Another grinded out win. Weigman taking a leaf out of Southgate's book. Play crap but still get to the latter stages.

If England can get out of 3rd gear they've a hoooge chance.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well that was one of the greatest penalty shootouts I have ever seen.

Feel sorry for anyone not watching

Thank you for your sympathy. 

This England side deeply unconvincing. I can’t see them winning it unless they can up their game 200%. Still they are doing well to battle through these games. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Still they are doing well to battle through these games. 

Always seem to find a way, don't they? 

Has to be remembered they're without their best defender and captain, their most creative midfielder and their best forward. In the circumstances they're doing pretty well, and the fact they barely let in any goals always gives them a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Too many players haven't turned up to this tournament. Hemp has been really poor and this was her chance to step up and take Mead's attacking talisman(woman) title. Stanway looking a shadow of the player she was last year and Walsh isn't controlling games how she can.

Starting to focus too much on the hype? Or have other teams sussed us out?

That Stanway is a highlights player. Does a couple of good things a game to get on the highlights but other than that does nothing every time I watch them. Just swans about rolling her shorts leg up. Kelly is similar. In open play she does very little. Keira Walsh the best player by some distance. 

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Emma Hayes might be a great coach but dear oh dear, she isn't the best colour commentator.

Really? I think she's excellent, talks more sense than most of the muppets on Sky and MOTD.

That Stanway is a highlights player. Does a couple of good things a game to get on the highlights but other than that does nothing every time I watch them. Just swans about rolling her shorts leg up. Kelly is similar. In open play she does very little. Keira Walsh the best player by some distance. 

Agree about Stanway in this tournament, but she was excellent in the Euros last year. Obviously missing Mead and Williamson is huge, but I think Stanway's drop in level is a key factor in why we look a good way below the level that won us the Euros.

Still, semi-finals without hitting anywhere near our best cannot be grumbled at. Find that top gear against the Aussies and they can't save themselves with rain or a dodgy run out this time.

Or have other teams sussed us out?

(This quote is from @canarydan23)

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Keira Walsh the best player by some distance. 

From the little I've seen, I think this is the nub of it. Walsh is England's best player,  I agree, but I think other teams have realised how crucial she has been for England and nullified her a bit. 

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

From the little I've seen, I think this is the nub of it. Walsh is England's best player,  I agree, but I think other teams have realised how crucial she has been for England and nullified her a bit. 

Ironically though, the one game without her is the best we've played.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Think she needs a more combative partner alongside her. I’ve no idea who the back up midfielders are though?

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Ironically though, the one game without her is the best we've played.

Didn't see that one but that did seem to be what people were saying. Can't see Wiegman leaving her out, but it is interesting. Certainly possible the best player might not be in the best XI. I do love watching her,  though.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
Spelling

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Didn't see that one but that did seem to be what people were saying. Can't see Wiegmann leaving her out, but it is interesting. Certainly possible the best player might not be in the best XI. I do love watching her,  though.

Yeah, she's fantastic, so calm in possession, great first touch and can pass it through the eye of a needle when on form.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Mods can we please move this to the non football section please.

>Not supporting Norfolk at a major football tournament 

Real low testosterone manoeuvre there my guy

image.gif.23460329b222c735072907ad57f08afc.gif 

• Confused 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Yeah, she's fantastic, so calm in possession, great first touch and can pass it through the eye of a needle when on form.

Saw the 8-0 win over Norway in the Euros. First women's game I'd ever seen.  Had no idea who she was but she just stood out so much. Love a player with her vision and passing range.

We are growing into this tournament. Very slowly and surely getting glimpses of the team England are.

Can’t wait for the next game, get that recovery going girls!

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

We are growing into this tournament. Very slowly and surely getting glimpses of the team England are.

Can’t wait for the next game, get that recovery going girls!

We kind of our ,but we still had to rely on two defensive mistakes to progress!

46 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Think she needs a more combative partner alongside her. I’ve no idea who the back up midfielders are though?

She needs better than Toone. I purposely watched her and she just didn't get involved at all. I wouldn't pick James again but I bet Weigman will. She certainly brings more motion to midfield than a static Toone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jsim1986 said:

You're the weird one, saying you would watch this over Norwich, extremely sad woke crap

It'll happen one day champ, even if you wind up having to pay for it.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It'll happen one day champ, even if you wind up having to pay for it.

Shows your level of intelligence. Resorting to made up abuse because you can't take a light hearted joke, as I said shows all you need to know about woke people. Can't joke about this but you can someone being a virgin, very very strange. 

47 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Shows your level of intelligence. Resorting to made up abuse because you can't take a light hearted joke, as I said shows all you need to know about woke people. Can't joke about this but you can someone being a virgin, very very strange. 

It's never a good sign when you have to tell people you're joking.

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine being English and supporting France in anything

Rather France than Gammon or Australia