Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Wolves just cheated ?

Anyone watching Wolves v Man U.

How on earth is that not a penalty, goalie absoloutely clatters the Wolves player.

Corrupt ?

Just now, Well b back said:

How on earth is that not a penalty, goalie absoloutely clatters the Wolves player.

Corrupt ?

Yeah, but it’s Wolves. So…

If only they both could have lost. 

• Like 1

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

Yeah, but it’s Wolves. So…

If only they both could have lost. 

Lol

Complete bias though. That was so blatant that there is no longer an argument that VAR favours the likes of Man U and LiVARpool 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sorry I was typing an identical topic. That is the most obvious penalty you will ever see.

Refereeing and VAR are a disgrace.

Indeed I don’t think I have ever seen such a blatant penalty. 
I know as @Duncan Edwards says we don’t like Wolves, but that affects us all.

Normally you would argue incompetence, but that seemed blatant cheating.

Hooper again initially, it was right in front of him. If he can rule an overhead kick a free kick for dangerous play, how on earth is a goalkeeper completely wiping out an opposing player not a penalty.

• Like 2

No wonder so many are cynical. Its a total disgrace if Hooper is not demoted for that.

Incompetent or corrupt, you choose. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

No wonder so many are cynical. Its a total disgrace if Hooper is not demoted for that.

Incompetent or corrupt, you choose. 

If he is demoted, we’ll get him

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Apparently no penalty as not a clear and obvious error. 
Clearly the VAR decision was a clear and obvious error.

It's like saying Trotsky accidentally fell on the ice pick.

• Haha 1

Is it Hooper’s fault though? He can be blamed for the initial call but if his mistake was as bad as is being suggested, the failure lies with the VAR for not at least inviting him to reconsider, doesn’t it?

As it stands, my personal feelings are **** Wolves, **** Man United, **** VAR and **** the Premier League.

This will, of course, change as soon as we’re back involved when I will very much care about bias and dreadful officiating in the Premier League. 

40 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Corrupt ?

I can't see how you think Wolves cheated. It looked like a rash challenge by the Man Utd goalie, which should have been treated as a foul ie penalty.

Odd how a ball glancing off our defenders arm is a penalty yet a Wolves player's head being clouted is not. Much as with a S'oton player falling in front of Gino is a penalty. And O'Neil protesting is worthy of a yellow, or so the ref thinks.

I said yesterday, these new guidelines will cause far more problems than ever they solve.

10 hours ago, RobJames said:

I can't see how you think Wolves cheated. It looked like a rash challenge by the Man Utd goalie, which should have been treated as a foul ie penalty.

The OP means that Wolves were cheated out of a penalty not that they cheated themselves.

Apparently the var ref is the same one (Salisbury) who messed up in the Spuds v Brighton game towards the end of last season - failed to overturn a very obvious penalty decision in favour of Brighton and got suspended for a game or two.

This decision is the precise reason why var was brought in, but we are seeing stiff like this all too often.  It’s  odd that his two blatant errors have favoured the big sides, isn’t it….

1. PGMOL chief Howard Webb has made a big point of his organisation needing to be accountable for their errors so it should come as no surprise that Webb contacted Wolves officials to apologise for the non-penalty decision at Old Trafford last night.

This was in addition to Jon Moss, who manages the select group of Premier League officials, seeking out Gary O'Neil after the game to admit a mistake had been made.

PGMOL say mistakes are going down, which is clearly a positive.

That is not helping Wolves clearly - and it doesn't look good the VAR last night was Michael Salisbury, who was stood down for a game last season when he failed to give Brighton a penalty at Tottenham.

2. 'Tonight was a big step for us' - O'Neilpublished at 08:18

08:18
    Gary O'NeilIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES

Gary O'Neil speaking after Wolves lost at Manchester United on Monday: "Huge credit to the lads. There has been some negativity surrounding the place but they've committed to what we asked of them and gone toe to toe with a top side at a difficult place to come and they're disappointed.

"For the amount of shots we've had and the expected goals, we deserved at least a point.

"Bigger picture stuff and where we want to take the group, tonight is a big step four days in. Coming to a place like this it could have gone very differently."

On the non-award of a penalty in stoppage time: "Having just spoken to [elite referees' manager] Jon Moss, fair enough he came straight out and said it was a blatant penalty and it should have been given.

"I sometimes feel bad. I've spent a lot of my day with him trying to understand the new guidelines and how to not get myself booked, which I've failed in, but fair play to Jon in coming out.

"He said it was clear and obvious and he can't believe the on-field referee didn't give it and he can't believe VAR didn't intervene. It's probably made me feel worse to be honest because once you know you're right you feel worse about leaving with nothing."

Wolves' wasteful night - did you know?

Match officials for last night game have been dropped announced on SSN

It isn’t the on-field ref who is to blame, whoever it is he gets a split second to see what’s going on. It is the var official, has no leg to stand on - after many different views he made a pisspoor decision.

• Like 2

That Salisbury bloke, all he had to do was tell Hooper "it looks bad on the replay Simon, you might want to go take another look at it". That's it. That's the bare minimum of what VAR was brought in to do. If he refers it and Hooper goes and sticks with his decision then VAR has at least done its job and we're just looking at a reffing error.

That's 2 major mistakes he's made, I wouldn't want him behind the screens if it were my team playing.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone really knows what the point of VAR is. Is it to make "fair" decisions? Apply the laws to the letter? Assist the on field officials? Improve the armchair fan's experience?

No idea.

Everyone assumes that VAR would have called our game against Southampton differently - our "offside" goal to stand; our penalty given; their penalty cancelled etc.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, of course. Man Utd fans will tell you it wasn't a penalty. Everyone else will tell you it was.

In a perfect world VAR would always give the "correct" decision. It doesn't, because there is still human involvement. Pretty similar to referees, some of whom are not as good as others.

If we all want a mistake free game, stick to the PC version.

Trouble is it has a massive impact, if Man U win the title or get into champions league by a point, or wolves go down by a point this result and abhorrent mistake if it is or blatant cheating on the official in VAR, on other aspects and teams! VAR was bought in to stop this happening, instead it’s used more for absolutely minimal margin offsides which in reality could go either way!

I was all for VAR but now I hate it, it’s just a tool to protect high profile teams and officials!

40 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I don't think anyone really knows what the point of VAR is. Is it to make "fair" decisions? Apply the laws to the letter? Assist the on field officials? Improve the armchair fan's experience?

No idea.

Everyone assumes that VAR would have called our game against Southampton differently - our "offside" goal to stand; our penalty given; their penalty cancelled etc.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, of course. Man Utd fans will tell you it wasn't a penalty. Everyone else will tell you it was.

In a perfect world VAR would always give the "correct" decision. It doesn't, because there is still human involvement. Pretty similar to referees, some of whom are not as good as others.

I can't see how even the most ardent fan can say it wasn't a penalty 

40 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

No idea.

The issue is though that VAR officials get to look at an incident so many times that the option of making a mistake should not be there - I have not met one person today who does not believe that last night was not a penalty and that includes a Man U supporter - it’s shameful that such a clear and obvious taking out a man was not awarded and so plain to see that making a mistake does not hold any credence 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Indy said:

Trouble is it has a massive impact, if Man U win the title or get into champions league by a point, or wolves go down by a point this result and abhorrent mistake if it is or blatant cheating on the official in VAR, on other aspects and teams! VAR was bought in to stop this happening, instead it’s used more for absolutely minimal margin offsides which in reality could go either way!

I was all for VAR but now I hate it, it’s just a tool to protect high profile teams and officials!

Thing is we could miss out on promotion by 2 pts and could point to Barnes disallowed goal as a reason. If the experts on here are correct then VAR would have allowed the goal (every goal is checked).

Likewise no VAR wouldn't have helped Wolves as Hooper didn't give the pen in the first place.

As a nation we seem to have the worst refs on the planet.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

The only way you could subjectively say it wasnt a penalty is if you were struck blind at the time of the incident.