Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lap of Appreciation

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The post I was replying to said the lap of appreciation should not take place. Please don't lose sight of that in a rush to be a victim.

A rush to be a victim?..........really?..........you are on one today NN. May I suggest you just aim your comments directly at the people or person that says the lap of appreciation should not go ahead, rather than making sweeping generalisations. I do not want to fall out with you NN, because you are a top bloke so I am not going to say anything else about the lap of appreciation other than I think it should go ahead, it is up to people if they stay for it or not, I personally would not try to influence anybodies decision, I hope all those that stay are respectful and do not take their frustration with the club out on the players and I have made a choice not to attend............

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

A rush to be a victim?..........really?..........you are on one today NN. May I suggest you just aim your comments directly at the people or person that says the lap of appreciation should not go ahead, rather than making sweeping generalisations. I do not want to fall out with you NN, because you are a top bloke so I am not going to say anything else about the lap of appreciation other than I think it should go ahead, it is up to people if they stay for it or not, I personally would not try to influence anybodies decision, I hope all those that stay are respectful and do not take their frustration with the club out on the players and I have made a choice not to attend............

Having different views on a message board should not ever result in a personal falling out. 

Anyway, in the end we have the same view that the lap should take place and allow people to choose.

Good job I got industrial size sacks o' popcorn....this thread could be a good un....Now salted or toffee mmh?....

Popcorntime GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Having different views on a message board should not ever result in a personal falling out. 

Anyway, in the end we have the same view that the lap should take place and allow people to choose.

And it hasn't, even though you got personal, which is something I have never done to you even if we have differing views on a subject. As you say we both agree that the lap of appreciation should go ahead...........

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

And it hasn't, even though you got personal, which is something I have never done to you even if we have differing views on a subject. As you say we both agree that the lap of appreciation should go ahead...........

But I didn't get personal. You somehow decided I'd called you a bitter old man. I hadn't done so. 

I'll edit the post.

Maybe we can rename it and call it "The Lap of Unappreciation due to the lack of Application".....

....Win win an' the Bairns still get to see them lappin'....an' a clappin'.....

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But I didn't get personal. You somehow decided I'd called you a bitter old man. I hadn't done so. 

I'll edit the post.

Do not bother, the personal jibe was about rushing to be a victim, but don't edit that either...........

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Do not bother, the personal jibe was about rushing to be a victim, but don't edit that either...........

Ok 

It's quite clear to me I didn't call you a bitter old man. 

Roll on the day when we win some matches and we all pretend to be friends again.

Don't mention victims or the scousers will turn up, and no one wants that! 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Don't mention victims or the scousers will turn up, and no one wants that! 😉

Been to the Buh school of stereotyping then G? 

• Haha 1

Win lose or draw against Blackpool on Bank Holiday Monday the atmosphere at a packed stadium at full-time is still gonna be superb.Winter Olympics Clap GIF - Winter Olympics Clap North Korea - Discover &  Share GIFs

There’s excessively reasonable/ unreasonable people on this board together with those that plough down the middle. Feelings are running high and there’s always going to be fallouts .No surprise given this has been a real s*it-show of a season.

I won’t be there for the Blackpool game and probably wouldn’t have bothered anyway but I hope Teemu gets the send off he deserves.

It’s likely to be a pretty toxic afternoon which will be a pity.

Could Pukki not do a lap of appreciation on his own? That would seem more fitting.

15 minutes ago, Grando said:

Could Pukki not do a lap of appreciation on his own? That would seem more fitting.

Not under Wagner...hell be trying to get Sarge or idah alongside him, getting in his way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I don't think the players are at fault for any of this really. They've worked under 2 coaches this year, neither one has done anything to improve their chances of succeeding on the pitch. 2nd half on Saturday you could see the frustration amongst the players, mainly down to the current situation but also the fact that they were being completely outplayed. It would be nice if the senior people at the club could provide our squad with a coach who will actually improve them as a collective.

Perhaps it's time for Newsquest to get out that mushroom again. 

Not the same one obviously.

Did we ever get to see the mushroom when Deano was sacked?

Edited by nutty nigel
🍄⚽

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Which is probably why Pukki is unlikely to start?

I'd like him on the pitch so at minute 22 we can do a massive Pukki appreciation. If the performance is another disgrace then we have the option to vacate the ground.

I can't see anything otherthan a sarcastic toxic atmosphere otherwise tbh.

To the contrary, I reckon he’ll start and be hooked after an hour or so to give the fans the opportunity to stand up, applaud, sing and wave. 

Then leave the ground as soon as Pukki’s bottom hits the bench. 

We had all this last season and this one's been even worse.

People are obviously free to stay or go but I worry on the response if we get tonked by Blackpool, Teemu or no Teemu.

The club will just have to read the room on the day.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We had all this last season and this one's been even worse.

People are obviously free to stay or go but I worry on the response if we get tonked by Blackpool, Teemu or no Teemu.

The club will just have to read the room on the day.

But who's room should they read?

I really hope they do it although I probably won't stay. If I stayed so @Duncan Edwards was even later for the pub he'd probably combust...

43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But who's room should they read?

I really hope they do it although I probably won't stay. If I stayed so @Duncan Edwards was even later for the pub he'd probably combust...

If it’s really toxic it would be sensible for the players to beetle off the pitch sharpish maybe with Teemu doing the honours with his family. I don’t think anyone would begrudge him an appreciative farewell. Yes, time has caught up and he’s not the player he was but it wasn’t his fault it all started to go t*ts up for him when Buendia departed.

I remember the players avoided the lap when we went down to League One. We haven’t reached that rock bottom this time round but the season’s been pretty meaningless and rudderless so it’s all pretty ‘ meh ‘ nonetheless.

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If it’s really toxic it would be sensible for the players to beetle off the pitch sharpish maybe with Teemu doing the honours with his family. I don’t think anyone would begrudge him an appreciative farewell. Yes, time has caught up and he’s not the player he was but it wasn’t his fault it all started to go t*ts up for him when Buendia departed.

I remember the players avoided the lap when we went down to League One. We haven’t reached that rock bottom this time round but the season’s been pretty meaningless and rudderless so it’s all pretty ‘ meh ‘ nonetheless.

But it's not about those who don't want to stay. It's about those who do. If you're already halfway down Riverside why would it matter?

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But it's not about those who don't want to stay. It's about those who do. If you're already halfway down Riverside why would it matter?

Maybe if we win the mood won’t be as bad but if the majority who stay are only doing so to hurl abuse if I was a retained player why would I want to do a lap ?

Get those boots off and away from the place asap.

Sad as I am in not being able to show Teemu my appreciation I’m just glad I’m not going to be there.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

17 minutes ago, essex canary said:

How about a race between Teemu and Foulger with some whips lined up behind. We won't catch Teemu whatever.

Kinky ****