norfolkngood

Delia Interview in FT Still unsure about MA

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Further thoughts.

The aim of the share allotment I increasingly feel is as Purps has suggested - 2 in equal charge become 3 (DS & MWJ and MA). Which would revert to 2 again when TS inherits DS & MWJ's shares.

But the TP seem to have serious questions to ask whether these plans are unfair of the other shareholders. The plans may thus fall.

Then having been invited in, 2 will become one as MA takes full control in frustration. Perhaps ...

Shef, to be clear, I don't see why the Takeover Panel would have any problem with that equal-shares plan of itself. I believe it is the request for permission to get a vote on a waiver so Attanasio doesn't end up with more than 40 per cent that is seen as potentially unfair to the minorities, and so problematic. And as you suggest, so problemetic that there may need to be a significant rethink.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If he is that 100-a-day ciggie habit hasn't done him any favours...

But over 65 years of watching our beloved team has kept him young..

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Nonsense. There are more ' celebrity ' chefs cluttering up my tellybox screen especially at weekends than you can shake a stick at. I suggest a significant number of the general public under 40 have never even heard of her.

So those interviews were on the sports pages?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

GPB, the £10m invested so far is probably little more than Smith & Jones testing Attansasio's commitment. The current situation is little chance of a major investment (the share allotment, should it be allowed and I think there must be real doubts of this at the moment), will bring in another c.£20m, which is welcome but not a step change (organic growth maybe?).

One declared reason for Smith & Jones inviting Attanasio on seems to be help on the sweating assets more and thus providing material organic growth. The new Lion & Castle is the first of such initiatives?

Thanks Sheff. We’re slightly at crossed purposes . I was responding to a comment that the club’s future lies in “patient organic growth”. I was asking if that’s the case why are the club going outside of what most would consider “organic” growth ie trading and using profit to grow , or at best using existing asset to gear the company. you could argue that creating the shares and getting £10m is organic. I wouldn’t argue , but I would say this isn’t “patient” , as it was , as I said as a result of realisation that the club could not compete in the “model” they were embarked on. 

You make a very interesting point about the lion and castle. There is more to this - and it will come out eventually. The important aspect here is who wanted it , and who is paying for it . 

21 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Shef, to be clear, I don't see why the Takeover Panel would have any problem with that equal-shares plan of itself. I believe it is the request for permission to get a vote on a waiver so Attanasio doesn't end up with more than 40 per cent that is seen as potentially unfair to the minorities, and so problematic. And as you suggest, so problemetic that there may need to be a significant rethink.

The takeover panel aren’t concerned about equal share plan,  It is the offer to the minority shareholders that is the issue I suspect. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Back to 'she' again. You just can't help yourself.

So why have the current regime, created these shares? What is the purpose? 

I doubt the 'Delia connection' is past it's sell by date. In fact I should think it's very profitable. So much so that if Marky Mark gains control he'd be too savvy to dump it. Unless he was anti 'the woman' for some reason...

Who else gave those press interviews then?

Your obsession with defending Delia becomes beyond comprehension, but you continually fail to say why.

You , single me out and paint me as some kind of individual who is intent upon victimizing her which.  is far less than unfounded as you might just manage to  realise if you, for once, even bother to read the entirety of my postings, or those of other critics.

You just come over as one of those happy in your own zone of contentment. That's fine by me. I envy you, but you hardly ever attempt to justify your stance apart from the same old superficial repetition.

Our club is a brilliant established and a successful business, but it happens to be going in the wrong direction. Most can see this. You seem a man apart. 

This could go on forever but I thought you wanted debate. 

So if you believe the woman or the couple are the current regime, and you have the ability to read between the lines, what's the purpose of the share issue and these supposed dealings with the Takeover Panel?

Just to reiterate I'm quite happy to admit my ignorance, I don't know, I can't read between the lines, but I trust Michael and Delia to do what's best for our club. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This could go on forever but I thought you wanted debate. 

So if you believe the woman or the couple are the current regime, and you have the ability to read between the lines, what's the purpose of the share issue and these supposed dealings with the Takeover Panel?

Just to reiterate I'm quite happy to admit my ignorance, I don't know, I can't read between the lines, but I trust Michael and Delia to do what's best for our club. 

The answer lies in the way in which this coming season pans out.

Will we struggle or will we fail to become other that a mid-table club with no ambition or hope to betterment.

Let's see.

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The answer lies in the way in which this coming season pans out.

Will we struggle or will we fail to become other that a mid-table club with no ambition or hope to betterment.

Let's see.

Well, my mate @shefcanary will blow if we don't find out 'til the end of the season'. For his sake alone I hope your ability to read between the lines is akin to my ability to read tea leaves.

Edited by nutty nigel

Just when you think the end is in sight up she pops with another soul destroying interview. Everyone should know when the game’s up but unfortunately not Delia, she craves attention. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well, my mate @shefcanary will blow if we don't find out 'til the end of the season'. For his sake alone I hope your ability to read between the lines is akin to my ability to read tea leaves.

Anybody can read between the lines. I do not consider myself unique in that respect as it is easily done.

As for tea-leaves. I don't drink the stuff. Advise me of the wisdom of reading the leaves. I'm encouraged, 

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Come on Nutty, the be all and end all is to enjoy what is happening at the Carra. If progress is being made on the pitch, reflected by the board moving in the same direction, I'll be there with you.

I don't blow, I kind of have a light whistling coming out of my ears.

It looks like the TP are reminding Smith & Jones about corporate responsibilty. This knockback may just be the nudge they need to take such things seriously. 

I enjoyed aspects of todays workout in Germany mind, some real signs of a plan coming together. What did you think?

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Come on Nutty, the be all and end all is to enjoy what is happening at the Carra. If progress is being made on the pitch, reflected by the board moving in the same direction, I'll be there with you.

I don't blow, I kind of have a light whistling coming out of my ears.

It looks like the TP are reminding Smith & Jones about corporate responsibilty. This knockback may just be the nudge they need to take such things seriously. 

I enjoyed aspects of todays workout in Germany mind, some real signs of a plan coming together. What did you think?

Didn't see it buddy. I used to go to friendlies, even some away, but I can't do with them now. They aren't a 'proper game' anymore. I'm sure coaches get plenty from them but not for me. 

The best bit of news for me today was learning Sara should be getting minutes next week. As long as he's still here when the window shuts.

11 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Anybody can read between the lines. I do not consider myself unique in that respect as it is easily done.

As for tea-leaves. I don't drink the stuff. Advise me of the wisdom of reading the leaves. I'm encouraged, 

'Wisdom'

Would a person be a tealeaf if he put food in his trolley at Tesco, went past the checkouts, emptied his trolley into the food bank trolley and left the store empty handed?

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

'Wisdom'

Would a person be a tealeaf if he put food in his trolley at Tesco, went past the checkouts, emptied his trolley into the food bank trolley and left the store empty handed?

I'm struggling to decide whether it's you or Delia who has lost it.

Please, please don't reply. I've had my fill of nonsense for one day.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

So at this point you think it’s more likely d&m don’t want MA to go over 40% than he doesn’t want to buy out minority shareholdings ?

depressing If d&m are still holding us back…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

So at this point you think it’s more likely d&m don’t want MA to go over 40% than he doesn’t want to buy out minority shareholdings ?

depressing If d&m are still holding us back…

No.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

No.

That being the case then why would Attanasio be so desperate for the waiver for the sake of 5-10 million ??

Drop in the ocean for a wealthy man ?

2 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

That being the case then why would Attanasio be so desperate for the waiver for the sake of 5-10 million ??

Drop in the ocean for a wealthy man ?

This is the PurpleCanary Takeover Information Service. All our lines are busy but if you continue to hold we will get back to you sometime in the next financial year. Thank you for your custom.

• Like 1

Ha ha call me a cynic but it seems more likely d&m don’t want MA to go over 40% than him going over is a deal breaker for him ?!!!

44 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'm struggling to decide whether it's you or Delia who has lost it.

Please, please don't reply. I've had my fill of nonsense for one day.

Probably Delia because I'm a bloke and Wynnie's not even made the ballot.

On 14/07/2023 at 18:06, cambridgeshire canary said:

"all this money, money, money, one day it’s got to pop."

If anything it's only going to get worse

Only if you haven't got enough of it

6 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Thanks Badger. Couldnt can’t argue with that but the subjective question is how much? There is potential for monies in the future that could be “transformative” - and I know there is hope that that will happen to a greater extent away from equity sale. 

The south stand offices changed prior to Covid when Broadland Housing took less office space. This was filled by NCFC mostly . There isn’t much spare  space there now and that income would barely lace a players boots. But I do take your point . 

The issue is how much is transformative - and who is going to fund us to this level? Our best hope would be a mega rich fan but how likely is that and what happens when they can no longer afford it?

An ideal owner would be somebody like a Norwich version of Tony Bloom who has "given" Brighton £494 million in the last 10 years (88 million in share capital + 406 million in loans). How likely is he to finance them to the same level over the next 10 years and what happens when he stops? I strongly suspect that if Bloom were to stop funding Brighton altogether that they would be relegated in the next few years - I would argue that they have not been "transformed" but enjoying an inflated position due to excess borrowing. 

Swiss Ramble points out that owners in the last 10 years have given QPR £285 million, Stoke £195 million and Cardiff £194 million and have they been transformed? (https://swissramble.substack.com/p/middlesbrough-finances-202122  Behind paywall, but 7-day trial available.

If a "Canary Bloom" came along, I would grab his hand off but I won't hold my breath. Teams of similar sizes to us that stay up for a few years generally do so by some highly pragmatic football (Palace; Stoke; Burnley) - in Stoke's case they did it with a big injection of cash as well, but Burnley managed without and Palace had relatively little (with the shareholders in this case benefiting from buying out of administration for "peanuts").

IMO, our best chance of staying up is being similarly pragmatic (whether this will be tolerated by the fans is a moot point) and increase our chances over time by organic growth - increasing capacity and football/ non-football revenues. I appreciate that this is not as exciting as clinging to the fantasy that some have of a mega rich investor buying us into fame and glory (I not suggesting you are in this category).

• Thanks 1

Other people's money.

Until we are owned in another continent.

Then we're probably 2 bad season's away from wanting our club to be owned by fans again...

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just when you think the end is in sight up she pops with another soul destroying interview. Everyone should know when the game’s up but unfortunately not Delia, she craves attention. 

TBF - the article was about many things and touched upon Attenasio. Most of the article is biographical; her views on food (apparently her video on how to boil eggs has had 38 million views on You Tube); politics (in a broader sense) + the actual meal they had.

I think that people are over-interpreting what she said about football as if it were in any way significant - it is just one of these public interest stories about a "national treasure."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

TBF - the article was about many things and touched upon Attenasio. Most of the article is biographical; her views on food (apparently her video on how to boil eggs has had 38 million views on You Tube); politics (in a broader sense) + the actual meal they had.

I think that people are over-interpreting what she said about football as if it were in any way significant - it is just one of these public interest stories about a "national treasure."

I’ll give you that, she’s nailed how to prepare a boiled egg and soldiers. 

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Good luck with that Badger. The only reason anyone's heard of Delia Smith is her connection to our football club. Allegedly. (If you live in a bubble). 

Edited by nutty nigel

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Good luck with that Badger. The only reason anyone's heard of Delia Smith is her connection to our football club. Allegedly. (If you live in a bubble). 

Anyone around 40 would remember her more for the passionate rallying call v Man City than any cooking shows or books. 

What percentage of people around 40 take any notice of football let alone Norwich City.

Such a tiny bubble to live in.