****ing idiot. Stupid, ****ing idiot.

Hero to zero. Even if we scrape through, which is almost inconceivable given how pathetic we've been both on the pitch and more importantly from the dugout, that should be her World Cup over.

• Like 2

Rightly a red, what a stupid thing to do. Need to just contain Nigeria now, who have been brilliant and try to take it to pens.

Edited by ec-p
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Hero to zero. Even if we scrape through, which is almost inconceivable given how pathetic we've been both on the pitch and more importantly from the dugout, that should be her World Cup over.

If I were England, I would ban James for at least12 months. You do not do that to an opponent. Its way out of order.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If I were England, I would ban James for at least12 months. You do not do that to an opponent. Its way out of order.

I wouldn't go that far, but if we get the miracle we need to get through, I would make a point and send her home.

As we're going out, that's not likely to be an option so some other punishment should be dished out. 

Getting a red for that is ridiculous (in terms of stupidity). I'd rather it be for a proper tackle, not that!

Thing is, despite the dull commentators opinion, we have had enough chances to win it. Yes their keeper has done well, but we should have scored from one of those chances.

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Thing is, despite the dull commentators opinion, we have had enough chances to win it. Yes their keeper has done well, but we should have scored from one of those chances.

Daly's header was a sitter really, wide open, unmarked, she could pick her spot. Sadly that spot was virtually straight at the goaly.

Where are the subs, they've been run ragged. And bringing Walsh back into the team after smashing China in the last group game looks a bit silly now.

• Like 1

I cannot understand why when a player kicks or passes inaccurately and it hitscthe ref that that player gets the ball back. Why? It was a bad pass, you don't deserve a second chance.

Nigerian cheat, elbows Daly in the face then goes down clutching her head, despite the fact that there was no contact with her head at all. Tricked these awful officials though as it stopped them taking another look.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I cannot understand why when a player kicks or passes inaccurately and it hitscthe ref that that player gets the ball back. Why? It was a bad pass, you don't deserve a second chance.

You can't introduce a rule with that much subjectivity. If it hits the ref, it goes back to the team who kicked the ball, otherwise you're asking a ref who couldn't have been  that aware of what was happening to make a judgement on how good the pass was or where it was likely to end up.

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Good quality pens there 😨

Almost as good as the Farke season where we scored 1 out of 7.

I didn't spot Lauren James in that team huddle at the end. Not sure whether that means anything. In fairness, maybe she isn't allowed back on the field of play even after the game is over?

Only caught the game from about 65 minutes, thought Nigeria did absolutely nothing following James’ sending off, yes we were put under pressure but I don’t recall a single big chance being created in 45 ish minutes…

Certainly we looked pretty comfortable taking it to pens, and then it’s anyone’s game. Hopefully the next game will be an improved performance!

James’ sending off very very stupid and unnecessary 

Nigeria the better team but didn't take their chances, that's the way it goes.  England rode their luck as much as I can ever remember seeing in a game.

Stupid by James but that happens sometimes, I imagine she'll get a ban, not sure if she'd be eligible if we get to the final but if she is (and we do) then it's the coach's call whether or not to bring her back in, it was a rush of blood to the head.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Only caught the game from about 65 minutes, thought Nigeria did absolutely nothing following James’ sending off, yes we were put under pressure but I don’t recall a single big chance being created in 45 ish minutes…

Certainly we looked pretty comfortable taking it to pens, and then it’s anyone’s game. Hopefully the next game will be an improved performance!

James’ sending off very very stupid and unnecessary 

Yep, I think they'll regret not showing a bit more ambition when they had 11v10. We certainly looked their for the taking.

That said, despite Nigeria appearing to be the better team, we actually had more possession and worked their goalkeeper more. And the Daly header was certainly the game's most clearcut chance.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I’d probably back off calling a young girl a stupid ****ing idiot for doing something silly playing sport.

Just now, Captain Holt said:

I’d probably back off calling a young girl a stupid ****ing idiot for doing something silly playing sport.

Why? She's a professional footballer representing her country. Women's football is every bit as important as men's. I'd probably back off holding them to lower standards because they're female.

34 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Is Lauren James now gonna be the female version of David Beckham in how he was vilified after 1998?

Looks like it