Pyro Pete

"Women’s football, I do not watch it. It’s of zero interest"

28 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Sure, but that just goes to show how easy it is for the sporting director to support the growth of the women's team, even if he, on a personal level, has no interest in it. He just didn't have to say the other bit and it was really stupid of him to do so.

I really admire the way you defend Webber from some of the more mindless criticism of him on this board, Hoggy, but in this case I think you might have gone too far the other way and ended up defending the indefensible.

That's fine @Robert N. LiM!

I'm not even really defending, just adding balance. I've actually said a few times on this board that he shouldn't have really done these latest interviews and he should stop with the necessity of being honest in everything he says. I think he should toe the party line that other Sporting Directors or CEO's do, and save himself the flack. Of course, we'd now all be criticising the owners instead but that's part and parcel of owning a football club I guess.

I completely agree he didn't need to talk about his personal views on women's football. I guess he is entitled to though, as the club doesn't look to be punishing him on it any time soon. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ah, if that's the case you should do what our club has done and make them sign a written agreement whereby Zoe won't be in the room if discussing Webbers future. The rest of the board can make that call though, and I doubt Mark Attanassio would be swayed by the fact Zoe is somewhere in the building.

They won't need to do that, because I wouldn't be so stupid as to say anything like that. My job is to make my company more money, not to publicly disparage a potential future revenue stream. That would make me a very **** and very stupid employee of the company.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

They won't need to do that, because I wouldn't be so stupid as to say anything like that. My job is to make my company more money, not to publicly disparage a potential future revenue stream. That would make me a very **** and very stupid employee of the company.

I wonder what total income vs expenditure is since Webber came in? Even just players in vs players out? Maybe he's made his company far more money than you've made yours? Maybe not? 🙂

1 hour ago, Nora's Ghost said:

The BBC have nothing else to show now so women's football is their woke contribution to the once great game.

Woke contribution? Really...

Are women not allowed to play football in your world? 

Is woke now a word that people use when they don't like or understand something?

• Like 1

If you don't wish to watch women's football that's your choice. If you are Sporting Director at a club with a woman's team you have a responsibility  to help build that team and the revenue it potential could bring to the club. 

He can 100% say he doesn't watch women's football as an individual. As an employee of NCFC it's really unprofessional.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I wonder what total income vs expenditure is since Webber came in? Even just players in vs players out? Maybe he's made his company far more money than you've made yours? Maybe not? 🙂

The amount of energy you're putting into 'providing balance' is a bit weird at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, king canary said:

The amount of energy you're putting into 'providing balance' is a bit weird at this point.

xgtraordinary...

Great national exposure for mysogony.

It's been taken out of context but he now looks like a prat on the big stage.

No one will want to hire him now, on the upside maybe we can give him a disciplinary.

Doesn't look good for a family club 

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well isn't that the zinger. He's made more money for NCFC than I have for my employer! Must be doing a brilliant job!

Mind you, in relative terms I have almost certainly contributed to growing the value of the company I work for far more than Webber has his.

8 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Great national exposure for mysogony.

It's been taken out of context but he now looks like a prat on the big stage.

No one will want to hire him now, on the upside maybe we can give him a disciplinary.

Doesn't look good for a family club 

I think you mean an even bigger prat. His spaffing money up the walls and woeful Premier League recruitment already made him look a prat on the big stage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Webber could have been positive, focusing on the growth and improvement of women's football in general, and kept any of his own negative opinions to himself.

Not even like you need media training for this - it's basic common sense, particularly for someone in a leadership position at the club.

Webber clearly isn't stupid, so he's either trying to draw the flak away from the coach and squad, wants to be put out of his misery with a big pay off, or simply does not give a monkey's and believes his own "straight talking" hype. I can't decide which.

Again, it does all emphasise a lack of accountability and structure at the club when your DoF talks in this fashion.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Woke contribution? Really...

Are women not allowed to play football in your world? 

Is woke now a word that people use when they don't like or understand something?

You may be ok about having things shoved down your throat but some of us are rather more aware.

Wokeness only works on the gullible.

46 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sooo much hate.

One of you will go off pop before long...

Hate? Where? Very odd.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Yep, it's made the BBC news front page

The front page for coverage on Norfolk, not exactly all over Skysports 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

The front page for coverage on Norfolk, not exactly all over Skysports 

No. Front home page of BBC.co.uk

7 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

It really isn't.

It's on Norfolk.

I'd love it Michael Bailey was on the front page of national news. Let's send PUPpower and see if we can make it happen...

Edited by nutty nigel
💪🏿💪💪🏿💪💪🏿💪

8 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Yes, I saw.  Interesting that Michael Bailey - obviously completely innocent of trying to stir things - is directly quoted.  There’s a surprise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It really isn't.

It's on Norfolk.

I'd love it Michael Bailey was on the front page of national news. Let's send PUPpower and see if we can make it happen...

It is, if you look on the right bit - otherwise I’d not have seen it.  It’s only under the lead local bits, but those can easily snowball.

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It really isn't.

It's on Norfolk.

It is literally on the homepage.

www.bbc.co.uk

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

A few posts? What's weird about it?

It doesn't matter whether you agree with him or not. The guy is still a massive cockwomble for saying it publicly, given his position at the club. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yeah I’ve just looked myself, the headline is there, apologies @Michael Starr

It's not on there for me.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Well isn't that the zinger. He's made more money for NCFC than I have for my employer! Must be doing a brilliant job!

Mind you, in relative terms I have almost certainly contributed to growing the value of the company I work for far more than Webber has his.

Well credit to you, although pardon my scepticism as i'd be interested in a current valuation of Norwich City right now + revenue gained nett from transfers during Webbers time....

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Well credit to you, although pardon my scepticism as i'd be interested in a current valuation of Norwich City right now + revenue gained nett from transfers during Webbers time....

Well if Dan has made his company net trading profit of £80m I hope he has a good bonus scheme. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's not on there for me.

Top of the page is about the lad that died in Cardiff, if you scroll down a little it’s just under “ Sophie is the first royal to visit Baghdad “

• Like 1