Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Screenshot_20230809-150224.thumb.png.207f60422d48d1d331a5ca4001143622.png

He's a winger. Might throw a spanner in the works of the Rashica deal?

I thought that, seem though the new line floating out of Turkey is that Galatasaray will now look to sell Zaniolo and Rashica is still of interest 

2 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I thought that, seem though the new line floating out of Turkey is that Galatasaray will now look to sell Zaniolo and Rashica is still of interest 

Yeah, I saw earlier that Zaniolo was being linked to Juve. Hopefully it comes off, as the money involved might encourage Galatasaray to meet our asking price.

I still wonder whether Mosquito and Nathan are still long term interests for us and we'll make a move when we have some cash, albeit the latter is a RB and apparently we arent pursuing another RB. If they do Fisher may go out on loan.

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

NNR but Luton have signed Ross Barkley 

unreal signing by them 

4212E28C-9D5F-4737-A7B9-709252CEBDCC.png

He's not played too much of late and released by Nice. I cant see him being Prem quality anymore, but will be an interesting watch (not that im going to watch Luton at all this season)

15 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

NNR but Luton have signed Ross Barkley 

unreal signing by them 

4212E28C-9D5F-4737-A7B9-709252CEBDCC.png

Would have been an "unreal" signing about a decade ago. Nowadays however he's more likely going to be sat on the bench scoffing donuts for most of the season

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would have been an "unreal" signing about a decade ago. Nowadays however he's more likely going to be sat on the bench scoffing donuts for most of the season

Yeah. Will be interesting to see if he still has the drive and fight. A player who never really delivered. He wouldn't be my first choice for a relegation battle.

3 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Look who's on the move:

I think that's a good signing, but £14m?  Didn't think he had that kind of value associated to him.

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I think that's a good signing, but £14m?  Didn't think he had that kind of value associated to him.

8 goals and 4 assists in the championship at 19/20 years old isn't a bad return. Villa probably aren't desperate to sell but also seem to be trying to move up the table fast. They might as well sell at a decent price while they can.

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It’s an unreal signing for Luton mate 

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Heres a deal which could be the key to Rashica's future. If this gets done, we might see Gala return with the sort of offer that may make Norwich say yes. 

Why don't Villa just sign Rashica? 🤔🤣

27 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Heres a deal which could be the key to Rashica's future. If this gets done, we might see Gala return with the sort of offer that may make Norwich say yes. 

Reading a Gala forum a few days back, I think confirmation of their place in Champions League is a factor, also.  I'm not sure how all the qualifying works though.

In other news, looks like Spurs have accepted 100 million euros from Bayern for Kane.  

Edited by Google Bot

Talksport just said that Villa chasing that Gala player as Buendia has picked up an injury which could side-line him for a while.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Talksport just said that Villa chasing that Gala player as Buendia has picked up an injury which could side-line him for a while.

Cheers for that, will update my fantasy league plans

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Oh that's a massive shame. Was looking forward to watching him under Emery. 

Ah, whilst it is bad news for Emi it could be good news for Norwich if Zaniolo departs Gala, Rashica deal could be accelerated.

13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

If there is any credence in this rumour then it would take a fee north of 20 mill...totally different set of circumstances to Max. 3 years left on contract, that Webber statement about turning down 20 mill in Jan, only Duffy and  Gibson  fit CDMs  apart from Omo, City reluctant to sell. But of course it could happen, lets just hope a replacement is targeted should it happen.

• Like 1

Just now, Essjayess said:

If there is any credence in this rumour then it would take a fee north of 20 mill...totally different set of circumstances to Max. 3 years left on contract, that Webber statement about turning down 20 mill in Jan, only Duffy and  Gibson  fit CDMs  apart from Omo, City reluctant to sell. But of course it could happen, lets just hope a replacement is targeted should it happen.

Yes I think we can assume if we lose Max for 7.5m / Ombamodiele for circa £20m and Rashica we will be aiming to replace with at least 3/4 signings to improve the quality throughout the team.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Yes I think we can assume if we lose Max for 7.5m / Ombamodiele for circa £20m and Rashica we will be aiming to replace with at least 3/4 signings to improve the quality throughout the team.

Let’s hope so my worry is we would only replace Andy O and bank the rest.

16 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think if we sell Aarons/Rashica & Omobamidele, we will only replace Omobamidele & save the rest of the money for the January transfer window, or for a rainy day. 

Just now, Top corner said:

I think if we sell Aarons/Rashica & Omobamidele, we will only replace Omobamidele & save the rest of the money for the January transfer window, or for a rainy day. 

Its August and its raining. However the historical interest we have held in some Brazilian players dont amount to vast sums, so if they are legitimate interests I wouldnt be surprised if we move for those with little capital involved.

Edited by jaberry2

31 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Its August and its raining. However the historical interest we have held in some Brazilian players dont amount to vast sums, so if they are legitimate interests I wouldnt be surprised if we move for those with little capital involved.

My concern with this strategy of buying SA players is the time it takes to get used to the Championship and life here in general. Nunez is still an unknown quantity for me for example