KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread QPR V Norwich****

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

It’s got a fee I’m not paying for it. 

Ah, really? How much? Wifey just said that the app actually came built into her phone (Android). My bad, sorry.

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Just swapping apples for apples wouldn’t think too much into it although you are probably right. 

Well Dimi is clearly first choice, he wants Placheta as second choice, and he's just signed a young Portuguese LB from Benfica... doesn't look good for young Sam's chances of getting in the squad any time soon.

12 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Nope get the same message on bbc sounds as you do on their website 

your phone in the apps folder doesnt have an fm radio? usually in tools

Edited by mastoola

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well Dimi is clearly first choice, he wants Placheta as second choice, and he's just signed a young Portuguese LB from Benfica... doesn't look good for young Sam's chances of getting in the squad any time soon.

Coventry have a bit of cash now and he was well-thought of there.

I have heard a rumour he doesn't have the best attitude, but it's very much a colleague of a relation kind of source. I think I mentioned it on here before but some people got a little pis*y about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If you have a smartphone, you can download an app called 'FM Radio' and set it to 95.1... we're listening on my wife's mobile.

Link to the app. I can't find that exact one, it's returning a very long list .   

5 minutes ago, mastoola said:

your phone in the apps folder doesnt have an fm radio? usually in tools

That’ll be the case for Android phones but not for iPhones.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

HT 0-0.

Shocker of a game.

No one involved tonight staking a claim for a start.

Good thing it's a cup match then

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, Northluck C said:

That’ll be the case for Android phones but not for iPhones.

just another reason not to buy apple 😄

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Link to the app. I can't find that exact one, it's returning a very long list .   

Sorry, mentioned above that this is an app that's inbuilt to my wife's Android phone, not one she downloaded.

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Springett going off injured? With Tzolis and Rashica gone we’re now down to barebones on the wings again. Will we ever learn?

Rowe, Fassnacht, Hernandez and Placheta. Sainz a couple of weeks away and no sign that Springett's will be long term. I'm sure we'll be fine.

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Springett going off injured? With Tzolis and Rashica gone we’re now down to barebones on the wings again. Will we ever learn?

We've got Sainz coming back. I think with Rowe, Onel and Fassnacht, and Sainz and Springett when fit, as well as Placheta being able to fill in there if required, we're pretty well stocked on the wing. Six able wingers for two spots is pretty well covered.

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Rowe, Fassnacht, Hernandez and Placheta. Sainz a couple of weeks away and no sign that Springett's will be long term. I'm sure we'll be fine.

Beat me to it.

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yep.

I don't think anywhere in the world is broadcasting it 

I can watch Borehamwood v Solihull though.

Citeh v Sevilla it is then!

Solihull winning 1-0 .........😂

• Haha 1

Well, Gunn playing has knocked on the head the numpty idea that Reyes would be the reserve keeper. Someone who bench sits all season. He is better served getting experience playing with the 21s, as he did. Long will be the reserve keeper. Thats why he is being signed, and why he is sat in the stands tonight. Lift back with the City bus after the game.

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

We've got Sainz coming back. I think with Rowe, Onel and Fassnacht, and Sainz and Springett when fit, as well as Placheta being able to fill in there if required, we're pretty well stocked on the wing. Six able wingers for two spots is pretty well covered.

I'd argue that Sainz is an entirely unknown quantity, Rowe is still raw and whilst the signs look good, at this stage, it is a risk to rely on him as our main winger (remember when Idah scored a hattrick in a cup game and he was suddenly the second coming and now he's awful - reality is neither is true), Onel is very hit and miss, Fassnacht has a reasonable CV but we haven't seen enough to judge, Placheta is not good enough and Springett is also raw and untested. I think it's a stretch to say that we have six "able" wingers.

Edited by All the Germans

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Sara didn't have much pre-season so that makes sense. 

And it cup ties him.

Kenny off but not sure if a knock or just a change. Suppose Wagner wants to look at Sara, Gibbs, Nunez combo.

0 shots on target from 6 attempts. Real league winning potential from our second string 😅

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

I'd argue that Sainz is an entirely unknown quantity, Rowe is still raw and whilst the signs look good, at this stage, it is a risk to rely on him as our main winger (remember when Idah scored a hattrick in a cup game and he was suddenly the second coming and now he's awful - reality is neither is true), Onel is very hit and miss, Fassnacht has a reasonable CV but we haven't seen enough to judge, Placheta is not good enough and Springett is also raw and untested.

Would you really want another winger in our squad potentially blocking Rowe's progress?

We have 6 wingers on the books, 7 would be far too bloated in that area of the pitch. And if you don't trust the club's recruitment on Fassnacht or Sainz, why would the next one they bring in be any better?

I get the concerns about Fassnacht and Sainz being unproven at this level, and that Rowe's early performances may be a flash-in-the-pan, but if you think we're in a position to go and splash out on a proven winger with solid assists/goals/chance creation stats at Championship level, in an area we are already well-stocked in numbers-wise, then I don't know what to say.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Kenny off but not sure if a knock or just a change

I'll cross my fingers, but I'm not sure for which outcome.

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Not on my iPhone that I can see 

time to buy a cheap fm radio 😄

Edited by mastoola

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

And it cup ties him.

Kenny off but not sure if a knock or just a change. Suppose Wagner wants to look at Sara, Gibbs, Nunez combo.

If someone wants to buy Sara do you really think if he's cuptied in the efl cup , will make any difference?