Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Kasey Palmer

Interesting, is that lazy because of wagners previous links?  A false no 9 replacement perhaps.

Doubt he’s on £10k a week at Coventry so wages wouldn’t be a problem. A player who has injury issues mind but ok for £2/3m tops. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

If that's genuine, you would expect there to be movement in our midfield department wouldn't you? 

As it stands: McLean, Sara, Nunez, Gibbs,  Forshaw, Sorensen. 6 into two is excessive though it does give us options.

I wonder if they feel they need direct competition for Sara and McLean? Jury still out on Nunez perhaps? Gibbs to be loaned out? Does Sorensen really offer much other than being a brilliant jack of all trades on the bench?

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

If that's genuine, you would expect there to be movement in our midfield department wouldn't you? 

As it stands: McLean, Sara, Nunez, Gibbs,  Forshaw, Sorensen. 6 into two is excessive though it does give us options.

I wonder if they feel they need direct competition for Sara and McLean? Jury still out on Nunez perhaps? Gibbs to be loaned out? Does Sorensen really offer much other than being a brilliant jack of all trades on the bench?

Coventry fans mentioning McCallum going the other way, I guess they’d want a few quid too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

It's not two though is it. With Sargent likely out it's 6 into 3. And if you look at it like that, who plays in the advanced position?

A gibbs or nunez loan would seem likely, 

Makes me feel we should have gone after krystian bielik after all.

Would be a nice addition if the price is right

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's not two though is it. With Sargent likely out it's 6 into 3. And if you look at it like that, who plays in the advanced position?

Idah takes Sargent's role, and we then assume that Sargent is out for a long period.

Even then, we have Rowe who can cover there as he has already shown when he pulls inside and runs the middle channel - see his goal on Saturday.

We'll have to see. If we add without losing a player I will be shocked. Forshaw makes sense as both he and Sorensen are defensively minded. I'm not sure we need both for how we are playing though. 

A classic number 10. Probably a backup bench option and not a regular player. Was once deeemd to have a bright future but has gone on to do nothing special. Decent at a championship level. Would be just ok.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

41 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Interesting, is that lazy because of wagners previous links?  A false no 9 replacement perhaps.

If Fabrizio is reporting it then there's definitely something in it, the one journalist you can never accuse of laziness is him.

• Like 4

Not had good numbers since he was very young with Wagner at Huddersfield.

But he has always stood out a bit when we've played them so maybe with better players around him?

Cov only signed him permanently last season, wonder what sort of price we are looking at?

12 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

The pinkun were also adamant that we were signing nobody once Max Aarons left. Since then we’ve signed three players.

they'll say what theyre told to say.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Nunez? Off barnes maybe

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Paddy Davitt confirming nothing in this.

Palmer didn't seem a like-for-like replacement anyway. But Davitt isn't yet saying we won't be going for anyone. Waiting for an assessment of the damage and whatever steer he then gets from the club. Wagner's initial "we are pretty well covered line" was not definitive.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Palmer didn't seem a like-for-like replacement anyway. But Davitt isn't yet saying we won't be going for anyone. Waiting for an assessment of the damage and whatever steer he then gets from the club. Wagner's initial "we are pretty well covered line" was not definitive.

True.

Have you started to change your mind on Sargent yet? He looks capable of a 20 goal season or thereabouts in my book.

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

True.

Have you started to change your mind on Sargent yet? He looks capable of a 20 goal season or thereabouts in my book.

Deleted!

Edited by PurpleCanary

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

True.

It is hardly fair that you remember my posts! My point has been that he is not a natural goalscorer, but on reflection I do think he is crucial to how we play, and we missed him when he went off.

Actually the post I am dreading being dredged up is my pre-season complaint that Rowe seemed to have a Hernandezesque ability to go down dead ends!

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is hardly fair that you remember my posts! My point has been that he is not a natural goalscorer, but on reflection I do think he is crucial to how we play, and we missed him when he went off.

Actually the post I am dreading being dredged up is my pre-season complaint that Rowe seemed to have a Hernandezesque ability to go down dead ends!

Haha, I just wondered! 

As for Rowe, it was the Kings Lynn friendly when I turned to a friend and said "there's something special there"

Of course, said friend cannot remember any such phrase uttered from my mouth!

26 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

They say confession is good for the soul:

"Really we would like to see Sainz start. I think he has been earmarked for the creativity role. As for Rowe, I am no judge of players but he looks to have a bit of a Hernandezesque penchant for blind alleys."

•  
  • Like 1