norfolkngood

Delia Interview in FT Still unsure about MA

28 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I rest my case - 

This is pathetic, and of no gain for anyone - just give it up. Tedious. 

Your as bad as each other, why can’t people have different opinions without having to get involved in personal bickering?

I don’t have any malice towards Delia but I am on the let’s change after 28 years camp, I want her gone as the focal point of this club, which we can all agree she clearly is!

Do I want MA to

take full control, definitely, he’s invested more in this club, has a very successful basesball franchise which is run on a budget and can bring something new to the club!

The past two years have been poor and we’re a club with a chance of change! Let’s take it.

But let’s not get into personal rubbish it’s just a forum with different opinions!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

Perhaps somebody (Cambridge perhaps) could start a separate thread to which we could direct any of the usual suspects when they start bickering with each other.  Sort of like a social media boxing ring where people can work out their differences or whatever frustrations in life are causing them to spend their time trading insults on an online forum.

Would save the rest of us having to wade through all the name calling in the hope of finding something worthwhile to read ...

This is a good shout, each Bickerer could take a different opponent on weekly. After 3 pages of trading insults the normal posters could declare a winner. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Your as bad as each other, why can’t people have different opinions without having to get involved in personal bickering?

But let’s not get into personal rubbish it’s just a forum with different opinions!

Totally agree, and hence why (a year ago) I attempted to take it offline, to keep the topic at that time ontrack. But certain people were unable to justify / or comment on a statement they made in public forum, but decided to bring up the fact id sent a PM now. 

Agree not totally blameless as it takes two (or more) and apologise for my part today as I did previously to another poster.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So if it was done under life and arts why did SHE mention what goes on at NCFC?

Get some perspective here for once, when she does an interview in the tabloids it is her, there is very rarely any mention of MWJ, is there? Even you have to understand that surely. 

You mean get your perspective. No thanks.

"Even me?"

That's why.

4 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You also obviously didn’t see the quote where it’s her who tells the interviewer to talk about football. 

I think it’s great how you defend her but you do miss little snippets, there’s no mention of MWJ being present for the interview just her, and it also says she’s moved away from cooking stuff and concentrates more on the football side of things. 

This was clearly an interview done by her alone so your statement they both do the football interviews is factually incorrect. They may do some together but not all of them as this shows 

The fact that she spoke about football doesn't make it club media. The interview was about Delia's life and football is part of that. I like the fact that she was hopeless at school, left at 16 and has formed opinions through life's lessons. 

But that's her as a person. Not her as part majority shareholder.

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You mean get your perspective. No thanks.

"Even me?"

That's why.

No I don’t want you to get my perspective, you’ve got your own ffs.

Yet again you totally miss the point about Delia. 

But that’s nothing new as many people on here say.

And no I’m not getting into a debate about it either. Just read what you said about the article being arts and life and see the bit about who brought up football 

Do people really believe Attanasio has invested more than Michael and Delia? 

As far as I can see he's invested 10m at 7% ROI while Michael and Delia have put in 12m at 0% ROI. 

But I think "investment" means so many different things. Some posters claim buying tickets and merchandise as investment. Others say investor when they really mean benefactor. All I know is our club can't afford too many investments at 7% ROI.

9 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

No I don’t want you to get my perspective, you’ve got your own ffs.

Yet again you totally miss the point about Delia. 

But that’s nothing new as many people on here say.

And no I’m not getting into a debate about it either. Just read what you said about the article being arts and life and see the bit about who brought up football 

Delia's been on our board for 27 years how can that not be part of her life.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

As far as I can see he's invested 10m at 7% ROI while Michael and Delia have put in 12m at 0% ROI. 

But I think "investment" means so many different things. Some posters claim buying tickets and merchandise as investment. Others say investor when they really mean benefactor. All I know is our club can't afford too many investments at 7% ROI.

Bro if you are shilling for Delia online at least ask for a gift voucher from her or something. Doing it for free is just sad.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Bro if you are shilling for Delia online at least ask for a gift voucher from her or something. Doing it for free is just sad.

Speak as you find Bro.

I don't get involved in witch hunts against a couple of fellow fans who have been supporting our beloved club for 67 and 54 years. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Some posters claim buying tickets and merchandise as investment. Others say investor when they really mean benefactor. All I know is our club can't afford too many investments at 7% ROI.

They can claim what they like but the meaning is clear:

"Buying tickets is consumption" - I'm not an investor in the Arctic Monkeys because I paid to see them at Carrow road.

People say they want an investor, but most want a benefactor or patron. A investor want to take more out that s/he puts in, most fans want owners to just give the club money.

Strangely though an interest rate of 7% is lower than inflation so it could be viewed as a "partial-gift:" it is a below-market-rates loan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Badger said:

They can claim what they like but the meaning is clear:

"Buying tickets is consumption" - I'm not an investor in the Arctic Monkeys because I paid to see them at Carrow road.

People say they want an investor, but most want a benefactor or patron. A investor want to take more out that s/he puts in, most fans want owners to just give the club money.

Strangely though an interest rate of 7% is lower than inflation so it could be viewed as a "partial-gift:" it is a below-market-rates loan.

I would imagine it will end up converted into shares as much of Michael and Delia's loans were. I don't remember 7% being added though. And of course the shares were worth little to nothing at the time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You haven't included in MA's assessment what he paid to buy MF out.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You haven't included in MA's assessment what he paid to buy MF out.

I also didn't include an assessment of what Watling walleted.

Or any other private share transactions. The money does not go to our club.

Edited by nutty nigel

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Speak as you find Bro.

I don't get involved in witch hunts against a couple of fellow fans who have been supporting our beloved club for 67 and 54 years. 

£0.20 has been deposited in your account from Norwich City Football Club.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

£0.20 has been deposited in your account from Norwich City Football Club.

Thank you.

The forum binners have deposited a tenner in yours.

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Thank you.

The forum binners have deposited a tenner in yours.

“I’m the most not binner, look Delia I’m winning!” - Nutty Nigel Probably.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I also didn't include an assessment of what Watling walleted.

Or any other private share transactions. The money does not go to our club.

Foulger did pay over £2 million into the Club that is now in MA's ownership. We don’t know what Foulger's ultimate ROI was.

Agree with you about the 7% but then why did S&J vote for it?

55 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Where do you get your 12 million from, there was a thread a few years ago which detailed it was a total of around 8 million and some of that was a loan which was repaid!

But that aside MA had still invested more than our current owners have so I’m a little lost to why you are so negative about MA yet so pro Delia when both aren’t Norwich through and through but grown to love the club through different circumstances.

I really hope you can be a little more happy about someone who has invested 10 million and bought into the club.👍 Even if it is with a caveat of a return if the takeover is blocked or doesn’t go through in the future.

Edited by Indy

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Foulger did pay over £2 million into the Club that is now in MA's ownership. We don’t know what Foulger's ultimate ROI was.

Agree with you about the 7% but then why did S&J vote for it?

What do you agree with? I just stated it as a fact. I don't have an opinion either way. I just said our club as it stands couldn't afford to take on many loans like that. Michael and Delia's loans were better, the sort where the money changed hands with no expectation of getting it back.

Should we credit Michael and Delia with Watling's previous investments too?

Edited by nutty nigel

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Where do you get your 12 million from, there was a thread a few years ago which detailed it was a total of around 8 million and some of that was a loan which was repaid!

But that aside MA had still invested more than our current owners have so I’m a little lost to why you are so negative about MA yet so pro Delia when both aren’t Norwich through and through but grown to love the club through different circumstances.

I really hope you can be a little more happy about someone who has invested 10 million and bought into the club.👍 Even if it is with a caveat of a return if the takeover is blocked or doesn’t go through in the future.

The latest place the 12m was quoted is in the FT. The article is reproduced fully on this thread. I do feel at a bit of a disadvantage on this thread because I have read the article being discussed.

I'm neither happy nor unhappy about Attanasio. I simply don't know and am happy to admit that. I see that as a positive thing rather than to make stuff up about how good he will be or how bad Michael and Delia are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The latest place the 12m was quoted is in the FT. The article is reproduced fully on this thread. I do feel at a bit of a disadvantage on this thread because I have read the article being discussed.

I'm neither happy nor unhappy about Attanasio. I simply don't know and am happy to admit that. I see that as a positive thing rather than to make stuff up about how good he will be or how bad Michael and Delia are.

But that’s not what’s being said really, I think we all agree it’s time for a change, we need a cash injection with a new ideology, really as when MWJ & DS took over from Wattling now is the right time to move forwards.

The good that the current owners have done is starting to unwind again and it has the potential to become toxic after last season especially with the poor results and Webber still given a free reign when he’s on his way out. I’m just pointing out that a start with four or five defeats at home I don’t think will be tolerated by the faithful. Might be reading things wrong but we shall see.

Nutty Nigel in “I don’t have an opinion either way” shocker.image.jpeg.3cc14289c68e0f98b5fce5d76f710932.jpeg

Edited by The Real Buh

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The value of the shares they have bought is clearly only a little over £8 million. Maybe they use their own opportunity cost logic involving foregone interest etc. but a figure that high is hard to justify. Equally the figure you quoted for MA must on a comparative basis be enhanced.

I agree with you that our club can't afford too many investments at 7%, why then create the first one? Besides if this is ever paid it will become an effective tax on fans and other shareholders and from MA's perspective compensation for a premium return he may well have paid to Foulger. We can always be sure that the ordinary folk pay the price.

Even if S&J seek no profit, how can you be sure that Tom won't?

Edited by essex canary

1 minute ago, Indy said:

But that’s not what’s being said really, I think we all agree it’s time for a change, we need a cash injection with a new ideology, really as when MWJ & DS took over from Wattling now is the right time to move forwards.

The good that the current owners have done is starting to unwind again and it has the potential to become toxic after last season especially with the poor results and Webber still given a free reign when he’s on his way out. I’m just pointing out that a start with four or five defeats at home I don’t think will be tolerated by the faithful. Might be reading things wrong but we shall see.

Indy, I can only talk from the experience of watching events play out over the past 56 seasons. In the late 60s the faithful turned on Geoffrey Watling with some of the most disgraceful chanting I ever heard at Carrow Road. His crime was players had been sold, we weren't winning enough football games. This cycle has gone round and round for the following 55 years. It will probably carry on going round and round for the next 55 years. 

On this downward curve we've seen Farke Out, Smith Out, Webber Out and since Webber resigned Delia has become the target. I expect Wynnie's next on the list. :classic_wink:

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The value of the shares they have bought is clearly only a little over £8 million. Maybe they use their own opportunity cost logic involving foregone interest etc. but a figure that high is hard to justify. Equally the figure you quoted for MA must on a comparative basis be enhanced.

I agree with you that our club can't afford too many investments at 7%, why then create the first one? Besides if this is ever paid it will become an effective tax on fans and other shareholders and from MA's perspective compensation for a premium return he may well have paid to Foulger. We can always be sure that the ordinary folk pay the price.

Even if S&J seek no profit, how can you be sure that Tom won't?

That 8m is true and was researched by Buncey so I believe it. But I'm not aware of any claim that the 12m was all converted into shares.

I haven't said anything about Tom have I? What shares does he own?

This board has been dumbed down beyond belief. I remember when I had the likes of Bly Bly Babes and The Butler to contend with. Now it's no marks like Nora and Buh. Dumb and Dumber...

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That 8m is true and was researched by Buncey so I believe it. But I'm not aware of any claim that the 12m was all converted into shares.

I haven't said anything about Tom have I? What shares does he own?

The essential point about Tom is the shares he is likely to own in future but may cash in somewhere down the line including 100 he has already got acquired at £1 each plus the other 4 he may have paid the going rate for.