dylanisabaddog

Today's other games

Bournemouth Spurs first up. I know it's lunchtime and it's on TV but there are a lot of empty seats. It's against Spurs FFS. No wonder they don't bother with a new stadium. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see Max. 

James Maddison already looking good at Spurs

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Maddison is having a superb game 

He was an injury doubt prior to the game too I thought Id heard. 

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Maddison is having a superb game 

He really was a bargain at £40million.

1 minute ago, ec-p said:

He really was a bargain at £40million.

Yep, I suspect that if he wasn't such an insufferable twonk  he would have been signed by a top  four club , for lots more. 

Having a good game today . 

Got it on in the background, every time I look up Maddison is at the heart of everything good happening, can't say I've noticed Aarons at all, but like I say not 100% paying attention 

Can see Spurs making the top four this season, provided they find a better striker than Richarlison. 

Spurs looking better than they have for a couple of seasons and Maddison is one major reason for that, he's been top class.

My (very) second team Tottenham, that is if I have one. With us now Chumps they'd be my preference in the PL, and as I said are looking good.

There is an argument to suggest that the absence of and reliance upon Harry Kane for so long might actually have given them a new dimension and be of benefit. Strange to say, but comparisons might also be made with Pukki at City. We now seem more full of goals than we have for some time, with the ones that we are scoring being of greater variety.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Spurs looking better than they have for a couple of seasons and Maddison is one major reason for that, he's been top class.

My (very) second team Tottenham, that is if I have one. With us now Chumps they'd be my preference in the PL, and as I said are looking good.

There is an argument to suggest that the absence of and reliance upon Harry Kane for so long might actually have given them a new dimension and be of benefit. Strange to say, but comparisons might also be made with Pukki at City. We now seem more full of goals than we have for some time, with the ones that we are scoring being of greater variety.

"There is an argument to suggest that the absence of and reliance upon Harry Kane for so long might actually have given them a new dimension and be of benefit"

Sounds like us and Pukki

11 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I have 2 friends who are big Spurs fans and like seeing them do well.

Kane is probably the best in the world at what he does but they look so much better without him. The only one that doesn't convince me is Richarlison. It might help if he looked like he gave a damn. 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Kane is probably the best in the world at what he does but they look so much better without him. The only one that doesn't convince me is Richarlison. It might help if he looked like he gave a damn. 

Richarlison is a decent player but there's no doubt but he has his issues. Clearly rather hot headed and quick tempered and has been known for some behind the scenes drama from time to time. If he gets his head on right he could be great but how many players have we said similar about in the past?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Bournemouth Spurs first up. I know it's lunchtime and it's on TV but there are a lot of empty seats. It's against Spurs FFS. No wonder they don't bother with a new stadium. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see Max. 

James Maddison already looking good at Spurs

11,000 capacity(or so) and there are empty seats. They can only be STs holders not turning up. Very odd. Can't make it v Spurs and you don't know anyone who would want a ticket ?

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"There is an argument to suggest that the absence of and reliance upon Harry Kane for so long might actually have given them a new dimension and be of benefit"

Sounds like us and Pukki

Well read.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Richarlison is a decent player but there's no doubt but he has his issues. Clearly rather hot headed and quick tempered and has been known for some behind the scenes drama from time to time. If he gets his head on right he could be great but how many players have we said similar about in the past?

Whilst his on-field persona certainly comes across this way, he is supposed to be a very good egg off the pitch, giving a lot of time and money to charity and good causes.

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's that hamster on his head distracting him. It suffers from urinary incontinence.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sounds like us and Pukki

Amazing. The most @cambridgeshire canarypost of all time.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's happened quite a lot in the past, where teams lose a star player and then improve as other players take more responsibility. I still think that Kane instead Richarlison in this team would improve it, mind.

I really like Postecoglou as a bloke and a coach, and I hope Spurs do well this season. Hopefully the job doesn't prove too big for him, in the same way that Chelsea was too much of a jump for Potter.

With that £100m they received for Kane still in the bank, it'd be nice to see Levy approve a big signing or two which would improve the team and help Postecoglou mould a side in his style.

Leicester and Southampton winning. Leeds waking from their slumbers, admittedly against L1 opposition. Going to be a tough division to get out of this season.

20 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Make that 3 in 6. 🙂 

Interesting to see Gnonto playing and scoring, Leeds have done well to get him back under control, big talent.

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Interesting to see Gnonto playing and scoring, Leeds have done well to get him back under control, big talent.

Excellent man management by Farke.