Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

BBC Sounds - Stuart Webber Interview

Slagginng off the quality of the callers to canary call....... 

He has a point with some, tbf but as a generalization. Wow. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

Slagginng off the quality of the callers to canary call....... 

He has a point with some, tbf but as a generalization. Wow. 

That’s on radio norfolk as they find the most bumpkin people to go on air as it brings more listeners 

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The secret to my success is eating a hotdog in the shower every morning

BK8 alll over again..... 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Yet again ridiculing the fans “a few divorcees in the snake pit” 

How the hell can people still back this man? 

Tbh he isn’t totally wrong though, is he.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

He isn’t wrong though, is he.

That they pay a lot of money for season tickets and have opinions which he doesn’t like? 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

He isn’t wrong though, is he.

Can divorcees in the Snakepit throw their voices right the way around Carrow Road then?!

5 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I'm listening to it now.

While Chris Goreham's questions are very direct - polite, but direct - Webber's responses so far are very, very defensive.

Understandable, to a certain extent.

But we've not yet heard the plan for the future, beyond selling our best players.

I hope that's still to come...

Says also that he is a "human shield".

That's Mr Defensive right there! 

The plan so far on the podcast is to sign older / experienced / senior players I think. Guess we've started with Barnes. They want maybe two more.

Then to invest in the youth side.

I think this is concrete evidence that his time at the club should end and sums up the arrogance and neglect that has happened over the past few years

webber out Hughton in 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That they pay a lot of money for season tickets and have opinions which he doesn’t like? 

Who?  I think you need to realise the context in which he is commenting

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone nice enough to give a quick summary of the things he has said? Really don't want to hear his voice

I super understand your dilemma. 👏

What I'm getting from this is that Webber is constantly thinking 'why aren't we Brentford'

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Who?  I think you need to realise the context in which he is commenting

Never clever to slag off paying customers . You agree with it which is your prerogative. 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Never clever to slag off paying customers . You agree with it which is your prerogative. 

You can if you are the only show in town.  Until people vote with their feet nothing will change - not that I’m overly pro-or-anti Webber. I’ve always been largely meh about him - it’s odd how much people get riled by him.

Also if we don't use the "divorcies in the snakepit" as a chant next season I'm going to be monumentally disappointed!

The fans stuff is all just white noise - what in the interview gave hope for next season? From snippets I have seen it sounded like -“ we need Max off the payroll and will sell anyone with resale value” in which case that sounds dire…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He should be sacked just for say ‘super’ nearly every sentence. 

That was super-annoying.

Finished listening now.

The closest I got to hearing what the plan now was, was that they're going to try and balance experience with youth. And use a bit more sh!thousery (not his words) and be nastier to play against.

In recruitment, they're moving to a more data-driven, analytics approach, which they used to identify Sara and Nunez.

Oh yeah, and it's our fault the players didn't enjoy playing at Carrow Road because we were so negative, apparently.

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The fans stuff is all just white noise - what in the interview gave hope for next season? From snippets I have seen it sounded like -“ we need Max off the payroll and will sell anyone with resale value” in which case that sounds dire…

It was more than that. A quick snippet:

He doesn't want negativity in the ground at home - to accept that there will be some performances that don't come up to expectation but the crowd need to tolerate and get back supporting

He doesn't like personal abuse. 

He wants to invest still in the youth side and technical data areas

He wants the team to be more tough, harder and not be easy to beat. 

To cut out stupid gifts. Not sure if he meant new defenders in but I read it that way

Need most of all to create better chances for Idah and Sarge.

Sees Barnes as someone to develop the above. Wants one possibly two more in with lots of experience

Perhaps he won't be around for too long - I'm reading into his comments here. But he is proud of what he has achieved

Wants a better campaign next year. Expects excitement to build in the summer as we recruit. Will be a big summer of changes

Sorry if I have missed stuff.

A lot of defensive statements also peppered in his replies but the above is my quick attempt at the main elements of his 'plan'

• Thanks 2

First half of interview, overly defensive and some snippets that will be taken to attack him with. He said them, so it's on him. None of it I had a problem with personally, but none of it moves us ahead.

Thought the second half was much more open and honest, much more worth a listen.

RE OMO - No one said it was a club record fee other than made up on here. The phrase was "club record fee FOR A DEFENDER" which means ahead of Godfrey.

Also big note - our biggest record transfer to date is still Tim Klose. 

• Like 1

Just finished the Radnor hour. 

Think everything he said makes a lot of sense and I'm looking to the summer a lot more now. Webber in?

Comes on to hold his hands up to admit that he got things wrong without ever actually explaining what it was that he thinks that he got wrong which leads one to suspect that he either doesn't know exactly what it was or that he doesn't really think that he was wrong in the first place ...

Nothing especially ground breaking in there.  He as good as admitted that he sold Emi to rebuilt the team before hastily correcting himself.  Sounds like Sarge and Idah will be leading the line with Barnes potentially playing off them.  Barnes does actually sound a good buy in terms of character.  The Omo transfer record was just the highest for a defender (ie. more than Godfrey.)  Interesting little snippet (if true) about Klose still being the record transfer fee ...

It was ok. a bit meh.  Pretty much exactly as expected.   Questions were polite but direct, answers were probably as open and honest as we could ever expect to hear from any SD.

I'm not particularly part of the Webber out brigade, so it'll still depend for me on how this window pans out and how we start next season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

We’re going round in circles here mate but I do wonder what people really expect…the club are criticised for not coming out and saying anything then when someone does, this happens 

Unfortunately….for some on here, he’s damned if he does & damned if he doesn’t, sometimes the truth hurt’s & obviously some people on here it hurts. 

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Just finished the Radnor hour. 

Think everything he said makes a lot of sense and I'm looking to the summer a lot more now. Webber in?

Perfectly put. 

Thought it was all a fair reflection on the season and the club, and most other things too.

Quite funny to see posters on here getting all angry about Mr. Webber, yet more than happy to abuse him in the same post.  Some would call it pathetic, others might use a phrase which the same people probably use without realising the irony - snowflakes.

He says some sensible stuff as always but also as always interspersed with chippy, anti fan comments that just perpetuate the “them v us” atmosphere at the club. The Webbers and the Smiths have their own echo chamber where all criticism is unfair and the fans are ungrateful brats who don’t realise how lucky we are to have them. 

• Like 3