20 minutes ago, komakino said:

It is because the various kit manufactures charge similar prices to the clubs, therefore pro rata we end up with the price of £55.00

The material of kits is never that great, but £55.00 in the overall scheme of things isn't a lot of money. Obviously if the fans stop buying them because of price, the only alternative would be for the club to make an inferior (cheaper) product to the usual ones at a price the public is prepared to pay. Conversely, if the quality was better, the public would have to pay more. 

I'd personally rather buy a yellow Lacoste at £95, which is far nicer to wear and doesn't change every season. 

My own view is that the club should only have two kits which are changed every 2 or 3 years, but are better quality at say £65. At least the fans that always buy the latest kits regardless would be better off as they would not have to change them so often. 

That is way off. For reasons best known to myself, a chap (not me) was quoted (China) around £4 to make Liverpool shirt copies. This was around 5 years ago. He told me he could buy in the UK, bulk 'snide' shirts for around £8, minimum 100. He then checked if he could get them cheaper.

The price charged is what the punter will pay. £55 officially, and £20 off the market, car boot etc. No reflection on the manufacturing cost. It will be the same material.

What incentive has the club to price them cheaper ? They are made from cheap materials with the knowledge they only need to last a year.  Is anyone forcing me to buy one. Absolutely not. Fans are free to chose, just as they are free to sit in the Barclay or pay for an executive box. Much as with the £250package to visit bintown.

So it's up to you. As long as you are aware of what you are buying, I can't see a problem..

Went to the club shop this afternoon to see what it actually looks, feels and fits like. Obviously, this isn't going to match last years kit but seeing it in front of me made my decision. Bought one. 

For me the home & away kits are both very poor, but the training kit this year, love it, that white & light blue is fantastic design, definitely want a training top when they become available.

20 minutes ago, RobJames said:

That is way off. For reasons best known to myself, a chap (not me) was quoted (China) around £4 to make Liverpool shirt copies. This was around 5 years ago. He told me he could buy in the UK, bulk 'snide' shirts for around £8, minimum 100. He then checked if he could get them cheaper.

The price charged is what the punter will pay. £55 officially, and £20 off the market, car boot etc. No reflection on the manufacturing cost. It will be the same material.

What incentive has the club to price them cheaper ? They are made from cheap materials with the knowledge they only need to last a year.  Is anyone forcing me to buy one. Absolutely not. Fans are free to chose, just as they are free to sit in the Barclay or pay for an executive box. Much as with the £250package to visit bintown.

So it's up to you. As long as you are aware of what you are buying, I can't see a problem..

Prices have gone up since then, but the basic principle is what the brand charges the retailer (Norwich City). So as much as the shirts are of questionable value, the club itself isn't ripping anyone off. But as you say, as long as you know what you are buying and fans generally do. 

4 hours ago, komakino said:

The brand will charge NCFC the wholesale price and are not responsible for what the selling price is, though there will be a typical mark up. 

Given that the retail for the mens is £55.00, the price NCFC will buy them for will be circa £22 + VAT (£26.40), so they are roughly doubling up after VAT. However, you have to factor in when they will be heavily discounted late in season. 

The fact that they are cheap to make is neither here nor there, as NCFC cannot do anything about the price charged to them. 

Personally replica tops are not nice things to wear and I wouldn't wear one as a gift. 

It’s not entirely fair just to quote the price from Joma though. There are many other overheads incurred before the shirt actually reaches a paying customer. Design, shipping, storage, cost of running the shop/website and so on. I’ve no idea how much extra they add up to but they are there.

1 hour ago, komakino said:

I'd personally rather buy a yellow Lacoste at £95, which is far nicer to wear and doesn't change every season. 

I’m guessing a “Lacoste” is something like a men’s suit if it has a price of £95? It surely can’t be something as ordinary as a T shirt? 🤔

Edited by Nuff Said

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

Do you keep that philosophy about evrything? Food, fuel, housing, holidays?

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Its ok , only sportsmen playing sport are supposed to wear them , for playing sport. Sportily.  

Good job some decide to wear when they are not sporty or doing sporty things  otherwise my season ticket cost would probably double

Edited by city4eva

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Do you keep that philosophy about evrything? Food, fuel, housing, holidays?

Not too sure what your point is there, Mr K Grandad

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s not entirely fair just to quote the price from Joma though. There are many other overheads incurred before the shirt actually reaches a paying customer. Design, shipping, storage, cost of running the shop/website and so on. I’ve no idea how much extra they add up to but they are there.

I would  presume Primark have the same over heads. But I very much doubt anyone would consider paying £55 for what is basically a t-shirt. So are the club ripping off fans ? Absolutely not. The choice is down to the buyer.  There's no con or rip off. What you see is what you get.

7 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned bit kit is very similar to our friends across the pond 

DCE16021-66AD-4458-968F-7CFFDD1D85DC.jpeg

D6281D69-A346-40D0-9FA4-658B09A1478D.jpeg

The bottom pic shows well what I was going to say - the all plain yellow sleeves on our kit look a little weird. I think it’s what throws it off. A stripe on the sleeves (or even maybe completely green sleeves) would have looked better I think. 

The more muted official photos do look better than the club shop almost orange yellow pictures. But either way not my favourite.

Edited by Aggy

Quite like it, probably doesn't need the stripes down the sides but it's pleasant enough. Essentially though its a yellow and green football kit, just like a fixture list is what order you play everyone twice. Nothing to get particularly excited or miffed about. 

Results are what matter above all else! 

3 hours ago, RobJames said:

I would  presume Primark have the same over heads. But I very much doubt anyone would consider paying £55 for what is basically a t-shirt. So are the club ripping off fans ? Absolutely not. The choice is down to the buyer.  There's no con or rip off. What you see is what you get.

Primark have massive economies of scale though.

But yes, everyone can see the price before they buy.

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m guessing a “Lacoste” is something like a men’s suit if it has a price of £95? It surely can’t be something as ordinary as a T shirt? 🤔

It's exactly the same as any polo shirt you'd get from Primark or suchlike except it's got a small crocodile embroidered on it, thus making it stupidly overpriced.

No, I don't get it either....

• Like 1

Not mad on it, the stripe down the sides seems unnecessary and looks odd. But not bad. 

In generally though, the stuff Joma are producing is streets ahead of Errea. 

Another thing, the lotus sponsor really is a great visual to build a shirt around. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Unhinged Canary said:

It's exactly the same as any polo shirt you'd get from Primark or suchlike except it's got a small crocodile embroidered on it, thus making it stupidly overpriced.

No, I don't get it either....

used to know a Taxi driver that regularly went to Thailand for holidays, he brought back thousands of those little embroidered Crocodiles, sold them at 50p each , 12 for a fiver, snapped up by people who stuck/sewed them onto primark Polo shirts. This was early 80s before the industrial scale knockoff market opened up. 

• Haha 1

On 14/07/2023 at 12:14, keelansgrandad said:

I've just noticed that the tots kit is £45.

Clothing manufacturers have no shame.

Prob not down to them, kinds clothes are zero VAT! 

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Popped into Jarrolds today, it looks nicer in the flesh, I was tempted.

Yes I thought so too. Changed my mind and got one when I saw it.