Sign in to follow this  
slaphead

Webber Wages

Just got my proposal regarding the latest share issue.I could not believe that Mrs Webber has a salary of £425.000.00 pa .But will increase to £525.000.00 should the share vote proposal go through.plus she will receive a 100% ie £525.000.00 gross if we are promoted to the premier.Plus like her husband ,is on a running yearly contract .Not bad income for a club without money.What ever is the total income in that home yearly worth.Mr Webber must be on at least £750.000.00 pa. Unbelievable no wonder football is in a state.

3 hours ago, slaphead said:

Just got my proposal regarding the latest share issue.I could not believe that Mrs Webber has a salary of £425.000.00 pa .But will increase to £525.000.00 should the share vote proposal go through.plus she will receive a 100% ie £525.000.00 gross if we are promoted to the premier.Plus like her husband ,is on a running yearly contract .Not bad income for a club without money.What ever is the total income in that home yearly worth.Mr Webber must be on at least £750.000.00 pa. Unbelievable no wonder football is in a state.

= c£14,500 per week. How many players in our squad earn that much? Difference is the players can get paid that much for only training and having Saturdays off.

No wonder football is in a state.

It's getting much easier to accept the trope that the Webber's are a couple who've got their claws into a pair of octogenarians and have proceeded to bleed the club dry.

I don't know who the heck they are, but the Professional Football Scout Association has the average EFL Sporting Director salary at between £70,000 and £200,000. I suspect both Webber's would p*ss themselves at reading that.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, slaphead said:

Well said. Be prepared for some abuse though from the crazy gang on here.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It's getting much easier to accept the trope that the Webber's are a couple who've got their claws into a pair of octogenarians and have proceeded to bleed the club dry.

I don't know who the heck they are, but the Professional Football Scout Association has the average EFL Sporting Director salary at between £70,000 and £200,000. I suspect both Webber's would p*ss themselves at reading that.

Although of course, they've made us much more money back and according to Attannassio been vital in attracting his interest and retaining it.

Oh and it appears Webber, despite all the stupid accusations thrown about him over the past few months, hasn't been ignoring us and helping Leeds but instead has made another set of very good recruitment decisions to reinforce the Sara transfer last season.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

= c£14,500 per week. How many players in our squad earn that much? Difference is the players can get paid that much for only training and having Saturdays off.

No wonder football is in a state.

You can't compare to players , most can be sold for millions.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Although of course, they've made us much more money back and according to Attannassio been vital in attracting his interest and retaining it.

Oh and it appears Webber, despite all the stupid accusations thrown about him over the past few months, hasn't been ignoring us and helping Leeds but instead has made another set of very good recruitment decisions to reinforce the Sara transfer last season.

You mean deficit loan funding after they have had their wages though the latter point could be fair.

Edited by essex canary
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You have to remember Hoggy, these people are well meaning amateurs running a football club like a dolls house. After quarter of a century doing it, there are fans and shareholders (do these people have shares?) that have a FAR better concept of what represents value for money than the people who have vastly more money at stake and the folk that they’ve invested valuable resources in.

Apparently, this “power couple” have manipulated THE “power couple” into paying them more than they are worth. Nobody else is or was consulted, Stuart brought a decent Chablis round for a roasted poussin and basically wrote his and hers contracts for the family.

Made up titles and overlooking Old Catton under 10s or something do not qualify you to run a football club or be some sort of all-seeing advisory capacity. Smacks of self-importance and jealousy.

You generally pay for what you get. We want best in class (that we are in), are there any obvious alternatives that would be cheaper and more successful? (GO GO GOOGLE FINGERS)

And how much more was McNally on by the way? He was a bloke though… 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You have to remember Hoggy, these people are well meaning amateurs running a football club like a dolls house. After quarter of a century doing it, there are fans and shareholders (do these people have shares?) that have a FAR better concept of what represents value for money than the people who have vastly more money at stake and the folk that they’ve invested valuable resources in.

Apparently, this “power couple” have manipulated THE “power couple” into paying them more than they are worth. Nobody else is or was consulted, Stuart brought a decent Chablis round for a roasted poussin and basically wrote his and hers contracts for the family.

Made up titles and overlooking Old Catton under 10s or something do not qualify you to run a football club or be some sort of all-seeing advisory capacity. Smacks of self-importance and jealousy.

You generally pay for what you get. We want best in class (that we are in), are there any obvious alternatives that would be cheaper and more successful? (GO GO GOOGLE FINGERS)

And how much more was McNally on by the way? He was a bloke though… 

I was very critical re McNally too especially re his £367,000 bonus in a relegation season and £1 million plus send off after resigning to a 17 year old fan so no misogynist outlook on my part. Of course people shouldn't be able to speak up on anything unless it concerns sausage rolls and even then they are mocked,

What we got from Mrs. Webber recently is an explanation of how our Sporting Director job has one of the most extensive remits in the country. What we didn't get though is why we then need another unbelievable salary as enjoyed by Mrs. Webber to tell us that and also provide overall Vision and Strategy which is surely the remit of the Sporting Director. Typical doubling up.

Edited by essex canary

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Do you think they do the same job?

Everything at Carrow Road is doubled up apart from the share price. Not sure about the sausage rolls. 

The financing of the ITV bailout quoted at £4 million but in reality £2 million. Stu's AGM reference to the Brentford owners loan quoted at £130 million but in reality £65 million. The cost of my proposal of £1 voucher value per share held for each minority holder per season quoted, by a club SMT member, at £300,000 but actually less than £150,000. Supporter Engagement meetings.

An American Mr. Chase Mark 2 is the only game in town for a solution. Perhaps keep Stu as he has had a learning curve and is showing signs of progress as long as the price is his missus.    

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

EFL average will include League One and Two clubs, so they should be judged against Championship averages. Even with that said, £70k - £200k seems incredibly low and I'd debate that stat.

In any case if you were leading a business worth tens of millions of pounds a year and all the pressure and stress that brings, you wouldn't do it for £70k a year, I'm sure of that.

For context, Scott Duxbury at Watford who perfoms the same/very similar role for a comparative team earns £1m pa. I don't think the salary is a big shock for a business with turnover over 100m a year, particularly when you consider the added stress of it being so publicly facing and for someone as highly respected in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Canary said:

For context, Scott Duxbury at Watford who perfoms the same/very similar role for a comparative team earns £1m pa. I don't think the salary is a big shock for a business with turnover over 100m a year, particularly when you consider the added stress of it being so publicly facing and for someone as highly respected in the game. 

Is his missus employed there on the same? Could have a weekly contract at Watford.

Just now, essex canary said:

Is his missus employed there on the same? Could have a weekly contract at Watford.

You are truly pathetic mate.

I can't work out what you have against Zoe personally, it's either jealousy of her pay, or because she's a woman? Maybe a bit of both perhaps.

Either way it's very sad. And certainly boring. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Watford FC have their own dedicated gardening leave facility.

You're at your least amusing when you are being so obsequious ...and trying to amuse....a failed fool. 

Stick to your usual shtick of sticks , shmuck.

WE are so very fortunate to have Stu an' Zoe at the club.....I bet our other members of the NCFC Board (and some of their devout disciples on this 'ere forum) are very concerned of losing Stu an' Zoe to our competitors and are frantically swatting away approaches, tawdry tapper uppers and other impressed and interested more successful clubs (and businesses)....Like they're wasps around a picnic....

Mark me wurdz, Zoe an' Stu are destined for really much better things when they sadly depart this good ship Carra....I think?....

(That's my opinion, so now that makes it a full-house, I assume?)....

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Can anybody explain to me why MA is a clone of Robert Chase as stated by our resident buffoon ?

It is because he says so? So we must agree....

He is a shareholder too, just in case you missed that part! 😉 

Edited by Greavsy

7 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

WE are so very fortunate to have Stu an' Zoe at the club.....I bet our other members of the NCFC Board (and some of their devout disciples on this 'ere forum) are very concerned of losing Stu an' Zoe to our competitors and are frantically swatting away approaches, tawdry tapper uppers and other impressed and interested more successful clubs (and businesses)....Like they're wasps around a picnic....

Mark me wurdz, Zoe an' Stu are destined for really much better things when they sadly depart this good ship Carra....I think?....

(That's my opinion, so now that makes it a full-house, I assume?)....

We are now getting bailed out by an investor and have just got in roughly 25 million from player sales to run the club. They have done a few things well and a few things bad , they are average. They fit the club and I think this will be the hight of their careers. 

1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

We are now getting bailed out by an investor and have just got in roughly 25 million from player sales to run the club. They have done a few things well and a few things bad , they are average. They fit the club and I think this will be the hight of their careers. 

We're a well ruin club....

It’s sad isn’t it! A fan buys a few shares back twenty years ago to help fund a team they supposedly love and now believes he should be treated as a board member!

The Webbers have overseen two promotions and a takeover, they invited the club’s supporters to buy into the loan system to upgrade Conley and made fans money by doing so! Your beef with Zoe is really pathetic, she’s a valued employee and is rewarded so by the club who employs her! It’s not for you to keep shouting about it on here your few share’s doesn’t give you the right to look like a sexist! Do you work Essex or retired?

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s sad isn’t it! A fan buys a few shares back twenty years ago to help fund a team they supposedly love and now believes he should be treated as a board member!

The Webbers have overseen two promotions and a takeover, they invited the club’s supporters to buy into the loan system to upgrade Conley and made fans money by doing so! Your beef with Zoe is really pathetic, she’s a valued employee and is rewarded so by the club who employs her! It’s not for you to keep shouting about it on here your few share’s doesn’t give you the right to look like a sexist! Do you work Essex or retired?

He's a bean counter, but other people's beans.  Wonder if they are green, like him? 

Just now, Greavsy said:

He's a bean counter, but other people's beans.  Wonder if they are green, like him? 

If he’s employed then questions should be asked to why he’s on here during the working day! Surely he’s not doing his job while whining on a forum! I don’t think he’s worth his salary! Sexist and jealous of those in high positions! Sad as it’s really not relevant what she earns if she’s doing the work she’s paid to do by the club.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

If he’s employed then questions should be asked to why he’s on here during the working day! Surely he’s not doing his job while whining on a forum! I don’t think he’s worth his salary! Sexist and jealous of those in high positions! Sad as it’s really not relevant what she earns if she’s doing the work she’s paid to do by the club.

He's male, so it's allowed. 

Zoe should be picking the kids up, shopping and getting Stus tea on......

• Haha 1

On the face of it, these sums sound high for the roles, then you read the comments here, some reasonable ones and they can sound justified.  Football is bonkers and these sums are generally out of proportion with what should be reasonable for the roles, even if they are comparative to some other clubs.    Are these figures the going rate?

Be interesting to have read this debate last April or May!!!    Suspect anything over £30K would have been outrageous, there certainly wouldn't have been much generosity to either of them like there is at the moment.   Just saying! 

Given our experiences this past 5 years, its been very 'hit and miss' but ultimately the club is in a much better position in most areas than when they arrived.   They have contributed significantly so is that worth the £5-6m in cumulative wages?    You'd have to say yes!