norfolkngood

Delia Interview in FT Still unsure about MA

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What percentage of people around 40 take any notice of football let alone Norwich City.

Such a tiny bubble to live in.

Funny nutty but over 4 million views of the YouTube video of our Delia’s rally cry on different links would say it’s a bigger audience than a tiny bubble!

Most people in Norway I talk to know of Norwich and our owner is famously linked to the drink half time rally call!

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What percentage of people around 40 take any notice of football let alone Norwich City.

Such a tiny bubble to live in.

You certainly live in a very small bubble. 

If you read the article she has sold 21m books and one of her videos has 38m views. Obviously not many of them live in your little bubble...

Edited by nutty nigel

8 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You are being mischievous. I don’t mean break the rules , I mean achieving a point where the offer doesn’t have to be made to the minority shareholders which is acceptable to the regulators . But I think you knew that . 

Avoidance = legal. Evasion = illegal. For a community Football Club circumventing the rules should be off limits whichever category it falls in.

Whatever they want to achieve minority shareholders should not be the meat in the sandwich.

It's also interesting that in the little bubble we hear of all the freebies Delia and Michael help themselves to yet in the big wide world they pay for the food in her own restaurant.

Edited by nutty nigel

Just now, nutty nigel said:

It's also interesting that in the little bubble we hear of all the freebies Delia Michael help themselves to yet in the big wide world they pay for the food in her own restaurant.

Bless them both, I guess they fill the jet up too for away days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Given their past actions I’d have regularly been able to state that I trust Delia and Michael with the club. They have genuinely been seen to want the club to remain stable and stride to keep the core values of this club intact.

However, especially in the last two seasons they’ve been exposed as very much out of their depth and they’ve shown immense weakness in promoting the likes of mealy mouthed nobodies like Webber and the various other suited up anonymous cronies in middle management who are, as someone amusingly pointed out “running the club like it’s a challenge on the apprentice” and allowing them to run the show and very much not keep to the core principles of the club.

They hid away, they backed aforementioned nobodies who went after the fans. This is unacceptable to a very large percentage of the fanbase whether the others care or not.

Delia and Michael aren’t beyond redemption, they’ve been this low before. But they should very much be ashamed of themselves. They, amazingly, have one more shot at redemption. I’m not convinced though.

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Bless them both, I guess they fill the jet up too for away days. 

Either that or it's in the accounts?

Either way peering at it from such a small bubble must amazing...

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Either that or it's in the accounts?

Either way peering at it from such a small bubble must amazing...

Who knows, back to the cricket though now. 

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Ha ha call me a cynic but it seems more likely d&m don’t want MA to go over 40% than him going over is a deal breaker for him ?!!!

Why? 

Because Attanasio is worth 700 million ? And stands to make that back and some if he turns us into a sustainable top tier club as he has done with the brewers.

whereas perception (rightly or wrongly ??) is d&m have always been reluctant to let go of their control at the football club.

Just now, Soldier on said:

Because Attanasio is worth 700 million ? And stands to make that back and some if he turns us into a sustainable top tier club as he has done with the brewers.

whereas perception (rightly or wrongly ??) is d&m have always been reluctant to let go of their control at the football club.

The Brewers are a franchise club run on a budget and very successful in terms of salary cap to return in baseball! They will always be in a top division of the sport and guaranteed tv revenue…..big difference there!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If you read the article she has sold 21m books and one of her videos has 38m views. Obviously not many of them live in your little bubble...

I thought we were talking about football? 😉😘

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

The Brewers are a franchise club run on a budget and very successful in terms of salary cap to return in baseball! They will always be in a top division of the sport and guaranteed tv revenue…..big difference there!

Fair but I just don’t see that 5-10 million on minority shareholders is a deal breaker for him given he has wanted to get involved in English football for ten years.

I may be totally wrong but far more likely for me is d&m don’t want to relinquish control of the football club (at least at this stage) and consequently takeover panel is creating a headache for them.

21 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Fair but I just don’t see that 5-10 million on minority shareholders is a deal breaker for him given he has wanted to get involved in English football for ten years.

I may be totally wrong but far more likely for me is d&m don’t want to relinquish control of the football club (at least at this stage) and consequently takeover panel is creating a headache for them.

Maybe but I see it more complex than that, not that I have any experience in owning Football clubs but having been involved in buying into a multi owned new business in Norway and my own company here in the UK it’s certainly never as straight forward as you think.

For me it is more likely that MA advisory team and financial experts will have made a report on current and future financial requirements, potential returns and capital investment required to gain any return on a potential outlay!

Critics of the current ownership certainly have valid reasons to want a change to the current plight of the club, new direction means new ideas and as you correctly say Brewers are out performing the salary outlay, so the set up is very successful under MA. So I have some hope that this sporting knowledge and mindset is transferable to Soccer! If it is and we build on the ground capacity, increase bums on seats and get top level for a few years we all win, supporters happy, return on investment, increase in status and ultimately a happy camp!

Or we go as we are, next year having to hope for promotion if not selling absolutely everything of value to pay off debt accrued this season as parachute money already allocated against the current debt!

So that’s the gamble for MA, sit back watch this season and pick up the club for virtually nothing or buy at a premium now, it’s a gamble and one he’s probably happy to be involved in! The longer we struggle in the league and the longer he waits the better the deal. But that’s just my reading of the situation. He’s not got to being a mega millionaire without knowing business!

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

Avoidance = legal. Evasion = illegal. For a community Football Club circumventing the rules should be off limits whichever category it falls in.

Whatever they want to achieve minority shareholders should not be the meat in the sandwich.

Whatever . 

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

'Wisdom'

Would a person be a tealeaf if he put food in his trolley at Tesco, went past the checkouts, emptied his trolley into the food bank trolley and left the store empty handed?

Did you get inspiration from here for this one NN? 

13 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Ha ha call me a cynic but it seems more likely d&m don’t want MA to go over 40% than him going over is a deal breaker for him ?!!!

You have left out the likeliest option. That S&J and Attanasio are in agreement that he shouldn't - for now - go above 40 per cent.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You have left out the likeliest option. That S&J and Attanasio are in agreement that he shouldn't - for now - go above 40 per cent.

Would certainly explain the very precise number of shares being issued 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Would certainly explain the very precise number of shares being issued 

The sound of a penny dropping (and, that’s not intended to sound disrespectful to you, by the way). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So we're back to "the woman" again.

Michael and Delia are continually on record for saying they will do what's best for the club. Including these interviews.

Of course that's what they consider is best. Maybe not what we think is best. But I trust them to know better than us.

To be fair, how many interviews are actually done with them both? Most interviews appear to be done with Delia alone, as this one appears to be, so that’s why she gets most stick I think to be honest. 

32 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

To be fair, how many interviews are actually done with them both? Most interviews appear to be done with Delia alone, as this one appears to be, so that’s why she gets most stick I think to be honest. 

All the club interviews are done by then both. Cooking or about Delia's books are done by her alone.

This interview was done in the FT under 'life and arts'

https://www.ft.com/content/2376d039-c191-4e60-95d5-8d1a9f492346

Edited by nutty nigel

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

All the club interviews are done by then both. Cooking or about Delia's books are done by her alone.

So if it was done under life and arts why did SHE mention what goes on at NCFC?

Get some perspective here for once, when she does an interview in the tabloids it is her, there is very rarely any mention of MWJ, is there? Even you have to understand that surely. 

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You also obviously didn’t see the quote where it’s her who tells the interviewer to talk about football. 

I think it’s great how you defend her but you do miss little snippets, there’s no mention of MWJ being present for the interview just her, and it also says she’s moved away from cooking stuff and concentrates more on the football side of things. 

This was clearly an interview done by her alone so your statement they both do the football interviews is factually incorrect. They may do some together but not all of them as this shows 

I can't say I've ever heard MWJ speak. Are there any links?

I suspect he's the brightest of the two, Oxford educated, Crane Books etc. I would welcome his views. He also seems to paddle his own canoe because in the times I have met Delia (long since) he was never present.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I can't say I've ever heard MWJ speak. Are there any links?

I suspect he's the brightest of the two, Oxford educated, Crane Books etc. I would welcome his views. He also seems to paddle his own canoe because in the times I have met Delia (long since) he was never present.

Im sure there is the quote about camels down Carrow Road - that came from him! 

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

in the times I have met Delia (long since) he was never present.

Looks like he dodged a bullet there! 😉  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Soldier on said:

If the highest transaction price so far is £30 per share or thereabouts it would seem perfectly possible that acquiring around 50,000 more shares would reach the 30% theshold at a cost of between £1 and 2 million thereby leaving the way clear for the new investment. 

Then again the suspicion is that the highest transaction to date is a three figure sum per share. Therein would lie the real problem.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Im sure there is the quote about camels down Carrow Road - that came from him! 

Got me Googling:

'I think when we turn 100 we'll probably pack it in!' joked Wynn Jones. 'But no, seriously, I think we have slightly shifted our stance over the years but underlining it all is that whatever happens has got to be in the best interests of the football club, not money, not us.

'And how you define what is in the best interests of the football club is probably the next question now. I think we have seen so many times clubs that have thrown money at it and I mean thrown, hundreds of millions, and they've done absolutely **** all, frankly, or gone backwards.

'You've really got to be aware of that and do your best. You can't predict how (it would go) with any particular sheikh and the camels coming down Carrow Road and all that. We should say that Sheikh Mansour has done a decent job at Manchester City to be honest, but there are plenty of other sheikhs who haven't, or investors from America or Dubai, Hong Kong.'

Picking up the reins, Smith continued: 'We would never, we love our football club too much to stand in the way, if somebody came along who wanted to buy our football club – who would make it better – we just want to assure our fans that we care for the football club too deeply. We don't see anything in it for ourselves, we just want the football club to be successful.

'So if we find the right person. I gave an interview once and what we said was we were bored because we had seen some real stinkers who didn't want to put any money in.

'Then you get to the stage where you think I don't want to raise myself up and go to meet them any more. We're not going to do that now, we're going to let (management committee) Stuart Webber, Zoe (Ward) and Ben (Kensell) sort it out.

'They can come to us and say 'look, this is really good, but unless it's really good we're not interested.''

Edited by BroadstairsR