Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lap of Appreciation

Just now, CANARYKING said:

That’s going to be interesting, especially if there’s no one in the ground 

One of our greatest ever players is leaving. I imagine many of us will be there to say thanks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

One of our greatest ever players is leaving. I imagine many of us will be there to say thanks.

Marquinhos isn’t that good, surely?!

No, you’re right - it’s definitely a weird one.  It’s been an extremely underwhelming season but we should give Pukki a decent send off.  

8 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I have no intention of staying for the lap of appreciation, not sure I would bracket Pukki as one of our greatest players, i am sure he will survive me and others like me not staying to wave goodbye..........

88 goals in five seasons, including double figures twice in the PL fronting an inadequate team. My God, so average.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'll be there purely to see Pukki off to be honest. He's been a great servant for the club and deserves a good send off, regardless of how poorly this season has planned out.

Sticking around to see pukki off will be seen as happy and satisfied fans by the club.

The best message is for everyone to just leave at the final whistle let them see an empty stadium.

Pukki made his choice , time to voice ours.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Sticking around to see pukki off will be seen as happy and satisfied fans by the club.

The best message is for everyone to just leave at the final whistle let them see an empty stadium.

Which is probably why Pukki is unlikely to start?

I'd like him on the pitch so at minute 22 we can do a massive Pukki appreciation. If the performance is another disgrace then we have the option to vacate the ground.

I can't see anything otherthan a sarcastic toxic atmosphere otherwise tbh.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Totally agree and any who do remain will doubtless be labelled....'the real supporters' (Nigel Worthington after last home match of 2005-2006 season).

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

88 goals in five seasons, including double figures twice in the PL fronting an inadequate team. My God, so average.

Did I say average?, please stop this modern nonsense of assuming and putting words in my mouth. A very good player but personally not in my top ten of great Norwich players, it is all about opinions I know.................

It should not take place and be yet another example of the club not reading the room if there is a toxic atmosphere.

• Like 1

The lap of appreciation is for the players to appreciate the fans. The kids look forward to it. Why should bitter old men spoil it for them.

Edited by nutty nigel
This post was in response to the view that the lap should not take place.
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

The lap of appreciation is for the players to appreciate the fans. The kids look forward to it. Why should bitter old men spoil it for them.

So they will be appreciating the awful atmosphere created because of the dross dished up more often than not at home this season. The appreciation should be shown next Saturday to the diehards at West Brom.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So they will be appreciating the awful atmosphere created because of the dross dished up more often than not at home this season. The appreciation should be shown next Saturday to the diehards at West Brom.

Stuff the kids then.

Stuff the kids then.

When did the lap of honour become all about the kids then ? Unlike you to start moving the goalposts.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

When did the lap of honour become all about the kids then ? Unlike you to start moving the goalposts.

If you ever stayed and watched you'd see. Sometimes we'd all do well to remember what it was like supporting the club before we knew best.

And what about if Pukki wants to appreciate the fans and who he feels deserve.

Football really isn't about all this bitterness.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not sure that is quite right Double N. Invariably they bring their kids on with them so I'm not sure its them saluting the fans.

6 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

Pukki to start, sub him off in the 80th minute so he can get the appreciation that he deserves.  

Exactly. Let him get the applause on his own.

I have never been one to get emotional about players leaving or retiring. Teemu will be holding up the scarf of another club soon. Its only the fans who stick with it.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not sure that is quite right Double N. Invariably they bring their kids on with them so I'm not sure its them saluting the fans.

They go around and applaud the fans. All the kids get down the front and love it. I can't see why it should not take place. Just stay if you want or leave if you want. Then everyone gets to do what they want. Why is that such a problem?

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Shouldn't the players appreciate the fans after every game rather than just disappearing down the tunnel?. One had the balls to come across to talk to the fans after the game and he got a very good reception. I am not against the lap of appreciation, I will not be staying to watch it but then I am just a bitter old man.........apparently..........

They go around and applaud the fans. All the kids get down the front and love it. I can't see why it should not take place. Just stay if you want or leave if you want. Then everyone gets to do what they want. Why is that such a problem?

Not a problem. I was just pointing out what I thought was an error in your post. I'm sure the youngsters love it and I wouldn't deny them the pleasure. But I think the players love the applause as much as anything.

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Shouldn't the players appreciate the fans after every game rather than just disappearing down the tunnel?. One had the balls to come across to talk to the fans after the game and he got a very good reception. I am not against the lap of appreciation, I will not be staying to watch it but then I am just a bitter old man.........apparently..........

The post I was replying to said the lap of appreciation should not take place. Please don't lose sight of that in a rush to be a victim.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not a problem. I was just pointing out what I thought was an error in your post. I'm sure the youngsters love it and I wouldn't deny them the pleasure. But I think the players love the applause as much as anything.

Different perspectives as always. I'm glad you told me about that.

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I remember the club facing a bit of ridicule after we lost to Sunderland in the Cup Semi Final. The biggest reaction from many fans was disappointment that only Flecky came out to wave to them. Not that we had been beaten by a team from a lower league and once again an FA Cup Final eluded us.

So when I certain things about Norwich supporters, I do tend to take much with a pinch of salt. They just need to accept they aren't the Kop. But they are dedicated to their club in their own Norfolk way.

I'll push my way past them pesky kids to get to the front of the GW stand with my sheet o' cardboard placard an' written on it in my best crayon saying....

"Teemu bugga yer shirt - but can I have some of your salary for this month pleez as Guinness is quite expensive!"....