Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Luke Freeman

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Rather have Morgan Freeman.

At least he'd be good fitness wise, given he's unbreakable 🤫😉

• Like 1

Freeman is a tidy player - would add a bit of depth to the squad.

However, if we were to be looking to strengthen the midfield area I would be trying to loan either Lewis O'Brien from Nottingham Forest or Tim Iroegbunam from Aston Villa. 

19 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

However, if we were to be looking to strengthen the midfield area I would be trying to loan either Lewis O'Brien from Nottingham Forest or Tim Iroegbunam from Aston Villa. 

Leeds have an interest in O'Brien whose permanent home is in Harrogate. 

Wagner will obviously know him well but I would think O'Brien would want to play. As we have Sara and McLean has been made captain that doesn't look likely. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

11 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

He's notoriously difficult to mark tight.

He's not just a number he's a ........................................

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If he's deemed not good enough by a team that's seemingly bound for relegation do we want him?

Why did anyone want Emi?

Freeman here isn't for me, but this is a classic daft, short signed way to look at anything.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Got to be in for the second guy if only to hear Chris Goreham trying to pronounce it in the match commentary.

12 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

"I remember the first time I laid eyes on Andy Hughes"

Brilliant. 😂 I would post a gif of someone clapping but apparently they’re passé now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If he's deemed not good enough by a team that's seemingly bound for relegation do we want him?

Eh?

So you wouldn't want Hanley, McLean, Omo, Giannoulis, Hernandez or Sargent?

Oh, and didn't a certain Jonny Rowe do well in the EPL too?

Still a fair chunk of our squad were relegated and not only that one of the worst teams ever to set foot in the EPL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Got to be in for the second guy if only to hear Chris Goreham trying to pronounce it in the match commentary.

Well to be fair he played twice against us when on loan at QPR last season and he also played against us for Villa in the Premier League so Goreham will have had some practise. (I was impressed by him in the home game against QPR last season). 

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Brilliant. 😂 I would post a gif of someone clapping but apparently they’re passé now.

Thank you, that's very kind. I am imagining a gif of someone clapping as we speak, so it comes to the same thing in the end.

• Like 1

I've discussed the potential of him signing with my Blades mates. He was a "record" signing for them until they bought big in the EPL. They said he huffed and puffed a lot when he came on, never looked bad but didn't really produce any end product which, given more often than not, he was used in an attacking role kind of was the point of playing him! He was loaned out relatively quickly and never really seen again.

So, definitely not an improvement on Kenny then ...

56 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I've discussed the potential of him signing with my Blades mates. He was a "record" signing for them until they bought big in the EPL. They said he huffed and puffed a lot when he came on, never looked bad but didn't really produce any end product which, given more often than not, he was used in an attacking role kind of was the point of playing him! He was loaned out relatively quickly and never really seen again.

So, definitely not an improvement on Kenny then ...

Can also play as a winger. Sadly we have at least one winger already in that age range who has no end product.

Came on in the last 20 mins for Luton last season and made a real difference, seeing as we now effectively setup the same way as they did last year thought he could be an asset and certainly an upgrade on onel 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Came on in the last 20 mins for Luton last season and made a real difference, seeing as we now effectively setup the same way as they did last year thought he could be an asset and certainly an upgrade on onel 

Realistically, do we need an upgrade on Onel? Looks like it's going to be Rowe and Fass that will be the two we look at playing primarily. Onel is good eough, consistency has been his main issue, but I think we saw last season that he was another we missed when he was out injured. Maybe less so this season with Rowe and Fass in the mix.

Do we need to be improving the bench slightly in some areas where we already have numbers or do we need to be improving the depth of other areas we don't?

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Realistically, do we need an upgrade on Onel? Looks like it's going to be Rowe and Fass that will be the two we look at playing primarily. Onel is good eough, consistency has been his main issue, but I think we saw last season that he was another we missed when he was out injured. Maybe less so this season with Rowe and Fass in the mix.

Do we need to be improving the bench slightly in some areas where we already have numbers or do we need to be improving the depth of other areas we don't?

We do when he’s crocked 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

We do when he’s crocked 

Ok so Onel is maybe 3rd choice. We currently have Springett who also plays wide and have also deployed Placheta and Giannoulis there too.

There might be arguments for Placheta not being as good as Onel, but I think we have the depth there unless any outliers are to move on.

I forgot - we have Sainz to throw into that mix as well... we really are well stocked width wise.

I think when we start slinging giannoulis into the conversation it may be worth getting one more 

don’t get me wrong he’s had a great start to season but he’s a full back 

also good shout on sainz forgot about him, springett is a bit raw and needs a loan