This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Where will NCFC finish next season

• top two
    • playoffs
    • 7-12
    • 13-16
    • 16-20
    • relegation

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/23 at 07:47

I can't see much point in predicting anything at this stage until we know who is relegated from the EPL and which players are here when the transfer window has slammed shut in 3 months time.

Bashley Barnes isn't going to be our only signing and if Omo, Aarons and Giannoulis leave we're looking at pretty much an entirely new back 4.

Realistically we're looking at a season or two of transition but I still think potentially we're better than the play-off contenders of this season. 

The same probably applies to all teams in the Division.

Play offs. Too many good teams in the championship already playing good football for a club who realistically have no forward momentum in footballing style or method, who will be replacing a lot of players too. We'll do well - very well imo - to get in the play offs.

Around 10th 

my opinion and guess is we will start off badly 

Wagner will prove he is not the man for the job ( we have seen little so far )

my guess he will not last a season 

• Like 1

If big Andy leaves in the summer it depends how we spend the record fee received. Could Adam go on a roll and chip in with 3/4 goals next season? Let’s just leave it to Stu. 

Our history since Worthy has been largely of a club having their fair share of being in the higher echelons of the Chumps, with one notable and a few other exceptions.

It's in the Carrow Road water, in the Norfolk air, in the club's DNA and in Doris's boardroom biscuits .... We also have our Soccerbot, I therefore voted play-offs, not withstanding activities within the market over the course of the Summer.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Hic!

Edited by BroadstairsR

17 minutes ago, Canarybee said:

Come on who put relegation😃

Only because "ejected from the Football League" wasn't an option.😁

• Haha 1

hi nutty, i put slightly worse than this season but avoiding relegation. The only budget for transfers is coming from sales as MA is not chipping in until later apparently.

The poll closes on August 4th before the new season starts. If there are enough votes then we migh get a "wisdom of the crowd" effect and have a good idea of where things might head.

I am amused at how often the tag binner gets thrown around but then i remembered that this it the part of the country that was calling people witches a few hundred years ago and putting some of them to death. Perhaps we need to appoint a "binner finder general" to out the real binners. I am sure you can think of some appropriate tests. 

Definitely too soon to accurately answer. But with a gun to my head I'd predict 7-12. With an actual lunatic in charge of a massive squad overhaul I've not much optimism that we'll have a top 6 squad come September and we have a head coach who has failed in his last two jobs and is currently failing at this one.

I'm still looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

If the Divorcees, Virgins and Female Footballers have their way....Mid-table....

Don't forget the middle-aged drunks, though some of them probably fit into the first two categories.

Edited by canarydan23

Might improve on this season position.  However more likely to struggle and be low down in table but no relegation.  Have no confidence rebuild will be a success.  Webber needs to change tack in the sort of players we need.  Oma unlikely to attract interest as yet to provide any semblance of ability to be decent CB.

4 hours ago, Canary Pie said:

hi nutty, i put slightly worse than this season but avoiding relegation. The only budget for transfers is coming from sales as MA is not chipping in until later apparently.

The poll closes on August 4th before the new season starts. If there are enough votes then we migh get a "wisdom of the crowd" effect and have a good idea of where things might head.

I am amused at how often the tag binner gets thrown around but then i remembered that this it the part of the country that was calling people witches a few hundred years ago and putting some of them to death. Perhaps we need to appoint a "binner finder general" to out the real binners. I am sure you can think of some appropriate tests. 

News to me. When later and how much is he chipping in?

How will that affect our imminent administration?

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

News to me. When later and how much is he chipping in?

How will that affect our imminent administration?

You worry too much Nutty, go with the flow. 

6 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

No idea, until we know who leaves and who comes in.

True, but my biggest concern is now the manager, who will remain.

I was pleased at his appointment and original impact and thought that we were certs to reach the play-offs.

We all know what happened after the victory at Millwall though and some of his selections, line-ups and substitutions were puzzlingly poor.

That run-in was horrendous. Relegation form.

This is without knowing anything about his influence on the changing room.

Because of all this there is a great big   ?

I quite like the fellow, but is he really any good?

Edited by BroadstairsR

I dunno. I'll be honest and say that before our first promotion season I had a weird feeling that it was all going to go horribly wrong without Maddison. I'd seen Rhodes play before and shuddered at the thought of him being our main striker, Pukki didn't excite me and I thought Buendia was one for the future likewise I had no confidence in Vrancic, Hernandez and Stiepermann to step up after the previous season. Zimbo was very raw in that first season as well, Klose was on the decline and Hanley wasn't the player he is now. We obviously had no idea about Aarons either so a lot of the stars from that team went under the radar for me like Zimbo/Aarons/Vrancic/Hernandez/Stiepermann/Pukki. 

I thought we'd be fighting relegation that year. It was a shockingly poor prediction on my part so I'm always uncomfortable guessing things like that now. But if you put a gun to my head 7th to 12th. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

True, but my biggest concern is now the manager, who will remain.

I was pleased at his appointment and original impact and thought that we were certs to reach the play-offs.

We all know what happened after the victory at Millwall though and some of his selections, line-ups and substitutions were puzzlingly poor.

That run-in was horrendous. Relegation form.

This is without knowing anything about his influence on the changing room.

Because of all this there is a great big   ?

I quite like the fellow, but is he really any good?

That's fair comment.

His last success was 2017. Which is a long time ago, in football terms.

27 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You worry too much Nutty, go with the flow. 

It's the flow that takes me the places I go...

17 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I dunno. I'll be honest and say that before our first promotion season I had a weird feeling that it was all going to go horribly wrong without Maddison. I'd seen Rhodes play before and shuddered at the thought of him being our main striker, Pukki didn't excite me and I thought Buendia was one for the future likewise I had no confidence in Vrancic, Hernandez and Stiepermann to step up after the previous season. Zimbo was very raw in that first season as well, Klose was on the decline and Hanley wasn't the player he is now. We obviously had no idea about Aarons either so a lot of the stars from that team went under the radar for me like Zimbo/Aarons/Vrancic/Hernandez/Stiepermann/Pukki. 

I thought we'd be fighting relegation that year. It was a shockingly poor prediction on my part so I'm always uncomfortable guessing things like that now. But if you put a gun to my head 7th to 12th. 

Post of the year buddy 👍👍👍

This was how most people felt. Of course some thought we were going to hell in a handcart. Others had hopes and dreams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

It's the flow that takes me the places I go...

Join Stu mount mountaineering, you’ll love it Nutty. 

52 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Join Stu mount mountaineering, you’ll love it Nutty. 

Then you could watch on from your armchair lift...