Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

RIP Twitter

Yep, he's well and truly shagged it. The plastic faced tool. He should have stuck with his overpriced bumper cars.

• Like 1

This 600, Is it tweets you click on or ones that come up and you pass by?

If its the first at you are maxed out it's probably time to rethink your life,  but if its the second that does seem like a fairly good way to drive traffic elsewhere. Still I guess they have thought of it. The death of twitter has been predicted in the past and yet, here it still is.

Basically he's at it or it's highlighting how our data is harvested more and more with AI companies training AIs on websites like this forum say. Overloading them in the process.

8 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Basically he's at it or it's highlighting how our data is harvested more and more with AI companies training AIs on websites like this forum say. Overloading them in the process.

Nah, the fat mooch ain't paying his bills.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-stopped-paying-google-cloud-bills-money-platformer-2023-6?r=US&IR=T

12 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

This 600, Is it tweets you click on or ones that come up and you pass by?

If its the first at you are maxed out it's probably time to rethink your life,  but if its the second that does seem like a fairly good way to drive traffic elsewhere. Still I guess they have thought of it. The death of twitter has been predicted in the past and yet, here it still is.

I think it might be the second one, meaning you'll reach the max limit fairly quickly.

I heard a rumour that they didn't/forgot to renew the contract for server space, do they've not got much to work with at the moment.

Likely he'll renew it in a few days and then tweet to say they've taken on used feedback and have removed the limits. If its not that, then he has ruined twitter!

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Hopefully, the world would be a better place without Twitter (IMO).

If Fakebook would disappear too I would be grateful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herman said:

If Fakebook would disappear too I would be grateful.

I use it for local Marketplace. That is useful. And free unlike Ebay. But seeing a picture of somebodys tea is bizarre.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not generally on SM (I have accounts but never or hardly ever 'send'). FB is unfashionable (just us boomers), WhatsApp seems to be the one of choice, Twitter is twatted (but I have sympathy with Musk trying to make it pay as it's used almost like a free public broadcast service) but I tend to use Google Chat as all I want to do is send videos, messages, images or indeed calls globally (not China - no Google). No crap! 

Edited by Yellow Fever

Twitter is similar to here in that there are some good people and some good communities springing up, keeping people connected and informed. Unfortunately because of its size and poor moderation there are millions of idiots, gob****es and very angry people shouting ill-informed opinions, trolling and just plain nasty. And it has got worse under Elmo's very poor stewardship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Twitter is similar to here in that ... there are... very angry people shouting ill-informed opinions, trolling and just plain nasty. 

As they used to say far too often on social media "there, I have fixed it for you"

2 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

As they used to say far too often on social media "there, I have fixed it for you"

It's surprising you are still here considering you don't like anyone on this forum.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

It's surprising you are still here considering you don't like anyone on this forum.

I dont mind most of you!

An ad now appears in my Twitter feed every one in three posts. They are all pretty unrelated to anybody I follow and marking them as ‘not interested in this tweet’ doesn’t seem to make any difference so I’ve started reporting them instead. This won’t make any difference either but at least it keeps someone in a job checking them-unless Musk has replaced all the real employees with AI.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Apparently there is a rival starting today called Threads which is linked to Instagram. 

When someone says "Threads" I always think of that film from the 80's about nuclear war and how to survive the aftermath.

On 02/07/2023 at 16:16, keelansgrandad said:

I use it for local Marketplace. That is useful. And free unlike Ebay. But seeing a picture of somebodys tea is bizarre.

Just ask them really annoying questions about how they cooked it and where they got the meat etc. They soon stop

On 02/07/2023 at 12:32, Creative Midfielder said:

Hopefully, the world would be a better place without Twitter (IMO).

Imagine a world where people read books and formed their own opinions. nah, will never catch on.

Well, if all they read is the Bible /Torah /Q'uran and they form opinions off that, then society is still ****ed either way.

Quite happy for them all to eat each other and disappear down some rabbit hole together. Strange world social media and does strange things to otherwise well-adjusted people - one of my weirdest experiences was being asked by someone I had worked with since the days of typewriters to 'friend' her on Diddlespot or whatever, like she hadn't noticed our association or it somehow didn't count without this new 'friendship'. I know we all use social media in one form or another and in places like this but to me friendship is going for a beer together after work, not gazing at a smartphone screen while waiting for the next bus.

• Like 2