2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I read on another thread that it is their first promotion for 23 years, and their first automatic promotion for 31 years. How many have we had in that time?

In the past 40 years they have won one 2nd division title. We have won 4, and a 3rd division title, plus a League cup. They might want to squeak about them winning the FA Youth cup, we won it twice. There is no area when they haven't been second best over the past 40 years. Time in the PL, highest place in the PL, qualified for Europe, attendances. Sure we've had a bit of a set back, but that is the case for most clubs bar a dozen or so out of the 92. They still have to work out how they are going to get a return on the money given to them. There's naff all to be earned in the Championship, and the yawning gap between the few million they will get next season compared to the tens of millions in parachute payments suggest their owners may have another few decades to wait.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

They’ll be above us next week on alphabetical order. 

For three months too!

The consternation on here will be a joy to behold...

4 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

In the past 40 years they have won one 2nd division title. We have won 4, and a 3rd division title, plus a League cup. They might want to squeak about them winning the FA Youth cup, we won it twice. There is no area when they haven't been second best over the past 40 years. Time in the PL, highest place in the PL, qualified for Europe, attendances.

Yes, but other than that PP ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yes, but other than that PP ? 

umm.......they reached the play off semi final in 2015, scored twice against us in 2010/11.... and umm......

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

In the past 40 years they have won one 2nd division title. We have won 4, and a 3rd division title, plus a League cup. They might want to squeak about them winning the FA Youth cup, we won it twice. There is no area when they haven't been second best over the past 40 years. Time in the PL, highest place in the PL, qualified for Europe, attendances. Sure we've had a bit of a set back, but that is the case for most clubs bar a dozen or so out of the 92. They still have to work out how they are going to get a return on the money given to them. There's naff all to be earned in the Championship, and the yawning gap between the few million they will get next season compared to the tens of millions in parachute payments suggest their owners may have another few decades to wait.

And we moan about THEM banging on about 'their history'!!

The facts you mention are not in doubt. Nor I'm afraid would be their supremacy from c1973 - 1981. Look at their past managers and TWO managed England, one of whom went onto win the World Cup and the other got to the Semi Final. This is not me 'bigging up Ipswich' although I will be slated by the usual yellow blinkered posters on here but it's fact.

10 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

The facts you mention are not in doubt. Nor I'm afraid would be their supremacy from c1973 - 1981. Look at their past managers and TWO managed England, one of whom went onto win the World Cup and the other got to the Semi Final. This is not me 'bigging up Ipswich' although I will be slated by the usual yellow blinkered posters on here but it's fact.

What is a fact is that they haven't beaten us for 14 years AND COUNTING. That's not history, it's history being made. And unless you have any future results you are looking into the future through those old blue and white specs...

We have no chance of winning at Portman road as they will play Ed Sheerin songs and our players ears will bleed.

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

You will not be slated as much as you constantly slate City. And it is no coincidence that you regularly post bin **** into the bargain. Posting up a correction is not 'banging on' about something. The obsession is you and fellow binners. Unable to accept that City have been in the ascendancy for the past 40 years you reply with bin sh.it we already know. Now what's the betting when your lot tip at CR there will be any number of suffolk teenagers outside the South Stand, as before squeaking about how they once won the European Cup (they didn't). Given that it is suffolk it would be a fair bet, their grandfathers were not born when they won what is the equivalent of the Europa Conference League.  40 years is a lot of hurt, and humiliation.

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Wow , the stench of bin on here is horrendous . 

Yes, and it seems to be getting worse corresponding to the relative fortunes of our clubs.

The thing is, they masquerade (badly) as City supporters. How ridiculous is that? Their true colours are glaringly obvious.

Perhaps if they were honest about their allegiances and acted like adults by revealing their true interests, they might just promote some worthwhile discussion rather than schoolboy banter.

This forum is generally more tolerant of other team's fans posting on it, and rather more so than TWTD, where there pervades the short man syndrome susceptible to anything that is remotely critical of their club.

Right now I can only see two embarrassing defeats for us coming up. The level of squad overhaul required is massive so I have no expectation of it happening. I predicted sn 8 to 12 finish at the start of the season and regrettably that seems to be the outcome. Next season could be even worse. Well done the geriatrics!

9 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

You will not be slated as much as you constantly slate City. And it is no coincidence that you regularly post bin **** into the bargain. Posting up a correction is not 'banging on' about something. The obsession is you and fellow binners. Unable to accept that City have been in the ascendancy for the past 40 years you reply with bin sh.it we already know. Now what's the betting when your lot tip at CR there will be any number of suffolk teenagers outside the South Stand, as before squeaking about how they once won the European Cup (they didn't). Given that it is suffolk it would be a fair bet, their grandfathers were not born when they won what is the equivalent of the Europa Conference League.  40 years is a lot of hurt, and humiliation.

Oh dear!!

Let me factually correct you on the 'European Cup'. ITFC won the UEFA Cup in 1981. Todays equivalent is the 'Europa League' NOT the 'Europa Conference League'. I know it must be difficult for you but do try and keep up!

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Oh dear!!

Let me factually correct you on the 'European Cup'. ITFC won the UEFA Cup in 1981. Todays equivalent is the 'Europa League' NOT the 'Europa Conference League'. I know it must be difficult for you but do try and keep up!

Its still the ' Thursday  Cup' though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

This forum is generally more tolerant of other team's fans posting on it, and rather more so than TWTD, where there pervades the short man syndrome susceptible to anything that is remotely critical of their club.

Very true. When they went down I went on the forum to congratulate them on a long 17 year stint in the 2nd division and they didn't like that.

Edited by KiwiScot

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Oh dear!!

And that's the issue right there - Ipswich fans are disconnected from reality.  Stating what the equivalent of the UEFA Cup MIGHT BE is an approximation or an assumption, not a 'fact' as you state. 

Looks like they'll be pullin' up trees next season....they've started with the one at the top of the stand....

7 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Oh dear!!

City fans are well aware of what the Eufa Cup is. Not the European Cup. As was squeaked by binners at the outside of the South Stand. Cynics might suggest I put up the Europa conference claim simply to flush out this binner. Would a City supporter do such a thing ? And would a binner be so stupid as to fall for it 🤣 ? Guess what ?

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

🙃

Fu5vBs3XgAAWnav?format=jpg&name=small

Theyz not reel ipsnitch farns.....theyz too purty to be ipsnitch farns.....

33 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

City fans are well aware of what the Eufa Cup is. Not the European Cup. As was squeaked by binners at the outside of the South Stand. Cynics might suggest I put up the Europa conference claim simply to flush out this binner. Would a City supporter do such a thing ? And would a binner be so stupid as to fall for it 🤣 ? Guess what ?

I've not fallen for anything my friend. I have merely exposed your total lack of objectivity when having discussions on the achievements of the respective clubs. I agreed with your original listing of factual events over the last 40 years as I said in my first response. I merely then pointed out their record (in fact I didn't list all their league finishes or successive seasons of European competition as it would only have annoyed you even more!) between 1973-1981.  Again I might humbly suggest yet another inaccuracy in your post above. Please check the spelling of 'UEFA'!!   

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I've not fallen for anything my friend. I have merely exposed your total lack of objectivity when having discussions on the achievements of the respective clubs. I agreed with your original listing of factual events over the last 40 years as I said in my first response. I merely then pointed out their record (in fact I didn't list all their league finishes or successive seasons of European competition as it would only have annoyed you even more!) between 1973-1981.  Again I might humbly suggest yet another inaccuracy in your post above. Please check the spelling of 'UEFA'!!   

Methinks the laddie doth protest too loudly

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

@yellowrider120 accused of being a Binner is quite laughable. If only they knew hey Dave ?

Indeed John indeed!

Lets not spoil their fun hey? It's actually very amusing seeing them getting more and more wound up when they get demolished with old fashioned objective analysis. The likes of me and you have no need to prove our Yellow credentials to anyone! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

🙃

Fu5vBs3XgAAWnav?format=jpg&name=small

Oh yeah they’re SO naughty.. fcuk me… moments like these make my balls shrink up into myself.

Edited by Danke bitte
“I just hate the general public”

Surely Norwich fans wouldn't post about Ipswich in the hope of later posting an "I Told You So" if the binners nick a point from us next season? 

Surely not...

• Haha 2

Things I would do with my very precious time. 

Earn a living 

Spend time with the family 

Pick up litter 

Watch paint dry 

Go on a rivals website . 

Yes. I think that’s  about it . Obviously I’d reverse the first two. 

On 29/04/2023 at 18:14, Myra Hawtree said:

Can’t bear to see them doing so well and scoring all those goals when can’t even get one at home.

All those “fans” too have come out of the woodwork!!!

A blessing and a curse. The ones that have come out of the woodwork now will be the first to start jeering when they hit a bump in the road.

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Surely Norwich fans wouldn't post about Ipswich in the hope of later posting an "I Told You So" if the binners nick a point from us next season? 

Surely not...

You have stated it would be an easy six points. We’re going to play them now so you could pledge a tenner to your old hero for any points dropped next season?