Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Why is this forum closed to new members?

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This forum is dead the day that they ban you mate.

If I did something that deserved a ban that would be my fault. The snitching I'm referring to was for doing something said snitch had been doing to me for months.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If I did something that deserved a ban that would be my fault. The snitching I'm referring to was for doing something said snitch had been doing to me for months.

Same.

6 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

**** me. This entire thread descends to depths I didn't think possible even for this lot.

Nah, this is good, open discusssion about a subject that is controversial.  Such little moderation yet all it takes is one poster reporting another to get them banned. I like the fact this is out in the open , im a firm believer in free speech , things can get heated...thats life. 

Fwiw ive only ever ' contacted  the aurhorities ' once in my life, while working as a river warden i came across a group that were ' mink hunting' ...im enough of a country boy to recognise that they were in fact Otter hunting... about 10 cars were parked near the bridge in the middle of nowhere, half with  uk plates!!   Somehow all these cars suffered two flat tyres each , which meant they were still in the vicinity when the Fisheries dept boys arrived . 

Keep your powder dry for shoite that matters.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't realise otter hunting was a thing. Is it a fun thing? The water equivalent of fox hunting? I wouldn't have thought it was for their meat. 

Such a shame about all those tyres. I guess there are alot of thorns, etc on country roads...

32 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I didn't realise otter hunting was a thing. Is it a fun thing? The water equivalent of fox hunting? I wouldn't have thought it was for their meat. 

Such a shame about all those tyres. I guess there are alot of thorns, etc on country roads...

Yeah its a thing, an illegal thing , done for ' sport' not meat. Similar type of folk to fox hunters, you know, ignoring conservation signs and fences, guffawing and sipping from hip flasks. 

I bet they bring a mini air compresssor on future forays into the wild west of Cork though. 😉. 

I am an Angler , Otters eat Salmon and  Sea Trout , but if a river cant sustain an otter population   , what business do i have trying to catch any fish there? Its their river not mine.  

These guys would happily kill any otter they hunt down as they see the countryside as a resource ...for themselves, not for nature.

Real big men. With flat tyres( deflated , not slashed...thats criminal damage)

Edited by wcorkcanary

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

**** me. This entire thread descends to depths I didn't think possible even for this lot.

Actually it's really good.

And welcome back TVB.

Nobody likes a grass. This forum will be dead if every slightly offensive post, stalker, lurker and bully got called out.

10 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Hell yeah! Let's steal the server, we can find out who else Greavsy has been grassing on then! :classic_biggrin:

I'll go get the hilux!!

Hilux? You can probably run this forum on a Raspberry Pi or two! 

(Picture of a Raspberry Pi for the unacquainted:

1EF23128-F344-495F-B739-B80BB6DB40D9.jpeg)

Edited by Nuff Said

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Picture of a Raspberry Pi for the unacquainted

Is that Man City's training ground?  What are the tall metal buildings and why has the big garage (bottom left) got NCFC lights underneath?

(Confused)

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Hilux? You can probably run this forum on a Raspberry Pi or two! 

(Picture of a Raspberry Pi for the unacquainted:

1EF23128-F344-495F-B739-B80BB6DB40D9.jpeg)

I initially thought it was an aerial shot of an architect's model of an upgraded Colney?.....

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

And welcome back TVB.

Nobody likes a grass. This forum will be dead if every slightly offensive post, stalker, lurker and bully got called out.

Call em out by all means,  report them? Nah. 

1 minute ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Probably the clappy filter is bunged up with tired old fluff so honest opinion can't get through.

More likely the cr4ppy filter bunged up with your sh1te.

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Possibly buy the database if Archant want rid?

Just thinking on this.... for anyone who's received d**k pics from my account over the past 18 months, that was my 3 year pressing the enter key when my back was turned. 

Plus the "You wanna see more?" text at the top was my uncles too, as is the mobile number -  so absolutely nothing to do with me.. 

In fact, all you that received these may be best to just delete them and we'll write it off as a one big mistake(?)  - thanks!

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Phwahhhh hah hah hah....

Cmon then big boy , lets have some details... like a who, a when and a what about? Some proof perhaps? 

You n Buh are wrong chap, not just incorrect but actually wrong.

Cos your opinion matters not.

Now someone may have reported something reprehensible  that was said to me, but not me as i have an ability to find quarter wits like yourselves no more disturbing than wind.  One belch  and hoopla .....you're  gone from my universe.   Dissipated into the ether. 

Buuuuurp!

Adieu sad sack.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Has anyone from the Canaries Trust approached Archant about what they're planning for the forum? Possibly buy the database if Archant want rid?

You've obviously not heard of Data Protection, plus why would a fans group want to lumbered with a messageboard 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

And welcome back TVB.

This forum is easily the lead moderated one I'm on. 

The software upgrade helped to deal with some of the more egregious issues we have on here (the block button is useful) and there seems to have been at least some effort to crackdown on certain people having about 17 different usernames. 

However some moderation is needed to make sure the forum is ruined for people by a small minority. I know some don't agree but Morty getting banned was absolutely correct as you could barely find a thread that wasn't derailed by him going after one of his targets in the most insulting way possible. Similar with Bill. When these types of accounts can't heed a warning, I've no problem with the ban hammer coming out.

28 minutes ago, Diane said:

You've obviously not heard of Data Protection, plus why would a fans group want to lumbered with a messageboard 🤣

I'm not sure it necessarily applies in this instance given that the only data held is email address and comments. Upon transfer, you can also offer new terms and conditions committing to delete all posts by a user if they're unhappy with the transfer of data.

When you think about it, if a pension company is bought by another pension company, all of the data on customers is handed from one entity to another, and GDPR does not present a barrier to this, so I don't think it should apply in this instance either. There's the footprint of deceased fans that doubtless mean something to some people.

Just strikes me that the forum is a part of the club's history in a lot of respects; it'd be a shame to see it disappear without trace, which would be the obvious consequence of it being abandoned by Archant;  it does feel like Archant is moving towards that.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

18 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Try Cornwall TGS. Two marathons rated as two of thel hardest in the UK. The Cornish (has ten categorised hills) and the Eden. What some call a hill we call a nip.

Done the Polar Circle, which - despite being a net downhill - is often rated a hard one simply as it's in Greenland, end of October, and freezing. And under a pile of snow in places.

If I'm doing a mara again it's for one reason only, namely to get a monkey off my back that is over ten years old, namely I'd want to break 3:45. Missed it by 100 seconds in Frankfurt back in 2012, and didn't finish Spreewald in 2014 when an old hip injury as a side-effect from the speedwork I did for Frankfurt training badly flared up mid-race.

So that rules hilly ones out.

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I initially thought it was an aerial shot of an architect's model of an upgraded Colney?.....

Going off the pic I even thought there was a new SoccerBot in the middle!

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'm not sure it necessarily applies in this instance given that the only data held is email address and comments. Upon transfer, you can also offer new terms and conditions committing to delete all posts by a user if they're unhappy with the transfer of data.

When you think about it, if a pension company is bought by another pension company, all of the data on customers is handed from one entity to another, and GDPR does not present a barrier to this, so I don't think it should apply in this instance either. There's the footprint of deceased fans that doubtless mean something to some people.

Just strikes me that the forum is a part of the club's history in a lot of respects; it'd be a shame to see it disappear without trace, which would be the obvious consequence of it being abandoned by Archant;  it does feel like Archant is moving towards that.

Agreed, after all ownership of the data has already been transferred once from Archant to Newsquest.

55 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Going off the pic I even thought there was a new SoccerBot in the middle!

A new Soccerbot? The current one is clearly doing a fantastic job already! 

No new members since the 26th April when we were in the middle of this thread.

I think we switched to accounts needing admin approval a few years back. 

I’ll admit I often forgot to look through the pending list and I’d get the occasional email from someone stuck in the queue. 

12 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How do you find out who snitches on who? 

The higher their 'post count' the more likely they are to believe they 'own the place'.

29 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

The higher their 'post count' the more likely they are to believe they 'own the place'.

image.jpeg.e56ed44a82b8d69be329a1af72238e96.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Me, Nutty, Hogesar, Ricardo and King Canary just bought out Newsquest so technically we do own the place. Watch your step.