RobJames

Welcome to the Championship, binboys

The reality is, by their own admission, the binners were fortunate in their previous three games.. And Leeds had hardly set the world alight - 2 points from 3 games.

Yes the clubs might have been in the PL and LI but the squads are not the same. Well, Leeds to be precise. Look how many players they have shed. How many of the usual starting line up in the PL were playing today ? Rather than having a bit of luck, it was some dodgy refereeing at S'oton that stopped us from being top tonight, with maximum points.

I cannot remember when we last let in four goals at home in a Championship game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/ipswich-town-vs-leeds-united/484743

An own goal and a crap back pass do not make for any attacking threat. Leeds carved open the binner defence with ease They won't be the only club able to fill their boots against the binners.

The binners may have Chaplin, but signing Norman Wisdom (Williams) will not patch up that keystone kops defence. A long, grim season lies ahead for our comical cousins down the A140.

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You.wont be upper mid echelons

Early post promotion adrenalin and luck has run out

Lower- mid table beckons

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You.wont be upper mid echelons

Early post promotion adrenalin and luck has run out

Lower- mid table beckons

Ok well let’s see , we need a striker and maybe one more defender this week on loan and we will be fine , £100 charity bet that we finish higher than mid table ? 

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

The reality is, by their own admission, the binners were fortunate in their previous three games.. And Leeds had hardly set the world alight - 2 points from 3 games.

Yes the clubs might have been in the PL and LI but the squads are not the same. Well, Leeds to be precise. Look how many players they have shed. How many of the usual starting line up in the PL were playing today ? Rather than having a bit of luck, it was some dodgy refereeing at S'oton that stopped us from being top tonight, with maximum points.

I cannot remember when we last let in four goals at home in a Championship game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/ipswich-town-vs-leeds-united/484743

An own goal and a crap back pass do not make for any attacking threat. Leeds carved open the binner defence with ease They won't be the only club able to fill their boots against the binners.

The binners may have Chaplin, but signing Norman Wisdom (Williams) will not patch up that keystone kops defence. A long, grim season lies ahead for our comical cousins down the A140.

How much did the Leeds squad cost to assemble? £50-£80million I don’t know but a lot they paid £10m for one player alone only last week , on their day if they get it right they will beat anyone in the league. 

I would still back us to finish ahead of you (interestingly so do the bookies still) 

I'll wait until I see the highlights tonight before writing them off as they do have goals in them. I actually tuned into their game this afternoon having been frustrated by the worst dodgy stream for a City match this season. For the ten minutes or so I watched Leeds were pounding them and had them on the run, but 1p5wich still managed three goals.

DF's tactics can sometimes result in leakage at the back as we know from experience, so perhaps it was a game of two fairly poor defences.

Edited by BroadstairsR

28 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

They were well beaten today, Leeds gifted them two with awful defending and the keeper made some good saves in the second half so it could easily have been much worse.

Well beaten ? Lol a one goal loss In a game that we had more possession , more shots and more corners than them ? You really love twisting reality don’t you ? McKenna felt we were the better side today personally I felt Leeds deserved to edge us out but considering the disparity in the cost of the two squads we have to Be very encouraged about what lies ahead this season 

3 minutes ago, clblue said:

How much did the Leeds squad cost to assemble? £50-£80million I don’t know but a lot they paid £10m for one player alone only last week , on their day if they get it right they will beat anyone in the league. 

I would still back us to finish ahead of you (interestingly so do the bookies still) 

King Keano made that mistake, then boggered off rather than pay his dues to charity. Perhaps you are also him as you seem to revel in not paying debts

2 minutes ago, clblue said:

Well beaten ? Lol a one goal loss In a game that we had more possession , more shots and more corners than them ? You really love twisting reality don’t you ? McKenna felt we were the better side today personally I felt Leeds deserved to edge us out but considering the disparity in the cost of the two squads we have to Be very encouraged about what lies ahead this season 

I was at the game, Leeds had more shots on target and you were overrun time and again. Everyone around me and on the train home said this was the expected reality check after three wins on the bounce. If it was so close why did a large portion of the crowd leave well before the end? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

King Keano made that mistake, then boggered off rather than pay his dues to charity. Perhaps you are also him as you seem to revel in not paying debts

I seem to revel in not paying debts ? Lol to my knowledge I don’t have any debts outside of my mortgage so not sure what you know that I don’t ?

Just now, DraytonBoy said:

I was at the game, Leeds had more shots on target and you were overrun time and again. Everyone around me and on the train home said this was the expected reality check after three wins on the bounce. If it was so close why did a large portion of the crowd leave well before the end? 

Yes I was there also , why on earth were you there? Lol bit odd would never find me even step foot in Norwich as a place (unless we are playing there) let along go to one of your games 

did you not notice that we were camped in their half for almost all of the second half ? Our goalkeeper was nearly on the half way line for chunks of the second half , they scored a 4th goal on the break as we were committing everyone forward.

Talking about crowds how did it feel to see a big crowd ? 29,600 the type of attendance you could but only dream about 

5 minutes ago, clblue said:

Yes I was there also , why on earth were you there? Lol bit odd would never find me even step foot in Norwich as a place (unless we are playing there) let along go to one of your games 

did you not notice that we were camped in their half for almost all of the second half ? Our goalkeeper was nearly on the half way line for chunks of the second half , they scored a 4th goal on the break as we were committing everyone forward.

Talking about crowds how did it feel to see a big crowd ? 29,600 the type of attendance you could but only dream about 

Leeds are my first love with Norwich close behind and Ipswich is only 40 minutes away on the train, it was also easy to get a ticket which will be rare this year.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, clblue said:

We are limited by our ground capacity you tool. And it certainly wasn’t 29,600 by the 85th minute and being 4-2 down. That’s the trouble with the new crowd you’ve just acquired. They’re only in it for the wins, be interesting to see whether they stick around.

• Like 2

It is astonishing - the first season in 20 where the binmen might have a bigger average gate, despite the ground having been c3k larger in all that time…yeah, so much to be proud of there, suddenly finding 10000 glory-hunting supporters is great.

49 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Their club don’t pay debts so it’s no surprise their fans don’t either is it?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, clblue said:

Probably because he's a Leeds fan genius :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is this the guy they had wave a giant flag like he was going to war? Think an all white flag would have been more fitting

Wait, that picture with the flag wasn't a Photoshop by some tinker on here?!?

1 hour ago, clblue said:

I seem to revel in not paying debts ? Lol to my knowledge I don’t have any debts outside of my mortgage so not sure what you know that I don’t ?

Well I know you were full of beans about not paying debts when you last posted on here and you don't seem to have grown up any...

2 hours ago, clblue said:

Hmmm

Screenshot_20230826_222641_bet365.jpg

Screenshot_20230826_222631_bet365.jpg

Just got back from a very good Thai restaurant in the Fine City. Thought I’d pop on to have a quick read.

I also considered signing  into a rivals forum for the first time in 5 years. Then I remembered that I’m not a complete tösser with nothing better to do , so I won’t . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

You bragged about ITFC not paying their debts in your first ever post on here.

You were actually bigging up all the success you were going to have with Marcus Evans in charge. 

Hopefully you're just as optimistic this time round and it goes just as well for you.

• Like 2

They don't. Their odds are set by the money placed. Not any thought on their part. Just as when you numpties all piled on Harry Redknapp being your next manager. He never was, but the odds dropped to evens because the idiots of suffolk thought the bookies had 'insider information' 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

They don't. Their odds are set by the money placed. Not any thought on their part. Just as when you numpties all piled on Harry Redknapp being your next manager. He never was, but the odds dropped to evens because the idiots of suffolk thought the bookies had 'insider information' 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Of course they aren’t. Otherwise when the markets opened you’d be able to back Man City at the same price as Luton to win the Premier League. That’s what odds compilers are for.

but considering the disparity in the cost of the two squads we have to Be very encouraged about what lies ahead this season 

A comment I don't remember you lot mentioning when it took you two seasons to get out of LI after the Yanks lent you some money.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You bragged about ITFC not paying their debts in your first ever post on here.

You were actually bigging up all the success you were going to have with Marcus Evans in charge. 

Hopefully you're just as optimistic this time round and it goes just as well for you.

I actually thought clblue was gracious until Nigel dug up his previous post. Now I’m like “nah”. I hope they capitulate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Of course they aren’t. Otherwise when the markets opened you’d be able to back Man City at the same price as Luton to win the Premier League. That’s what odds compilers are for.

The bin boy was not talking about when the book was first opened, but as the odds are now. Do try to keep up, old fellow.

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

The bin boy was not talking about when the book was first opened, but as the odds are now. Do try to keep up, old fellow.

RobJames new to the forum, starting to make a name for himself… :  D

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

It’s still not weight of money that’s altered the odds, it will be an algorithm determining “probability”. We win, they lose, odds are adjusted accordingly. There won’t have been a sudden queue outside Bill Hills waiting to lump their hard-earned on us to win the league.

But, y’know, **** the scum **** anyway. Don’t know why he’s on here spouting his ****, ****ing idiot reckons he won’t even set foot in Norwich (a far classier and historic place than Ipswich and we know how they like their history) the ****ing scum supporting **** stain. 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

It’s still not weight of money that’s altered the odds, it will be an algorithm determining “probability”

The algorithms are heavily weighted towards amounts staked. If I dropped a million on Norwich to win the title with William Hill, the odds would drastically shorten almost instantly, but only William Hill's.

I genuinely don't know why Ipswich have had such short odds, even before a ball was kicked. It must be driven by our irrationally optimistic neighbours wasting their hard-earned (more likely ill-gotten) cash on betting Ipswich go up. No algorithm based on previous results and squad capability alone would have them top 6.