

The injuries of course haven’t helped him. And he is undoubtedly working with a limited squad and an ownership unable/unwilling to invest further. But Wagner still makes some very poor tactical decisions, is welded to one way of playing, and is very unable to change a game. Despite the limitations on the bench. 

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

The thing is, it’s an easy ride and easy money for a manger, there is no pressure as the owners are so passive. You don’t go into the Norwich job thinking omg look a the tens of millions that have been spent on players I have got to succeed or I will be sacked within 6 months. Managers (Smith) and now Wagner have such an easy ride….look at the results at the end of last season, what other club would do nothing after such an abysmal run? We have turned in turned into a safe haven for any manager who wants to earn a few bob whilst failing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I think it's deeper than the shortage up front. Watched a couple of games(tv) with a top manager and he quietly has reservations. Although he said he doesn't know the internal dynamics. 

I think the reaction from the fans this afternoon showed that scratch below the service there isn't a huge amount of goodwill there.

I didn't want him in the first place so I'm pretty ambivalent whether he stays or goes and as mentioned a 12 month rolling contract means we aren't talking millions to get shot of him.

He was badly let down by the players today, but he picked them and decided on the system so the buck stops with him.

Lose at home to Birmingham I think it will be the turning point.

Well according to Zoe Webber in her interview it was “unacceptable“ that we lost 7-0 away to Chelsea and Farke had to go because of it. I’d be incredibly worried for my position after losing 6-2 at Plymouth…

Edited by Virtual reality

9 minutes ago, S_81 said:

But Wagner still makes some very poor tactical decisions, is welded to one way of playing, and is very unable to change a game. Despite the limitations on the bench. 

He strikes me as someone who goes 'all in' on his philosophy and refuses to change on that.  That will ultimately be his downfall if this continues.

The problem is Hwang and Idah are nothing like a suitable replacement for Sarge and Barnes, and Rowe seems to have lost his explosivenes. As a result we just have very little going forward.

I just don't know if that stubbornness makes him tactically inept or is just indicative of his character.

• Like 1

I was concerned at his interview although its never acceptable to publicly slate your players. That should be done behind closed doors. However, there are ways and means of making clear your dissatisfaction. While he said a couple of sound bites about feeling sorry for the fans etc, in general his response was far too passive for my liking. The Lord Mayor was far more forthright.  

This is the point Wagner has to start to earn his money. He’d built the team around the attributes of Barnes and Sargent, unfortunately we’ve now lost both for a length of time so he has to try and find a new system to tide us over until the new year.

Realistically this isn’t going to see us score the amount of goals we were at the start of the season, as I don’t think Idah and Hwang are as good as those we have lost, so we may have to settle with packing the midfield and being being harder to beat for a while and grinding out draws and the odd win. If he can keep us close to the playoffs until those two are back in the side I’ll be happy personally, though too many performances like today would obviously soon see that slip away. 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why would we? We were playing OK. Now we have had as many bad games. Tell us what hasgonewrong if you are so level headed and balanced? Because it isn't the fans who sang their hearts out today.

The point is that I haven’t gone on about how everything was wonderful when we were winning, and nor will I moan endlessly about everything when we aren’t.  I’ve been going to games regularly for 45 years and have seen more losses than wins in that time.

It’s often a fine line between a good and bad run - scoring or conceding a late goal or whatever.  Today clearly was unacceptable, they played well for ten minutes and then fell apart - imo to an offside goal, but that’s a moot point now.  It obviously shouldn’t have happened but it is how they respond that’s key, not supporters whingeing on a message board about how they knew we were going to do crap all along.

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 hours ago, S_81 said:

Believe me - I’ve wanted him gone since last season. I gave him ten games this year. I’ve said so on here. At a better run club he wouldn’t have got this summer. 

A draw against Southampton isn’t much of a result, so I don’t know what you’re crowing about. 

I’m crowing about nothing, merely pointing out how some people are totally silent when we win, yet overly negative after every defeat.  It’s odd.

• Like 1

Listening to Wagner speak after the match .he did not sound to angry to me , it sounded  more like oh thats terrible and now all forget it and move on talk

18 hours ago, S_81 said:

And who pray tell steps into the role?

Now our biggest mistake was still firing farke, replacing him with Smith and then firing Smith about a year later than we should have.

Wagner imho still has some time left. Now unless you have a realistic replacement shush and get behind the team.

The real test is the next game. 

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

And who pray tell steps into the role?

Now our biggest mistake was still firing farke, replacing him with Smith and then firing Smith about a year later than we should have.

Wagner imho still has some time left. Now unless you have a realistic replacement shush and get behind the team.

The real test is the next game. 

The arrogance of you telling people to shush. Get fu(ked